• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate most about YoungLink?

Jash

Smash Lord
I had to make this thread, because there is one thing that just gets me mad about young link. His range on his hook shot is kinda glitchy and if the hook touches the person....they don't get grabbed. This leaves you open and it makes me angry.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I hate the fact that I need a different style to use him. I love Young Link and his movement feels good, but I've always liked having to be in the fray and doing some nasty combos and rack up damage. Y link gets ***** that way, hence the projectiles :p

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I hate that they made his Fire Spike so difficult to use. It would've been nice if his down-air was a natural spike all the time.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Young Link is nothing like Marth.

What I hate most about YLink? Too much lag on bombs, grab, uair, and the fact that he can't compete with an equally good falco or sheik.

Chip.

you know what to do
I hate that they made his Fire Spike so difficult to use. It would've been nice if his down-air was a natural spike all the time.

My biggest gripe with Young Link would also have to be the fact that he doesn't have a reliable fire spike. It was a neat idea, but obviously it isn't nearly as good as other char.'s dair spikes(Marth,Falco, Samus,etc.). I still find it useful in some cases though, like doing a dair combo and luckily my hilt will strike my enemy.

Chip.

you know what to do
I hate that he can be killed at low percent.

Young Link's weight doesn't really tick me off that badly because It's natural that he's a lightweight. He's like 10 years old and probably has diareah so he had to be a light charachter no matter what. The fire spike was made by the creaters of the game and was not relevent to anything in the Zelda franchise, which is why the fire spike could've been changed to 100% gaurantee spike.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I hate that even if you do get a good spike, you will not bounce up always, so you will die along with them, although I did notice that pros are not that relient on spikes for edgeguarding, I used to think they were godly, but I realized that it just looks fancy, and is a good killer on those who can make it back after 20+ B-airs (C. Falcon)

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
It's harder to KO with Young Link, but as far as his placement in teir is concerned, his KO potential is good.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Yeah just learned that recently, though it's more like 65 on good DI, but yeah it's really gay. Note how I said he can be killed at low percent -__-

Eggz

Smash Hero
My biggest gripe with Young Link would also have to be the fact that he doesn't have a reliable fire spike. It was a neat idea, but obviously it isn't nearly as good as other char.'s dair spikes(Marth,Falco, Samus,etc.). I still find it useful in some cases though, like doing a dair combo and luckily my hilt will strike my enemy.

Yeah, Young Link should have a fiery spike like all the other characters that have fiery spikes (which is quite obviously every single one)

DLK

Smash Apprentice
Chicago- IM if u live near chicago always looking
You guys are touching all the facts that make him low tier. He is there for a reason. Im not hating him but he is light yes he young already said and alot of him moves are glitchy. But he is made for fun not for winning tournies. Sry to be bearer.

Chip.

you know what to do
Yeah, Young Link should have a fiery spike like all the other characters that have fiery spikes (which is quite obviously every single one)
I don't get it. I made sure to specify that some other charachters have dair spikes not fire spikes. Also I didn't say that everyone had a dair spike, I just mentioned a few that did...:ohwell:

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah you implied others have fiery spikes. Just pointing out some minor grammatical humor mate, nothing to get defensive over.

And why are people *****ing about people *****ing about YL? That's like all hes good for, johning about.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Actually you can time it pretty good if you try, Buzz can always do it before his opponent recovers.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Actually you can time it pretty good if you try, Buzz can always do it before his opponent recovers.
You just have to know when you're opponent cannot make it back and start it ASAP. I've paid my fair share of penalties of miscalculating when the opponent will make it back. As a result, I'm now quite good at it. ^_^

Chip.

you know what to do
You just have to know when you're opponent cannot make it back and start it ASAP. I've paid my fair share of penalties of miscalculating when the opponent will make it back. As a result, I'm now quite good at it. ^_^
I guess that could be something to be proud of :).

Jash

Smash Lord
I also hate that Adult Links moves can go through every move of younglinks. Its just not fair i mean why does that have to happen? Lemme ask everyone a question, if you could choose out of Power, Range and The Spin Spike or Speed which would you pick? Be honest.

Chip.

you know what to do
It was totally a stupid idea to give Young Link a small hookshot. I mean for not having a good range with all of his other attacks, they shoud've given him a decent hookshot that was the same length as adult Link. But it's still better than nothing.

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Aww come on guys, Y. link already has enough to worry about without you reminding him... er I mean us. Because Y. Link isn't a real life person (although it would be cool if he was) Why can't we all look at the bright side? Why must you hate? (although his weight does annoy me a bit (after getting f-smashed to death for like the 8 bazillionth time)) Let's look at his positives: like he has, hands down, the best projectile game in SSBM.

FFIV

Smash Cadet
I hate his F-smash's first hit. It's useless. I also hate how his projectiles never go as far as you need them to.

Chip.

you know what to do
Aww come on guys, Y. link already has enough to worry about without you reminding him... er I mean us. Because Y. Link isn't a real life person (although it would be cool if he was) Why can't we all look at the bright side? Why must you hate? (although his weight does annoy me a bit (after getting f-smashed to death for like the 8 bazillionth time)) Let's look at his positives: like he has, hands down, the best projectile game in SSBM.
Yeah, your right. I choose to stay with Y.Link because I think that he's good.

Although many would argue that Falco would be the better spammer, I agree with you on that too.

Y.Link has more good than bad.

Jash

Smash Lord
Yeah, your right. I choose to stay with Y.Link because I think that he's good.

Although many would argue that Falco would be the better spammer, I agree with you on that too.

Y.Link has more good than bad.
I think we all know this, but they are just somethings of younglink that are just irritating. I did this thread to find out what are some of the annoyance that people have with young link, not to say he suks.

Top Bottom