• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do YOU do when you grab someone?

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
As you probably already know, ICs have awesome grabs cause there's two of them, making them have huge combo power. What do you do once you grab somebody?

I usually do either a dthrow to a Dair with Nana to another grab
or a down+B to downthrow to dsmash.
Every once in a while I try to do an infinite. (wobbling)

What stuff do you do when you grab someone?

(discuss)

pdk

Smash Lord
this topic can be turned into an exciting drinking game, just take a shot every time someone mentions wobbling

cemo

white walker
I kill them. I kill them dead.
If it's not an important match I try to come up with cool stuff on the spot. It doesn't usually work very well.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
if they're at 120%+ish, i wobble em a lil bit to make sure i'll kill em, and ill smash them out of a throw.

if they're under 120%, i go straight to wobbling to make sure I can get them.

if I grab them with a running dash, I "reset" first, then wobble.

If I mess up the wobble timing, i reset then wobble.

____

I'm glad I dont drink (yet), cause this would be a painful topic.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
there are a couple of different wobbles out there. Usually its where you just grab with popo, make him headbutt, then during the headbutt animation gently tilt the control stick forwards and press A again to make nana do an ftilt. If you have good rhythm, the enemy is stuck in the stun and you can do it until you you're satisfied :p There are some vriations with dtilt and stuff, and theres probably more too that i dont know yet. But i dont like to use wobbling in excess in real battles. It just seems a little unfair to use more than twice a match ;)

and are you guys the same? odd..

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
I try to keep it to twice a match if i NEED to use it... and i like to use the dtilt, if you accidentally throw... you might be able to dair chain back into the grab...

Smash Master
F-tilt Wobble. If I screw up, I d-throw to dair to grab and Wobble again. I like to d-throw with Popo, fair spike with Nana, d-smash with Popo for a flashy KO off a grab.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
I have a question... What do you do when you grab someone, with popo solo (or nana really far away)...

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
I have a question... What do you do when you grab someone, with popo solo (or nana really far away)...
If they're at low %s, I Dthrow to Dsmash to tech chase to WaveDsmash.

If they're floaty or high %s, I do down or upthrows + Bair.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I always do the headbut, down b, headbut, throwdown/downsmash combo.

If I feel like pissing my friends off, I'll throw a wobble in there before the downsmash.

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
Wobbles ftw :p

Seriously, you rock at ICs. thanks for inspiring me to play them along with chu dat. :)
Same here. Wobbles is an inspiration to all of us.
After watching one match and one combo vid, I was fully inspired to try and main with ICs. And it's all thanks to Wobbles, Chudat, and Nealdt. And the Internet.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Headbutt and Fsmash for the win. My friends can't stand it because they watch their damage sky-rocket then they die without a fight.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
Headbutt and Fsmash for the win. My friends can't stand it because they watch their damage sky-rocket then they die without a fight.
Lol, same here. One time I had a match against my friends' Link, where he tried to grab me, I wavedashed back to dodge, and wavedashed forward again and wobbled him to 200%. Finished with a downthrow+fsmash, and he was dead. Did basically the same thing for the rest of his lives, except at the end he got smart and stopped trying to grab me... :chuckle: Oh well. Yeah, I think ICs have the best grabs in the game when both are together.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
just to make you drink more im gonna say wobble
I love Wobbling. I played with ten absolute noobs today, and wobbled each succesfly for one stock...before I felt sympathetic for wobbling. In the end, wobbling is fun when doing it, but a real pain when you receive it. The wobbling, that is.

....Wobbling FTW!

Top Bottom