• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys/gals like about Bowser the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-XG-

Smash Rookie
I'm not so much of a Bowser guy myself, having only played him the nessecary (spelling err...) times to get his trophies and records in the BTT and HRC. I still would like to know what draws other people to play him in competitive play.

Maybe I'll try him out if I see some things I like. :grin:

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I like bowser because its an instant win for Marth...Unless your playing Gimpy, in which it may be 1.) harder for me to win 2.) I may actually lose 3.) The most probable outcome, I will get pwned horribly

But honestly, I've never played an amazing bowser, and i really wanna play gimpy to see waht it's like to get pwned by bowser. I think the coolest thing about bowser would be defeating a marth with bowser.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I like boozer because he is the sexiest character in melee, i think gimpy would agree

i mean of course obviously besides comboing, broken-ness, top tier material moves

really easy

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
because he is JUST ADORABLE!

he is by far the cutest character in the game just look at the big guy

awwwwww ^_^

threads like these SHOULD be closed, but i'll leave it for a while

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Because it's fun to make a fat sack of lard like Bowser look fast and flashy lol. He's quite a powerful character and it's fun to annoy people with up B out of shield. Plus KOing people with edgehopped klaw is just sexy.

I mean...

uh...

Because he's so darn cute! ^_^

-XG-

Smash Rookie
because he is JUST ADORABLE!

he is by far the cutest character in the game just look at the big guy

awwwwww ^_^

threads like these SHOULD be closed, but i'll leave it for a while
Heh, glad you left it to be open because I was quite serious when I made this thread. I ACTAULLY want stuff like:

-What his good moves are
-Who he's good against
-How long he takes to master
-And REALLY what was going on in people's minds when they said "Hey yeah, I think I'll use Bowser".

I mean we all know Bowser's cute.
:laugh:

Undefined

Smash Apprentice
Heh, glad you left it to be open because I was quite serious when I made this thread. I ACTAULLY want stuff like:

-What his good moves are
upb
-Who he's good against
no one.
15 secs.
-And REALLY what was going on in people's minds when they said "Hey yeah, I think I'll use Bowser".
i cant win, so i might as well go low tier.

I mean we all know Bowser's cute.
:laugh:
bowser is fugly as hellz

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master

-What his good moves are
Up B (on the ground), Side B, nair, fair, bair, grab (lol)

-Who he's good against
Not completely sure, but he seems to give Ganon and CF a hard time.

Not very long, his strategy isn't super advanced or anything.

Well, Bowser's large, slow, and NOBODY around here plays him. So I decided to pick him up and maybe make Bowser look good. He can be fast when in the right hands. I like to use him because it's a really powerful character and he's not very easy to kill. It's fun when people say "Wow, never heard the game cheer for Bowser before." Or go to a smashfest and someone yells out "I hear Bowser...who's using Bowser?!" then later, "and winning?"

Undefined

Smash Apprentice

-What his good moves are
Up B (on the ground), Side B, nair, fair, bair, grab (lol)
ok, lol. those are all awful except upb.

-Who he's good against
Not completely sure, but he seems to give Ganon and CF a hard time.
ROFL. HE GETS RAAAAAAPPPEEEEEDDDDDDD BY THOSE 2.

Not very long, his strategy isn't super advanced or anything.
tru

Well, Bowser's large, slow, and NOBODY around here plays him. So I decided to pick him up and maybe make Bowser look good. He can be fast when in the right hands. I like to use him because it's a really powerful character and he's not very easy to kill. It's fun when people say "Wow, never heard the game cheer for Bowser before." Or go to a smashfest and someone yells out "I hear Bowser...who's using Bowser?!" then later, "and winning?"
1. bowser cannot be fast
2. if you are beating people with bowser, you need to find new opponents.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol you nublet, you're just not good at playing Bowser. :) I don't find CF and Ganon to be difficult at all.

What's so bad about fair, bair, nair, and side B?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Undefined also made a thread called sup b boy playaz so what he says is pretty much irrelevant...

Look boozer is hard to describe since he has one redeeming move (the Up B) and he is slow.

However just good spacing and a general knowledge of the game can help make you a good opponent...

You don't have to think you suck or can't win to play boozer i do well in local tournies and you know what there are some decent kids and i do alright do i win with boozer, not through but i have a decent secondary to get me through the tough times.

In Essence i like boozer because he is the character i wanted to play and still do

PLUS HE IS SO CUTE

Undefined

Smash Apprentice
cfalcon can combo bowser 0-death

ganon can outspace anything bowser does w/ fair.

GG.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Who CAN'T combo Bowser 0-death? Oh and there's this awesome technique called DI that allows you to escape combos. You should try it. ;)

That doesn't make Ganon invincible. Fortress out of shield mmkay? (Sheild prevents you from getting faired, OMFG.) Don't walk into Ganon's fair kthx. Why would you even try to trade hits with Ganon? That's just suicidal. Spacing is very important.

GG.
Yeah, maybe you can actually win next time. :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha undefined if you hate boozer so much what are you doing here, your obviously not that good if your spewing all this stuff

Learn to play kid

Undefined

Smash Apprentice
Who CAN'T combo Bowser 0-death? Oh and there's this awesome technique called DI that allows you to escape combos. You should try it. ;)
like i said, cfalcon can 0-death bowser. (THIS INCLUDES DI, DUR)

That doesn't make Ganon invincible. Fortress out of shield mmkay? (Sheild prevents you from getting faired, OMFG.) Don't walk into Ganon's fair kthx. Why would you even try to trade hits with Ganon? That's just suicidal. Spacing is very important.
fortress wont hit ganon if he spaces fair. he can outspace you. its a **** matchup.

gg. learn your own character.

yo gimpy u may not liek my styule of posting but at least i say facts rather than this "bowser can do it!" bs.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think a certain very serious Bowser player is going to hand out warnings soon.

Anyway, as far as I know, Bowser excels at two things:
Edgeguarding and mindgames.
His attacks with great knockback let you easily get an opponent off the edge, where they are helplessly subjected to his firebreath, his semi-spike bair or just a simple fair. Or of course, the good old forward smash against someone who fails to sweetspot the ledge.
It's hard to even get hits in with Bowser, but he has a few fast attacks here and there and a bunch of options that let you surprise enemies. And once you do get a a hit in, it's often devastating. Against fast-fallers, you could just combo with up and down-smashes, and the up-tilt actually has a pretty low start-up time and lots of power...
It's all about getting your opponents where they are vulnerable and then hitting hard, I guess.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
i might start warning you at some point
Are you speaking to me at this point? I'm sorry i really don;t take kindly to a kid that doesn't say anything helpful but things he can constantly spit out how a character sucks and tells people to pick a new character. Plus the fact that he think's he's consistently right when he hasn't even said anything close to a completed and defended fact idk i just find him trite and annoying.

I'll just ignore him for ya gimpy :)

Edit: Fawriel speaks the truth on edgeguarding bowser has more or less the best edgeguarding game save marth.

Undefined

Smash Apprentice
Fact: You cannot say a character is good because of "mindgames". Every character has that.
Fact: Cfalcon can 0-death bowser.
Fact: Ganon can outspace, and thus **** bowser.

im sorry if u dont even know these things about YOUR OWN CHARCTER, then wtf do you do when u play smash???? giant melee?????? rofl.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Fact: Out of Shield Up-B ***** ganon hitting him up and then shffl a Fair off the ledge and edgeguard him with your F-tilt thats a stock right there. By shielding the ganon then immediately going into the fortress you can knock him up in the air before he can recover its not that hard, i've faced decent ganons and i've been beaten and beat them. He has the spacing advantage but you can fortress them and if you get a ganon off the ledge he's not coming back

Fact: Boozer has the fortress

Fact: Bowser pretty much has the best edgeguarding game in SSBM meaning if you get someone off the ledge, more then likely their not coming back

Fact: Cfalcon can 0-death a lot of characters get over it, just fortress out of your shield and stop it before it happens

Fact: I'm done arguing with you if you have pre-conceived notions that you know this character inside and out congrats kiddo :)

-XG-

Smash Rookie
KevinM, 56k...thank you for the information and tips. I'm glad some people around here are willing to give out actual strategy and tips rather than completely fabricated and/or one sided "facts"

Gimpy, if you would please close this thread I would be very grateful to you. I don't want to see more arguing. I deal with it enough on the site I mod at as it is. =/

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i was talkin to 5150, the guy who ruins all the threads and should be warned so he loses like 8 more accounts lol

*bowser fsmash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom