• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you listen to while playing SSBM?

Roadkill765

Smash Rookie
What's wrong with the in-game music? Whenever I try to listen to other music while playing, I always feel like I'm missing something. I like hearing the sound effects and the battle music while I'm playing. I can't think of any music on any stage that I don't like.

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
I challenge anyone on Cape Breton Island!
What's wrong with the in-game music? Whenever I try to listen to other music while playing, I always feel like I'm missing something. I like hearing the sound effects and the battle music while I'm playing. I can't think of any music on any stage that I don't like.
Objection! Irrelevence!

But to answer your question, it doesn't have the beats that help me play better. I don't need music to play, but it makes the game seem more fun and stuff.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i feel the same way but i know a lot of people who play while listening to music.

I don't know your music tastes but since you play Falco, try listening to happy hardcore or some type of epic electronica. Songs from combo vids are nice also. My opinion.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I most of the time listen to the in game music. It's got a great soundtrack, one of the best out there I have to say!

Otherwise I listen to classical music. (I do most of the time even if I'm not playing the game. XD)

Weed

Smash Lord
I agree with whoever said Techno, it makes the game seem faster if the beat is right, and potentially leads to better playing >_>

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Techno? Infected Mushrooms is the way to go (if that even counts as techno; they're weird). That's hot.

Back on topic, I think any hard rock, techno, trance, metal, or even hip-hop is great. But I think the beat is more important, the rhythm.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Ah, I listen to hardcore/metal usually when I play smash.
Putting an Ozzy Osbourne or Lamb of God CD in the stereo when i play gets me psyched up.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I listen to LOTS of music from anime songs to video game soundtracks, classical music, OCremixes, the Rocky soundtrack...

my top pick is Sonata Arctica though, but they are my favorite band, so I'm biased.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I could have sworn I saw a thread like this a long time ago.

Anyways, I listen to lots of Tool, mix cd's, or sometimes the radio.

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
I remember listening to the new Smashing Pumpkins CD "Zeitgeist" and Prodigy because Prodigy is awesome fighting music

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Daft Punk, Megaman music, Street Fighter music, streets of rage 2 music, basshunter, pretty much anything technoish/electronica/dance/hardcore

Charley W

Smash Rookie
Although I haven't tried it with smash, Queen used to improve my Halo performance. Winning with "We Are the Champions" blasting in the background is a great feeling :)

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I listen to a broad range of stuff. Korn,Daft Punk, System of a Down, Notorious B.I.G., Lil Wayne, Tool, and Disturbed are my favs though.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
i usually listen to the songs from all the combo videos, i made a playlist on itunes with all of them and i just let it play, it usually allows me to play better since it gets me hyped, that and blazing are the two things that usually make me play better

Farca

Smash Cadet
Metal if any

I usually just like hearing the sounds from Melee. But when I do play music, I will blast Metal. Really gets me pumped when playing any game. Hell it gets me pumped when I'm just listening to it. Well anyways, any metal should be good.

Top Bottom