• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you love most about your main?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I suppose I can post more of mine since I have a few others I use a lot and most people are putting multiple characters in.

:4tlink: Young Link was my secondary in Melee because of my love of Ocarina of Time, and they replaced him with Toon Link, who while I didn't play Wind Waker, I DID play Minish Cap, and found TLink adorable. I grew to liking him even despite his differences from Young Link, and he's become my solid number 2 since. Noticeably under Pikachu for me, but solidly above anyone else.

:4metaknight: I love the Kirby series and Meta Knight's introduction in Brawl was epic for me. I liked him a lot in Brawl but felt bad about using him. I main him in PM when I play that, and Smash 4 Meta Knight feels now like a wonderful extension of that, great character with a solid moveset and a lot of versatility.

:4sonic: YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOST MY **** WHEN I SAW SONIC REVEALED FOR BRAWL. It was the biggest announcement for me. He was my 3rd most used in Brawl by a milestone, arguably 2nd on par with TLink. He was also solidly in my top characters throughout Smash 3DS and when Wii U came out, he held on until recently when I just started picking up a lot of other characters. However as a Sonic fan, I still use him regularly and love him all the same.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I use a big bunch of the cast, but focus solidly on 4 characters, my mains and secondaries. I suppose I'll go into them seeing as others have listed a few.

I listed them in the spoiler below, to save having to scroll past multiple paragraphs.
:rosalina: Rosalina is my 2nd favourite Mario character ever (2nd to Bowser, beating Waluigi), and you have no idea how much I squealed with joy when I saw she was playable in SM3DW. A few months later, it was revealed she would be in Smash 4. I instantly knew who would be one of my most used characters. Out of the handful I initially tried upon release (Her, Bowser, Marth and Mario), it soon became clear who I was best with, and she thus became my main, and who I still to this day, invest the most time into. Going into her moveset, I love how much range she is capable of with Luma, and that surprising power is something to fear. I also like her defensive playstyle, which is fantastic in the Smash 4 metagame. Plus she's my waifu. Waifu4laifu.

:4mario: My 2nd best character, who I consider my 2nd "main". Aside from me just loving Mario (I'm in what seems like the minority that prefers Mario to Luigi as a character), I was super excited to hear Mario was buffed. It's really fun to play Mario and feel like you are a real threat for once. I love his neutral game, which is super easy to get your head around, and his combos, though don't differ much, are really rewarding when pulled off correctly. A super fun character, who is super easy to switch into playing. Super!

:4marth: My first real secondary. I have used Marth as a main in every game since Melee. He was one of those intriguing characters to me, who felt really good to play as to boot. Eventually I learned that hitting with the tip of his sword maximized almost every situation. Trying to play like this feels really rewarding, and actually fun, as you feel like you have a mission whilst playing. Needless to say, this transitioned into Brawl, where Marth stayed my main. I also picked up his game remake on the DS, learning much more about the character and gaining more respect for him. Coming into Smash 4, I was aware of the nerfs Marth had received. Did this stop me playing him? Of course not. I play Marth out of love of the character. Most of his attributes still stand, such as great spacing game when tipped, great off stage game, great range. Landing that tipper early is SUPER satisfying. I also feel Marth gets the sh***y end of the stick in Smash 4. Most people seem to ignore him due to the nerfs. I will say that they change him up from before, and he has a couple of areas which could do with improvement, but he is still effective in my eyes. Just not spammable and easy win. Sticking with a character gains more respect for them too. Marth, I love ya. Say what you like about him, he's fabulous.

:4samus: Another character who I feel gets shown in a dimmed light in Smash 4. Samus was my main in 64, and secondary in Melee and PM. I only recently decided to start playing more Metroid games to get to know the character more (i'm glad I did). What attracts me to picking Samus is her long range spacing game, and just how powerful it can be. As with Marth, people assume Samus is bad due to a few reasons, like her Jab or Dash Attack, yet if you explored the character you'd realize that most of her "problems" aren't actual problems at all, and can either be worked around, or adapted to. A problem is a trait like being huge and combo-able, or struggles landing (Samus can struggle landing. At least she has options to mix up landing). I won't argue that she could do with a few fixes here and there, but that's not to say she can't work with what she already has. Her moves pack a punch (Dsmash not counted), and have lots of utility (Dash Attack being one of them, being able to combo at many percents based on the clean or late hit, and can even kill), and has a great true combo game, with some of them being able to deal 40%+ damage.That Zair is just fantastic too. Samus all in all feels extremely rewarding to play and win with. She's hard to master, but when mastered, can be a terror. Most people don't seem to expect it either, as they expect the cancerous FG rolling archetype.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
:4dedede: - TRUE HERO OF SUBSPACE, GUYZ! But seriously. I have the most fun and enjoyment with King Dedede over everyone else. Despite his numerous weaknesses, I can never be swayed from dropping him completely.

:4falcon: - YES! Captain Falcon's amazing. I'm so glad he was improved from Brawl. If I ever really wanted to play seriously, Falcon would definitely be one of those characters I would main and focus on.

:4metaknight: - I am so glad the updates fixed Meta Knight. He has now become a very decent character in my disposal, and I can now find enjoyment in using him without having that belief that he is stupidly broken!

:4greninja: - My most hyped newcomer, and it was well worth the wait to use him! He's another character I love to play seriously with, though I'll need way more practice to fully master him, as he's a little finicky for me.

:4rob: - I can use R.O.B. as both a "For Fun" character or a character I can play seriously with. All I need to do is learn his projectile game a bit more and maybe learn about him a bit more.

:4drmario: - Another "For Fun" character for me mostly, but the Doc's pretty cool. He is much stronger than Mario, but it does come at the cost of it being harder to recover with him.

D

Deleted member

May as well post about my other characters I suppose.

:4yoshi: I love Yoshi. He was one of my mains in Brawl and I generally adore his games and himself as a character. Yoshi's Island is still one of my favorite games of all time, and I really wanna get Wooly World. His projectile play, amazing aerial mobility and having such versatile moveset all around make me stick around with the good 'ol green dino.

:4bowser: I played Bowser in Melee and Brawl a lot as a kid... I just spammed down-B and side-B in both games but I still found him fun for some reason even though in later years I realized how bad he was. But as a character Bowser is just simply awesome, and may as well be one of, if not my absolute favorite video game villain out there. Seeing him have such a great, fleshed out personality like in the M&L and Paper Mario games is stuff I like most about him, and the fact that he has such an appealing design. In Smash I'm fond of characters with great power and punish game, and Bowser fits the bill without a doubt. He's legitimately a tank of a fighter and he's such a rewarding character once you have control of the match. The up-throw buffs pretty much solidified me sticking with him although I've been maining him since launch, and I hope to be one of the best Bowsers out there.

:4metaknight: Meta Knight is just outright badass. He's literally a blue-orb Batman with a cape and sword, and despite how silly it sounds he just has this awesome aura around him. His inclusion in Brawl got me majorly psyched as a kid, and even though my friends complained he was OP I still adored him in that game. I ignored him in Smash 4 for quite an amount of time due to me being disappointed with the nerfs, but after seeing what players were doing with him along with him gaining buffs in balance patches I picked MK back up as one of my characters. What a decision I don't regret. His speed, combo game, and being able to overwhelm the opponent so swiftly is what makes Meta Knight such a satisfying character to play, not to mention he still retains top-tier taunts and the best victory theme in the game.

:4ness: I had no idea who the hell Ness was growing up ever since I got into Smash when Melee came out. It wasn't until during the Smash 4 hype I learned what EarthBound and the MOTHER series was, and that Ness was the protagonist of EarthBound. Everyone and their grandma had told me about how much of a great game it was, and Smash 4 helped contribute to me finally play it. Just such a wonderful, wonderful game I love from the bottom of my heart (even though I'm almost done with it and I gotta finish it baaaaah) and it feels great to play as the face of the Mother series in a way. I even got 2nd place in my first Smash 4 tournament with Ness, so I suppose I have that to owe to him too. I started playing Ness after I spent so much time into playing :4lucas: in Brawl, and decided to give him a chance in Sm4sh in the lieu of Lucas' absence. Again, another decision I don't regret. Even with Lucas still around and having him as a secondary, Ness just fits my playstyle so well. His spacing capabilities are great and so is his edgeguarding, and having such a exceptional grab and aerial game is a plus! I even started playing Ness in the other Smash games because I liked him so much here (which you can probably see, as I main him in PM).

Last edited by a moderator:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I just love the movement options and overall moveset that :4iggy: has, I can be all over the place and putting explosions everywhere.

w00tkins

Smash Rookie
NNID
w00tkins125
:4pacman: - I wasn't really keen on the idea of Pac-man in Smash before his reveal, but they really outdid themselves with his implementation and now I can't imagine Smash without him. His moveset is designed in a way that encourages you to be inventive in how you play. Some of the combos and set ups I've seen blow my mind. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of his potential. His attacks just seem to flow together really well to me as well.

He's also hilariously janky. I love randomly throwing out a bunch of moves and seeing what happens.

Pac-man has a fun personality too. Look how happy he is! Killing the more realistically proportioned characters of the cast with a crudely drawn sprite of an orange never gets old.

:4palutena: - My most wanted character for Smash 4 and she got in! Using the 'Powers' from Uprising was a brilliant idea. It's unfortunate her default moveset is a bit rubbish because she really comes alive with customs. Zooming around the stage, exploding things, and topping it off with that huge upsmash is hella fun.

:4kirby: - I quite like Kirby in this game. You basically have to get all up in your opponent's face and just wail on them constantly. Smash 4 also adds some useful copy abilities for him to acquire, such as Shulk-Kirby and Pac-Kirby.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
What I love the most?

:4zelda: When elegance meets strength. Since Melee, I immediatly loved the fact that she was a beautiful character with lot of kill power. This added with her defensive abilities and disjointed attacks made her a character suited for me, and despite her being slow, there's no other characters that feels so "free" in my hands.

Sweetspotted aerials are still a satisfaction after all these years.

:4robinf: The twintails of course! Another powerful magic user makes Daraen another character suited for me.

:4ganondorf: A third wizard, with the triforce of power this time!

... I guess that I simply like slow, powerful magicians! And while :4bayonetta: will bring some speed, she will be another magical character.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Something about Pikachu's playstyle just... clicks for me. Every other character I've played in any Smash game has this kind of... awkwardness to them. I have to FORCE myself into playing a certain way; Pika has exactly what I want in a character, and plays just the way I would want to. Roy is probably the only other character who doesn't click that I enjoy playing.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
:4cloud: has a lot of flaws, but with the combination of the pros of his move set and him just being an awesome character, I overlook it. The limit break system is unique (and saves your skin more than you care to keep track of), he's so much fun to play, and, come on, admit it. You love swinging around swords that are bigger than you are.

:4feroy: would probably be my main if :4cloud: wasn't in Smash. Roy is probably the best pressure character in the game in my opinion. A great moveset, a functioning recovery, and is also another fun character.

:4corrinf:CORRIN HYPE. SHE CAN TURN INTO A DARGON!

:4link: Hmm... I'm beginning to sense a pattern in my favorite characters... Is it the hair? It's probably the hair... Anyways, I like Link because of how diverse his moveset is. He has godlike combo potential between his specials, his charged arrows can KO, bombs are hilariously fun and satisfying to use, and he's just an all-around good character. Also, he stars in one of my favorite Nintendo franchises of all time, so that's a plus.

Last edited:

Ninja Girl

Smash Rookie
:4peach: I love her play style with the tricky float and turnip mix ups. Lots of fun to edge guard with especially. More importantly though, I love her animations. Her taunts and victory screen poses, and all the booty moves (bthrow, bair, sideb) are so damn sassy you gotta love it.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Peach is cute, happy, girly, and a nostalgic character from my childhood. I also really like her attacks, as they're all very silly and prissy (making a rainbow with your hands, ribbon twirling, can-can kicks, etc.)

turnips are also mega fun and there's endless little tricks and mix ups you can do with them

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
:4peach: : She's just so cute, pretty technical, I love her attacks, her gameplan is adaptable, float and turnips bring a new dimension to this character and she is not overpowered so that's pretty cool. Peach is also my favorite video game character of all time, she has been since the beginning and she will continue to be my favorite.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
:4megaman:: Other than the fact that he comes from one of my favorite series, his playstyle instantly clicked with me. Playing as him almost made me think I was playing a Mega Man game. His special weapons are pretty much a blast to use, most of which can end in some satisfying kills. And besides all that, HE'S. FREAKING. MEGA MAN. How could anyone say no?

:4robinm:: I enjoyed the fact that he was a very versatile unit in Awakening, with his swords and tomes he was useful in almost any situation. And in the transition to Smash he brought his talents with him. Not much else needs saying. .....Well, other than the ridiculousness of launching lightning, wind and fire every which way.

:4luigi:: For the life of me I can't remember why I chose to stick with him since SSBM. Maybe it was his awkwardness and unpredictability that drew me to him. At any rate, pulling victories by way of moves like Green Missile is utterly hilarious.

:4lucario:: One of my all-time favorite Pokemon making the cut? That's a no-brainer. Though he's not quite as effective as he used to be I still enjoy his playstyle/mechanics. And bonus points for being a dog. Who doesn't like dogs?

:4wario:: I just can't help but laugh at the amount of shenanigans he can pull. Wafting on people, turning them into roadkill, utilizing his broken bite range/eating projectiles....I feel like there's an elevated fun factor when I'm using him.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
:4feroy:/:roymelee:~ When me and my brother played melee, we had such the fondest memories playing it... Unlike today, we didn't care who was better, we each played ANY character and have no problem, it was only who was better overall. But when we started playing, we got to a point to where we received :marthmelee: and decided to try him out. Afterwards, we got :roymelee:. We still played Any character, but Roy seemed to get more appealing to me to play more often, and drop :gawmelee: as a main. I like Roy's energetic style of fighting, a bit slower than marth, but more powerful. To me, he feels "Just Right" more in Control, more in the fighting style, but one flaw i have with him is, I do not use him correctly. The side smashes, The counter, the neutral special, etc. I would like more training in this someday so I can get the complete feel of him like I did years ago.

:4gaw:/:gawmelee:~ Back a few months ago, I decided to try a few characters out. Who I liked playing as that I later dropped was :4drmario: (Sorry Doc. Doom. (my only amiibo)),:4jigglypuff:,:4ludwig:,:4miisword:, and :4megaman:. :4gaw: was one of the few, but as I played on, he felt similar to :4feroy:. But with one problem, I felt less in control with him. he did not feel very appealing now than he did back in Melee. But he is unique in a way to where I still play as him in both games. And because I cannot get a mod for my 3ds, I am used to my 3ds, and not the gamecube controller to feel more comfortable with.

:pichumelee:/:4pikachu:~ Pichu was one of my old most hated characters in smash. Because he damages himself as he used electric moves, and that's it. However, when I picked melee back up, I gave him a second chance... and he felt a way i never knew I didn't realize before. Pichu is one of those characters that has a "Risk for Reward" as for testing purposes, I tried a forward smash on :pikachumelee: and :pichumelee:. Pichu seemed to do more damage, but he had like 3% damage from his attack. I feel like this is very similar in Smash 4 with pikachu, except for the "Risk for Reward" I feel as if both characters feel very similar when comparing both games. Pichu/Pikachu i feel is more used than Game and Watch.

:ness64:/:nessmelee:/:lucas::ness2:/:4ness::4lucas:~ I always have disliked ness in melee for his PK Thunder, but since brawl, I got more used to him with lucas, and now, I would play as ness or lucas more currently like Roy. But if it weren't for one thing... I would not be playing as ness or lucas much... When I recieved brawl, my brother slowly stopped playing smash, as he moved on to the xbox 360. I have one too, but I feel as if Smash is more for me than my other favorite game. (Black Ops II) But I would play alone, as random characters, but I noticed a change.. As I played, I moved to specific characters to play as... Two of them mainly are Ness and Lucas. I still feel like they are a fun unique character today. My buddy plays as lucas more, but I play as ness more, so when we go against, or together, whenever we're the characters we are, We call each other, and ness & lucas, The PK Brothers. (Ness was my old brawl main, it wasn't until recently that I picked Wario as my main.)

I have so much more to discuss, but I do not want to make this post too long or double post... So this is my limit here. Mainly, this is my feeling and history towards each character, and since writing this post, I miss my old days of smash fun with friends and family.

Last edited:

DE235

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Decrosis
3DS FC
1977-0197-7138
I main pit because I liked his last game, he just turned out to be okay when the game launched.

kingofconeyisland

Smash Rookie
NNID
coneyislandking
:4peach:: I just love everything about her. She's cute snd girly and I love how she can float and attack with hearts and rainbows, oh and i LOVE ***** slapping with jab and f-throw.

:4wiifit:: She's just hilarious when i first saw her i had to main her. I smile whenever she says something in her smash attacks. she has fun combos and her crawl is so funny to do during a match. Plus header is nice

Zorthax

Smash Rookie
:4gaw:'s wind boxes. I love it when I can down-tilt and shoot my opponent super high up into the air, then I juggle them for as long as I can with up-airs. Also his dash attack is nice, it has such a good hit box that can even hit an opponent grabbing ledge.

lucina's kill setups aren't reliable in some situations, but are so satisfying to pull off
i also like her character in general.
seriously, i'd let her to fight for my father, if you know what i mean :)

help i actually don't know what that means

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'll go a little beyond the OP and pretty much explain all my favorite characters in this game:

:4mario:- The every man. Mr. Nintendo. My second favorite video game character. I've been playing Mario games since I was three and Mario will always be a character I will play in Smash, even if he's ever the worst character in an installment for whatever reason.

:4ness:- The character that sparked my curiosity in Nintendo as a whole. When I played the first Smash Bros, I was mostly just familiar with Mario, DK, Kirby, and Star Fox. I hadn't a clue who Ness was so, from that point on, I went out of my way to find games that had characters that were represented in Smash including assist trophies years down the road. Ness was also the character that got me more interested in the more unique characters in Smash and, starting in Melee, made me favor the characters themselves more than their supposed tier placement.

:4fox:- My first main along with Mario. When the original Smash came out, I was a giant Star Fox fan and Fox was the first character I regularly played seriously. When Melee came out, I naturally transitioned to him until I realized just how overused the character was and deliberately opted for worse characters. Since then, he's a character I still practice him on the side, in the hopes that the Star Fox series will eventually return to its former glory.

:popo:- *insert obnoxious sobbing here*

:4wario:- Was in my top five most wanted characters for Brawl and, luckily for me, he was one of the first characters revealed. Wario's just an A-hole and I feel like his moveset reflects that. He's Nintendo's signature antihero and has been one of my favorite Nintendo characters since Super Mario Land 2: the Six Golden Coins, the first Nintendo game I ever personally owned. I will also say that Wario's ROFLMFAO win screen is one of the best things they ever put in Smash.

:4dedede:- Another top five most wanted character for Brawl. After Mario, Kirby is the Nintendo franchise I've been into the longest and it's also one of the few Nintendo franchises that I own every major installment for. I also like Dedede for a lot of the same reasons that I like Wario: he's a giant jerk and thus very realistic both as a hero and a villain. Dedede's reveal was my favorite for Brawl and I think I sat and listened to his theme for a solid hour after he came up on the Dojo.

:4myfriends:- The character I changed my mind about. In the early Brawl days, I saw him as such a noob slayer, monkey fisted character that I had no respect for the character at all. I just saw him as a dumb swordsmen until I actually played Path of Radiance. Holy crap... this character has an inspiring story. To explain the gist of it
Ike starts off the game as a dumb kid with maybe a cereal spoon's worth of confidence but, after his father's death, becomes the leader of a huge army, forming alliances across his entire world. He overcomes his own self doubts, anger, and even prejudices to became a true leader, turning him into one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time.
All around a great character from one of Nintendo's better examples of story telling.

:4villager:- To be honest, the only Animal Crossing game I've ever really played seriously was the original for the Gamecube but I have a ton of fond memories of it from my high school years. This is also my girlfriend's favorite Nintendo franchise. Villager was a character that I wanted in my heart of hearts but pulled support for back in 2005 after too many people slammed the character idea. In Smash, I love how he plays. All his attacks seem playful or mischievous which make his more devastating moves like felling a tree on someone all the more hilarious.

:4wiifit:- The ultimate troll reveal. Nobody wanted her, I certainly didn't want her but she quickly became one of my favorite newcomers for this game because of how weird she was and how legitimately outraged people were at her inclusion. As time as gone on, I've come to appreciated how balanced she is and how she has a lot of special abilities without being too gimmicky.

:4megaman:- My favorite third party character, my second most wanted character for Brawl, and my most wanted character for this game. I've supported this character since 2002 and I've played ever major Megaman game since I got into the series in 1993. This was a character that seemed to be all but dead until his grand entrance to Smash Bros and I couldn't have been happier.

:4iggy:- I hate Bowser Jr and he's one of my least favorite video game characters. What they did with Bowser Jr in this game, however, was genius. The Koopalings were a character that I wanted way back in 2002 but I soon realized how impractical it would be to have all the Koopalings have their own separate slots (not to mention the characters had been MIA for over a decade at that point) so I gave up on the idea. It goes without saying that Iggy was my favorite Koopaling of the bunch growing up so he's the ALT that I use for Bowser Jr maybe 95% of the time.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
:4mario:= My personal favorite video game hero, I like everything there is to like about Mario. I love his color scheme, I never have a problem playing him, I love his demeanor....

I dunno, man. I just love Mario.

:4rob:= There are so many ways to use R.O.B. You can go complete projectile mode, but you can still get up close and approach. He has a great recovery, too, and he's not easy to kill.

:4cloud:=Playing as Cloud is a blast, even if I'm not especially good with him yet.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
:4zss: - She has a gun.

:4falco: - He has a gun.

:4bayonetta: - She has a gun (or two).

They all have guns. Guns make you look cool.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
:4dedede:- Had infinite and cancelable taunt a whole game before Bayo showed up. What a poser she is.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
:4wario: - Farts are always funny. And hype. Hard to play this character but so rewarding. As others have said he's also just hilarious. Pulls infinite bikes out of his butt, eats people and farts. And the constant WAH sounds from stuff like his nair and dtilt always have people laughing when I play at tourneys. And as others mentioned, his win screen is hands down the funniest and best of any character...the one of him sniffing his own fart and the rlmfao screen are so funny. And disrespectful.

Last edited:

Leon Rios

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeonRios
:4link: - I LOVE his items. The boomerang is fantastic for dealing long range damage and the arrows are fantastic for interruptions. His bombs are great for recovery, and even when enemies are falling back to the stage above you; a simple bomb and flick of the c-stick upwards can deal additional damage or allow you to read where they're wanting to fall and catch them with un up-smash. His jab is hands down my favorite jab out of all the characters, and let's not forget about his n-air... great for approaches.

:4mario: - I'm a bad person. I don't... MEAN to, but I use Mario's f-air to dunk enemies a lot. Like... a lot. I feel so guilty but it just happens. Mario's grab game to me is phenominal. He has so many aerial options that boost his edge-guarding abilities... F.L.U.D.D. is useful, but I feel kind of cheap when I use it to push enemies off the stage. His smashes are also really good! His n-air is great for approaches, like Link's too.

:4sonic: - Scissor kick. Scissor kick all day. Also his b-air is great. Side-b into a jump and n-air/u-air/up-b/f-air is fantastic... I havea lot of trouble finishing opponents with Sonic, unfortunately.

:4cloud: - His LIMIT ability really shines... I love how it boosts his B moves. Finishing touch is awesome, it's a little tricky but the timing on it is crucial so when you DO hit it, it feels awesome. His forward smash is so quick and powerful, and even though you're really vulnerable during start-up and cooldown, it still looks super awesome. His n-air is pretty good but easily challenged. It looks sweet though! Gotta love his Summoning Taunt.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:rosalina: - She is easily my all time favorite Mario character ever. I love her personality, her background story, the echo in her voice, her overall design...basically I love everything about her. **** I wouldn't be maining her if that wasn't the case. She eventually became my most wanted newcomer and I remember how super excited I was when she was confirmed for Smash two years back. I knew right then that she would definitely be an automatic main.
:4megaman: - Funny story about him is that I've never played his games before but his reveal trailer looked badass and I was excited to try him out. Needless to say, I really like how he plays and so I decided to add him as one of my mains.
:4link: - I mained him since Smash 64 but at the time, I didn't know anything about the Zelda games and it wasn't until 4 years ago when I started playing my first game in the series, which was Twilight Princess. Since then, I became a fan of the series and I dedicated myself to always have Link as one of my mains.
:4lucina: - Fire Emblem Awakening would go on to become one of my favorite 3DS games I ever played and I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Lucina easily became one of my favorite characters in the game for her personality and for the role she played in the story. I was pretty excited when she was revealed for Smash over a year ago and I knew I would definitely play as her.
:4cloud: - I never played Final Fantasy VII prior to his reveal but the way he plays just feels right at home for me that I just had to pick him up as one of my mains. I'm so tempted to play his game now as a result.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
:4bayonetta:- Hoo boy. The reason I'm not tossing Smash 4 away to play SFV a lot more. The ESRB defier. The Jojo character we all needed. THE sass queen. My favorite video game character (as if my avatar and sig weren't telling). Bayonetta was my most wanted character in secret for two whole years. I never publicly supported her in fear of being ridiculed+lack of "possibility" due to muh fan rules. But now, I can laugh in the faces of Wolf supporters! Like my good IRL friend who doesn't even play spacies. Hah. Anyways, I really like how authentic she looks to the games. The high-flying air combos are totally new to the game and look straight out of a character action game. Plus all those taunts. She looks super good in 1v1 (my preferred style by far), so I'm crossing my fingers. My dream is to be the best Bayonetta/Ryu main in the world. I REALLY want to get good with Bayonetta, especially considering that I might have more ways to get to offline events (which I've never gone to because of circumstances).
:4ryu:- The second character I've wanted for two years, Ryu represents my favorite traditional fighter, Street Fighter. I really enjoy how versatile and ridiculously powerful he is in this game. SRK feels so good. Smacking people with combos is so fun. Also he's top tier so that's great.
:4peach:- Mario is the video game franchise I grew up with (well, that and Sonic/Kirby, but I don't really like the characters that much in Smash, except Dedede for fun). I decided to pick Peach because her playstyle meshed with me and because she's my favorite Mario character. I find the float mechanic really interesting and it gives a lot of leeway to do interesting things. My playtime with her has been declining but she's still my most played by a margin.
:snake:- Metal Gear is a really great franchise and I love its campiness. Also helped by Snake's really unique playstyle and silly moves (oh, utilt!). I didn't play him that much when I was younger but now that I'm familiar with the franchise I like him a lot more. I wanted him as my #3 DLC character but I can afford to lose him for Ryu and Bayonetta (who I mesh with more as a player).
:4cloud:- I've never played a Final Fantasy game so I don't have a lot of attachment to the character, I just like how he plays. However, I can say Cloud's intrigued me more about FF, so there's that.
:rosalina:- I've been playing Rosalina as a secondary for a really long time (practically since release). I'm not amazing with her but she's fun. I also just like her gentle, caring persona in general. Also Luma is cute.
:4bowser:/:4dk:- Heavyweight grapplers with big silly moves that shouldn't be good but are. I like them as characters and their movesets. Just generally funstuff.

I have several other characters I play for fun that I didn't really mention because I don't have a ton to say about them.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
:4littlemac:An absolute nightmare in the right hands. Little Mac gaining stage control and playing mind games is an absolute scary thought to think about. He can change the turn of a battle with literally just a punch and he can rack up damage fairly quickly, making him dangerous to fight against with the correct knowledge. I mained him day one the game came out and I'm not stopping. Plus, he fits my playstyle the most.

:4lucina:Waifu. I can also use Marth, but more of an extent in Brawl and Melee than in Sm4sh. His Sm4sh iteration is just bad, the frame data he has doesn't help him at all, but even though Lucina is the exact same character (Almost), I seem to do better using her than Marth in this game.

:4zss:The top tier/best waifu. I've had a liking to Samus since Brawl as a child. I was never really good with Power Suit Samus, but with ZSS, I could know how to play her. Her punish game, accuracy and aerial game is one of the best things that I love about her besides her speed. She requires a ton of practice to learn and master, but I am more than willing to do that for the waifu and because she's badass lol.

Last edited:

Direspect only!

Smash Apprentice
Pacman- one of the few games I've actually played. The dude has potential, strong trap game, goo aerial mobility, and stage control. Has several moves that require little to no commitment. The dude also is pretty stylish, very tech oriented and can be played many different ways. A very diverse and we'll thought out character.

Wario- Again high aerial mobility, can dance around you to pressure, great punish game, solid mixups, and an oddball overall to fight. His unorthodox fighting style gives people match up trouble if they don't know how to fight him. Alternatively, he's one of the few characters who has to fight every match up differently. He's also a heavy weight, and surprisingly strong. Overall fun to use.

Fox- A top tier, which is cool, his speed and need for precision makes for a very intense fight for both sides. On one side, you need to be always within punish range, and constantly switching playstyles to open up your opponent. Finding ways around their disjoints, super armor and projectiles. All the while the oppoment is trying to keep you out. Playing fox reminds me of a game of cat and mouse you watch the opponent desperately trying to escape, mean while fox is always just around the corner. Waiting patiently for your nerves and habits to force a mistake. He's terrifying to fight and rightly so. He's a blast to use though because even though he is powerful he has some glaring weaknesses, and if you can't adapt to both the person and the character it's gg's.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I wish it was :4samus:, but unlike her game where she fires barrages of missiles, runs at supersonic speeds, can wall climb and power through hordes of enemies with screw attack.

In smash.... she's a slow moving, slow falling (even in 700+lbs power suit armor), missile and Zair camper that ruins the entire character for me.

:4zss:Is what :4samus: was meant to be, she's fast, projectile heavy and very powerful. (I'm also a huge martial arts fan and ZSS's animations are kickass.)

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Well, IRL, your fall speed is dictated by your air resistance, not your weight, so that doesn't matter.
Incorrect, a bit sorry to break your bubble here, I decided to run the math so that you don't keep following that lie.

Air resistance is determined by your surface area that it comes in contact with, gravity is a force, an active force applies an acceleration in the same direction as the active force itself, the falling object will naturally seek equilibrium once energy is no longer given to it, in this case freefalling is a form or energy release, the energy that carried the object higher in the gravity well is the one being released and transformed into momentum.

The gravity force applied on Samus is directly proportional to her weight (judging by the power suit assuming a titanium alloy material) the suit itself should be well in between 600lbs to 900lbs, Samus herself is 198lbs. Assuming minimum armour weight shes at about 798lbs[362kg] in total. This also means 798lbs-force on planet earth which is [3550N].

Doing a bit of geometry based on her actual height 6'3'', her surface area that the air comes on contact with when falling on her legs should be about 1.75ft^2, at 20 °C and 101.325 kPa, dry air has a density of about 1.2kg/m^3 [0.075lb/ft^3]

Based on the roundish features of the suit Drag coefficient is ~0.45, plug that **** all in our sexy formula for terminal velocity and Samus should be falling at ~570MPH once she achieves equilibrium with the drag force of air. To compare to a normal skydiver, the average human terminal velocity should be about 180MPH, which isn't even half of Samus'.

:4samus: should in fact be making a bit of a crater when landing xD

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
I was never a big Smash Bros. player, I enjoyed all of the games but when I saw the reveal trailer for :4megaman: I burst with hype. I knew from the end of that trailer that no matter his position on the tier list or in the meta that I was going to main him. Mega Man has been my favorite character ever since I was able to play a video game. I think I was like 3 or 4. I enjoyed every Mega Man game, so much so that the only reason I ever asked for a GameCube was because Network Transmission from the Battle Network series, which is actually my favorite series in the franchise to date along with X, was on it.

Even though it felt sort of similar to playing an actual Mega Man game, I found it difficult to fight against other characters with him. It took me a while but further down the line I was safely able to label him as my BEST character. I think my favorite thing about him in this game are the LEMONS. They're very effective and shutting down most approach options. His Metal Blade is also a lot of fun, especially since it can be tossed in all directions and is really good against airborne enemies. Recovering with him also a breeze because when I use him I think a lot of people find it difficult to edge guard me.

He'll always be my main and if there's another Smash Bros. game, like Snake, he probably will get cut, and I will be really upset. But I'm enjoying him now and like many other people, I've got to say, Nintendo has shown him more love with his feature in this game than Capcom has at all in the last few years...

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I absolutely love :4mario:! He's my favorite video game character of all time and always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling when I play as him in his games and Smash alike. I also just love his play-style in Smash by itself. Applying intense pressure with vicious combos and long strings with his lightning fast frame data is incredibly appealing to me.

As for :4metaknight:. While he's not my main, I love him quite a lot, as well. He's a freaking dimension-traveling knight guy, for Dedede's sake! I honestly just love his crazy play-style, with those super early KOs and great air game. Love dis guy!

reobebo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
luckyguy12
3DS FC
2406-5425-8285
I enjoy playing with my main Roy (Fire Emblem) because he has a lot of potential in him. His flaming sword will burn you. Also, it's one of those characters that are forgotten because they prefer Marth over Roy. If you ever seen Sethlon fighting other players in the tournament, he does a lot of combos, and he plays so great. Since Melee to Sm4sh, he didn't change a lot unlike Marth who went through a lot of changes. He definitely does steal the deal.

I also enjoy my secondary Link. It isn't easy being green, but not with Link. He has been loaded with a lot of tools like sword, shield, bombs, boomerang, and a bow. He is easy to play and fun to beat up with your friends with Link. Also, there are not a lot of Link mains out there, if you ever see one, it is quite charming. The only people I think that main Link are SAUS, Germ, Stro, and many more.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Not only is :4samus: an amazing character with amazing games, but to win with her requires you to be 175% on point. Shes so complex, you cant win spamming, you cant win rolling, and smashes are terrible. When I win with her I know I out skilled and outwitted my opponent. I still have a long time before im tourney ready but its all that hard work you have to put in just to compete that pushes me to constantly practice.

Top Bottom