• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate most about YoungLink?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, the key to being good is downplaying your character's weaknesses as much as you emphasize your character's strengths.

tobg

Smash Cadet
hate more shminkle?

i really hate the uair lag especially, its a pretty good move but the lag makes it really difficult to use and im terrible at dair from below so it just leaves me with very few options when someone is above me.

Laijin

Smash Hero
u-air lag? the only bad part about u-air that I know of is the fact that you can only hit them once before you have to land to hit them again..unless thats what you mean about it's lag.

d-air is almost gaurenteed to hit against n00bs on the ground and everybody who is not Marth who tries to u-air in the air while your falling.

u-air should be your #1 move when they are above you and they are not using Marth(Marth's range is pure chessiness. wth were they thinking when they made him?)

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
Theres nothing wrong with y. link in my opinion its just matchups against fox/falcos....

I have an extremly hard time fighting fox/falco. When I hit them they go no where. They can ground cancel and immediently shine after I hit them. sure I have projectiles but they are overall faster then young link and falcos lazers completly stop most of them. But hey thats why fox/falco are top tier and ylink is not. Hes not my main but I can play him pretty good if you have seen my videos.

Chinkku397

Smash Rookie
Theres nothing wrong with y. link in my opinion its just matchups against fox/falcos....

I have an extremly hard time fighting fox/falco. When I hit them they go no where. They can ground cancel and immediently shine after I hit them. sure I have projectiles but they are overall faster then young link and falcos lazers completly stop most of them. But hey thats why fox/falco are top tier and ylink is not. Hes not my main but I can play him pretty good if you have seen my videos.
I agree. But that's because Young Link's attacks don't give much punch to the opponent. That's what I hate about Young Link.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i hate young links lag upon catching his boomerang as u guys alrdy said and also dislike his up-b well actually i love his up-b it looks flashy when u land the whole thing, but i would love it better if his up-b was a spike like Link's.
i guess thats wat makes them different though. its just a thought

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
The hookshot, and the first part of his side smash are annoying.

Link226

Smash Ace
I also hate that Adult Links moves can go through every move of younglinks. Its just not fair i mean why does that have to happen? Lemme ask everyone a question, if you could choose out of Power, Range and The Spin Spike or Speed which would you pick? Be honest.
Dude....after yesterday you should know this is utter BS.

What i hate about YL is that if he Nairs and so does an adult Link at the same time....and YL is just a tiny but below him he wins. And even tho it looks like Adult Link just kicked his face...he leaves without a mark.

Jash

Smash Lord
Not exactly, every time i did that i got hit, we have videos to prove that. Maybe i didn't get hit as hard as you did but i got hit. And yes Links range over powers Young Links, its pretty self explanatory, his sword and foot is bigger then Young Links. This shouldn't be too hard to figure out 4eyez.

turner

Smash Cadet
umm i think i spiked a ganondorf with his up B it was weird

also

and also i was getting wave reflector'd (yes it sounds crap but i refuse to say shined) anyway the fox couldn't keep it up cos y link kept bouncing around like crazy i may have been on some high damage i cant remember but i laughed my a$$ off then daired him :D

I

i8waffles612

I play as Adult Link, but i just dont know why Young Link can walljump and and Adult Link cant.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Its really quite obvious Y link is much more spry in his steps then the clunkier link :chuckle:

I hate how when i pick Y Link people stare at me like i made a mistake haha

Chip.

you know what to do
I play as Adult Link, but i just dont know why Young Link can walljump and and Adult Link cant.
Because Link is fat and needs to lose some weight :p

I hate how when i pick Y Link people stare at me like i made a mistake haha
Tru Dat, it's one of the downfalls with picking a sucky charachter whom is actually good if you learn to give him a chance.

Jash

Smash Lord
Because Link is fat and needs to lose some weight :p.

Its very true, Link is mad fat. How do you explain him surviving at high % and his fast fall, his come back....well you get my point. I thought i was the only person who thought Link was fat....this is why Chip is cool.

Link226

Smash Ace
Not exactly, every time i did that i got hit, we have videos to prove that. Maybe i didn't get hit as hard as you did but i got hit. And yes Links range over powers Young Links, its pretty self explanatory, his sword and foot is bigger then Young Links. This shouldn't be too hard to figure out 4eyez.
You kinda proved my point, Links moves do not ''go through'' all of Y.Links moves. And u kno u didnt get hit everytime, like I said that is utter BS. Yesterday was even more proof, in that one match in Battlefield we kept Nairing at the end and yours kept on going through. Some you got hit and some you didnt, thats when K.D was like ''He Naired your last life to death" lol. Then he was saying to me your Nair kept ****ing my Nair up. And your ****ing Dair went through my Uair.....that **** was broken.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I hate Ylink because of his taunt. It takes too long, and whats the point of drinking milk? if i was in the heat of battle i'd get some powerade or something.

I

i8waffles612

Saying Link is Fat is like saying Wario is Skinny... Ridiculous

Giggidax

Smash Ace
lol waffles, well if Link isnt fat, explain why he is so heavy O_O

but jesiah if u hate ylink's taunt so bad because its long, throw the boomerang and then taunt. u can get 1 maybe 2 gulps of milk before u catch the boomerang and end the taunt animation :D i always try and go for the 2 gulps but the boomerang doesnt go far enuff.

Chip.

you know what to do
Saying Link is Fat is like saying Wario is Skinny... Ridiculous

Well, Link was a lot skinnier when he was a kid (aka Young Link)...

... and Brawl Link went to the gym..

But melee Link is just fat, or at least large/ bulky/ and is a big target.... XD

>_>...<_<...Uhh, sorry to get off topic people.

I

i8waffles612

Does drinking the milk make your health better or something??

And the reason he is heavier in Melee is because people get bigger when growing up

Giggidax

Smash Ace
drinking milk makes for healthy and strong bones! essential for growing youth like Ylink.

but nah it doesnt affect ur % in melee at all my friend told me it did. and then i got the game and figured out he lied lol

thats another thing i hate about ylink, his milk doesnt help his damage at all. back in the day i remember Lon Lon Milk healed u for 3 hearts!

Chip.

you know what to do
GOT MILK!!!!???

:)

If Young Link had a broken spin attack like his older counter part, then that would make Young Link undoubtably one of the best charachters in the game...tee hee.

TGM

Smash Lord
he is too light, his recovery is mega easy to edge guard, he screams like a little girl, hes low tier,he cant do tgm combos and the fact that i want to get good with him, but cant.

TGM

Smash Lord
Everyone has their own little playing style and i guess yours is not with Young Link.
yea you are right. i spent the 6 years this game has been out on only marth.....i regret that now cause this game has a max life of one more year and i dont have time to get godly with Ylink. so me sad.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I hate the fact that his taunt doesn't heal some miniscule amount of damage.

I hate his hookshot.

I hate the fact that his Fire spike hitbox is so **** small.

Chip.

you know what to do
The only thing I hate about YL is that you can DI out of his up-b. Other then that he is a little pimp.
You can't if you're at low percents, which is why it is good to do at the beginning of the battle to perhaps start a combo up at like the first 50% of their life with it if you can hit them.

Jash

Smash Lord
You can't if you're at low percents, which is why it is good to do at the beginning of the battle to perhaps start a combo up at like the first 50% of their life with it if you can hit them.
False Chip, i fight Roy and do that in the beginning of battle and they somehow DI away from it. Maybe you have some way of doing it so i wont really call it false but......it does not work for me unless the person is not good at DI.

Top Bottom