• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think about Zero Suit Samus's new look and moves?

Do you love Zero Suit Samus's new look/moves?

• I love both her new look and her moves!

Votes: 228 73.8%
  • I love her new look but I dislike her new moves

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • I dislike her new look but love her new moves

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • I hate what they did to samus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why the high heels?

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Sakurai trolling Ridley fans again

Votes: 27 8.7%

• Total voters

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Really happy with her look, could do without the high heal aspect of the shoes though. Otherwise I think it's great, obviously seems like it's mostly based on Other M but actually looks way better. The face in particular looks much more determined and tough than her face does in Other M, where it often looked bland or soft just reenforcing people's poor opinion of her characterization in that game (which I totally agree with BTW). ZSS is the closest thing to a "main" I considered any of my characters in Brawl and I'm really liking everything about the new ZSS. Except the high heals, as I said could do without those but not a make or break kind of deal.
Posted in another thread, pretty much sums up my thoughts on her look. tl;dr she's great looking and sexy as hell!

As as moves I'll have to play her to see for sure, but I'm optimistic. As I've stated in what? 3 different threads now, she's the closest character I had to a "main" throughout most of Brawl. I only really played Brawl casually for most of it's life so didn't really stick to one character for long amounts of time. ZSS is the one I went to when I knew I wanted to try to play well and the one I felt I regularly did the best as. I also just enjoyed he style. Separating her from Samus is something I've hoped for all along, as I said I mostly play casual with groups of friens, so we don't mind having Smash Balls but it also meant I either get it and change to a less desirable character or don't and someone else gets it :b. Her new moves look pretty cool, she'll probably be the first or second character I play (legacy most played character from all games Link or fav character from Brawl ZSS?).

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I like her new design especially her hair. Her new kick moves will hopefully enhance her gameplay.

Last edited:

PJSalt

Smash Rookie
NNID
iSmashbro
3DS FC
2251-5709-7722
I'm not as hung up on the new look as most people are, but in terms of moves, she's definitely a higher tier character from what I've seen so far (Good riddance she got rid of that god-awful Plasma Whip)

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Since Ridley is a stage hazard and Dark Samus is an assist trophy I guess this is all we're getting... oh well haha. Maybe he'll put in Chozo Warrior!

Yes, Zamus looks much more awesome this time around and I am excited to use her. She was one of those characters I always forgot existed in Brawl and when I did play as her, Zamus' moveset felt really lame. Looks like she has much more style this time.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Definitely loving her new moves and look. I can't wait to play her, haha.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am very excited for this Zero Suit Samus.

Dem heels!

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I can see why they are making her a better kicker,her up B in brawl was really good and this is a good way to give her a buff while nerfing her

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I adore her new design. Makes her look more like a bad-ass and strong female character. The boots in particular are quite astounding.

I'm in favour of the boots being a move and basically being a very good recovery to add to her arsenal.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
More seriously, I am completely ecstatic that they separated ZSS and Samus. It's everything I could have wished for. I love this Direct.

I was worried that ZSS wouldn't even appear in SSB4, and she comes back with a fantastic new moveset and freaking ROCKET KICKS. Never doubt Sakurai.

I'm not as hung up on the new look as most people are, but in terms of moves, she's definitely a higher tier character from what I've seen so far (Good riddance she got rid of that god-awful Plasma Whip)

She still seems to have whip moves. ZSS was fun as hell in Brawl, and I'm sure she'll be even better here. I wouldn't mind her trash Fsmash changing, though.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wanted rocket boots for Mach Rider and rocket gloves for Andross with a body.

Glad someone strapped on some rockets. Her design looks sleek.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Seems like Samus has been hanging out with Bayonetta. :p

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
The Tuninator said:
Never doubt Sakurai.
Never forget he made random tripping.

ZSS looks more like a Smash character now, a serious fighter, and less like someone nice who walked into a fight and happened to be extremely competent (seriously in the Subspace factory when she walks in on Pikachu... her+Pikachu was adorable in Brawl though). The change is pretty subtle (if I had to pin it down I'd say a slightly darker suit and a facial expression shift, as well as the general graphics update), but it's a good step in my opinion - I think Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Kirby, and Luma fill the role of adorable/distracted fighter just fine [if Jiggs gets back - if not 3 is still enough] - a bounty hunter would be far more focused and serious, like her new look (though she just looks angry in the 3DS photo I saw).

That said, I would much prefer the Brawl-looking ZSS and a strong, well-rounded character over a new look but a drop in viability. I'm just hoping her rocket boots really did enhance her abilities, not give her a slew of nerfs (Ganondorf's Brawl makeover did that - please don't repeat that Sakurai...).

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
When they trolled by saying she won't be coming and then totally flipped **** upside down with her new look I almost had to change pants Nintendo has official claimed my soul Now that Wifi will be a lot more Legit.

I was hoping there would be things like random events for tournaments or having a set number of Lives for For Glory mode but all in all they look like they are starting to get their **** together.

By the time this game comes out Internet world wide should have made some advancements in terms of what the standards are.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Looks pretty cool. The functionality of her moveset seems to make sense compared to brawl where you were confused on what damage she was dealing and how.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Her moveset kind of gives off that Bayonetta flashy feel.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Zero Suit Samus definitely looks a LOT cooler and scarier this time around. I especially love the new footwear. Girl power!

I tried maining her in Brawl, but in the end she just was not for me. I will definitely try her out again this time around, especially since she seems much faster and stronger now, and that she is a separate character.

Oh, and like others, I totally fell for Sakurai's joke. That bloke just loves mind games.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The only thing we needed with those heels was some cleavage.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
No crazy about the heels, but she seems to be a lot less boring than she was in Brawl. I like the new design overall.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
She still seems to have whip moves. ZSS was fun as hell in Brawl, and I'm sure she'll be even better here. I wouldn't mind her trash Fsmash changing, though.
I think he was talking about a new move. I think her Up-B was replaced with a strong upwards rocket kick; she combos with this move in the direct.

did "they" get bigger?
Yes, her boobs were enhanced.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
What's with the unreasonable hate on the whip? Well, it's still there either way

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Her "size" wasn't increased from Other M though...ugh. That game will forever haunt any Metroid fan, especially me. Although it might just be the suit difference that's messing with people, since they're highlighted more.

It seems like her Down+A is changed to a straight upward kick. It used to be a Flip. An odd choice for a recovery when her Side/Up B is what everyone uses as a recovery for her (which isn't being replaced, either). Especially since the Boots + Bracelets supposedly increase her power.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Her "size" wasn't increased from Other M though...ugh. That game will forever haunt any Metroid fan, especially me. Although it might just be the suit difference that's messing with people, since they're highlighted more.

It seems like her Down+A is changed to a straight upward kick. It used to be a Flip. An odd choice for a recovery when her Side/Up B is what everyone uses as a recovery for her (which isn't being replaced, either). Especially since the Boots + Bracelets supposedly increase her power.
They took out the kickflip? Awww, booo. I loved that move.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I think it looks a lot better. Maybe just because her suit is darker? Idk, but she looks more badass. Also those jet boots thou.

Top Bottom