• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you LIKE about the character roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
With all the negativity I am hearing since we found out the roster is final, I wanted to put that aside and focus on what people do like about it. I mean when you think about it, it really is a good roster. It has 49 characters and maybe more will be added eventually. We also have a lot of exciting newcomers on the way such as Bowser Jr, Rosalina, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Pac-man, etc.

So what are some of the things you guys are liking about the roster?

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I like pretty much everything but Dark Pit.

Ridley DLC would complete it for me. Solid 50 characters too.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I think DHD and the Koopa kids look a lot more fun and hype than I would have imagined. Both were characters I really had zero interest in but were executed very well, especially the Koopas. I like that he put them in the clown car and let you pick from the classic 7, gives them their proper name and all. Awesome touches there. Basically, all of the newcomers besides D.Pitt and Lucina (unnecessary KI:U fluff and unnecessary FE fluff), and the ugly return of Dr.Mario, are all exciting and look great. I think besides the wonder clones, the main problem by far is who is *not* here as opposed to who *is*.

majora_787

Smash Hero
All things considered, I only 'dislike' Dark Pit. At worst I don't particularly care about Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, or Dr. Mario, but everything else I'm interested in as far as characters go. Especially when customization gets involved.

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
I like the roster very much as-is, even with the clones and the like. Take those out, and you still have 48 (this is including the Miis) varied and interesting movesets all to play with.

It's easily the most exciting roster from a gameplay standpoint, I'd say, and I can't wait to have the game for myself.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I liked Mega Man and Villager as the should "have been in Brawl" characters, Pac-Man was a great choice despite beign super predictable, and Greninja is the best starter Pokemon ever, Duck Hunt came out of nowhere, Dr. Mario was the best cut Melee character, and Bowser Jr. is cool because New Super Mario Bros. was one of my first DS games.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I like everything INCLUDING Dark Pit. :awesome:
To me the unlockable veterans are kinda meh. I would've preferred all veterans be starters and only newcomers were unlockable. It is what it is though.
Jigglypuff, while not exactly breaking any walls in Fairy Type innovation, looks pretty damn cute as other people have mentioned. Good enough.
I would be more positive if Ice Climbers and Lucas were there. :crying: Rest in peace, good friends. You will be greatly missed, and never forgotten.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Newcomer wise?

Duck Hunt Dog
Pac-Man
Koopalings
I guess Bowser Jr by association!
Villager
Little Mac
Robin

Veteran wise?
With the exception of Falco, I'm happy with everyone. Would cut Falco happily for Wolf if I'm honest, but I won't miss the other cuts.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
overall i like all the choices

the onlt thing that even slightly bothers me is jr's koopaling alts and im not 100% happy about the doc either but like i said overall its a good line up

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm pretty much happy and satisfied with roster since I've already have most of wanted ones which include:

- Megaman
- Little Mac
- Greninja
- Palutena
- Lucina
- Robin
- Shulk
- Duck Hunt

The other newcomers are still impressive though.

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
Aside from Lucina, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Toon Link I'm completely content with most of the roster.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Well I like:
  • Mega Man
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Little Mac
  • Greninja
  • Pac-Man
  • Robin
  • Shulk
  • Duck Hunt Dog
  • Jigglypuff getting an updated design that matches her design from the actual Pokemon games, now being more expressive and lively. Also, I like her buffs.
  • The return of my favorite video game character, Sonic the Hedgehog.
  • The amount of veterans that did return.

Chase

Smash Ace
:4megaman:, :4wiifit:,:4villager:,:4shulk:,:4robinm:,:4greninja:,:4pacman:, :4mii:, :4littlemac:, Bowser Jr., Doc, and Duck Hunt Dog. Palutena and the true clones can go rot in next-game trophy oblivion.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Pretty much everything except Dark Pit for me as well. The loss of Lucas and the ICs are particularly salty, too.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm excited for most of the newcomers, especially Villager, Pac-Man, and Bowser Jr. Newcomers are always my favorite thing about the next Smash installment.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I like everything expect for Wolf, Lucas and RIdley absence
I'd like Lucina more if she had her own final Smash
And I'd like Dark Pit More if was what he should, a Pit Alt.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I like all of the characters included except for the overabundance of Kid Icarus. Doctor Mario is a bad choice and should have just been an alternate costume, too. Doctor Mario (and Dark Pit) are the very definition of an alternate costume.

More specifically I'm most excited for Villager, Lucina, Robin, and maybe Shulk. There are a multitude of other newcomers that are interesting in their own way, as well. DHD wasn't a terrible choice.

Overall, I'd say the worst part of this roster is what it lacks, instead of what it contains. If Isaac and Mewtwo somehow make it playable somewhere down the line, I would be perfectly content on a personal level.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Everything about it, sure, there are a few duds like Lucina, Ganondorf, and Dark Pit. But at least we have different playstyles from them, and Dr. Mario returning, Little Mac, Bowser Jr, and Mega Man being Newcomers, alongside a stellar veteran selection and awesome out of nowhere choices like Duck Hunt Dog and Wii Fit Trainer equal the best roster Smash has ever had!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Veterans I'm happy to have:
Peach
Dr. Mario
Yoshi
Zelda
Toon Link
Pit
R.O.B.
Kirby
Meta Knight
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch

Newcomers I'm happy to have:
Villager
Mega Man
Little Mac
Mii Fighters
Pac-Man
Koopalings
Duck Hunt Dog

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Most of it.

There are some character choices and exclusions I find questionable, but as a whole I think it's a really good roster.

Also, :4robinm:

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
My favorite thing about the roster is that Zelda and Sheik were split. I'm also really happy to see the Koopalings. I don't like Bowser Jr. very much, but I love the Koopalings. If this is the only way they could be playable, then I welcome it.

Evereything tbh. Even the clones because I know they didnt replace anyone like mewtwo. I predicted lucas being cut a year ago so im not mad. Honestly the roster is about 2 characters from my dream roster and I cant wait to play in less than a month

AlMasterX

Smash Rookie
Personally, I'm SO hyped for Shulk, Robin, and Villager. I've grown up playing Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem with friends and family and they've always been my favorite. I finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 months ago making it my favorite Wii title for sure. Such a good game. I didn't see Shulk coming at all, but now I can see why they added him. I kind of saw Robin coming, well I knew some kind of FE13 character would make it, wasn't exactly sure who. Any other FE fans in here?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Everything awsome. But is I don't like by Lucina being a clone, Dark Pit a wasted of potential and overhaul the Kid Icarus overpresentation and Dr. Mario, HE. SHOULD. NOT. THERE. Is the biggest insult I see for the overated mewtwos. Soo many fans and you clearly say F$%# you to every single one of them. Not cool Sakurai, not cool.
Im really want to use Duck Hunt so bad. And my R.O.B. and Olimar are back, with those guys around am already ok with the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom