• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do think the dlc pack will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
People just won't let ICs lie. Maybe in the next game they'll return.

Also, pack? Where are we getting the idea of DLC packs? If we do, though, Melee and Brawl-oriented ones that complete the roster would be nice.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
People just won't let ICs lie. Maybe in the next game they'll return.

Also, pack? Where are we getting the idea of DLC packs? If we do, though, Melee and Brawl-oriented ones that complete the roster would be nice.
In the case dlc is coming, packs would be more efficient then buying every single character stage and costume alone. Also mk8 has a pack system so I got the idea from that

Last edited:

Metaboss

Smash Rookie
I don't think packs will happen I think you'll just have to buy everything separately.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I personally see free downloads with minor content like just a stage and some trophies. I can see them doing that in the future to help promote games that are coming out. (Prays BD music will get in some day).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
64 Pack: Extra skins for Mario, Luigi, Link, Samus, DK, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Ness and Yoshi
Stages included Hyrule Castle, Dreamland and Mushroom Kingdom

Melee Pack:Extra skins for Peach, Zelda, Bowser, Ganondorf, Falco and Marth
Stages Included Big Blue, Fountain of Dreams and Kongo Jungle

Brawl Pack:Extra skins for Olimar, Diddy, ZSS, Lucario, Toon Link, Wario, Pit, Charizard and Ike
Stages included are Mario Bros. and Special Arena Stages from SSE

Special Pack Release for Fall of 2015
Characters included are Mewtwo, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and newcomer Impa.
Stages are Ylisse Castle(FE), Icicle Mountain(IC), Frozen Jungle(Donkey Kong) and Olympic Stadium(Sonic/Mario)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I believe we may be getting ahead of ourselves, but I'll bite.

I'd like to think Mewtwo will be joined by a couple other characters.

----
The best case scenario:

Trinity of Evil pack:
Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Wolf.

stages: Bowser's Castle, Gang-Plank Galleon.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, not sure why people think the Ice Climbers are coming back, as 16 on screen characters seems like too much (8 player matches) and the 3ds still can't handle them. Give it up people, they're gone unless MAYBE they're made as a N3ds character which doesn't seem right.

Me personally, I don't think they should be focusing on old characters (although I DO love Mewtwo). DLC should be to advance the roster, not take it backwards, as most cut characters had a reason to be cut (especially Roy).

For DLC, I'd love to see newcomer packs with K.Rool, Isaac, or even Bayonetta. Costume packs would also be nice, but the idea of getting new Smash Run maps or Smash World boards would be really hype.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, not sure why people think the Ice Climbers are coming back, as 16 on screen characters seems like too much (8 player matches) and the 3ds still can't handle them. Give it up people, they're gone unless MAYBE they're made as a N3ds character which doesn't seem right.
yea. im fine without em but for old mains sake it would be nice. even if it was just popo

the idea of getting new Smash Run maps or Smash World boards would be really hype.

yes........

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think Mewtwo will be the first and stand-alone just because he's the most requested character ever possibly.
At the next E3 maybe they'll announce new proper DLC packs in the vein of Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors, including characters, stages, and much more. But I think Mewtwo is simply late to the party.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I bet there'll be a 'Veterans' pack with :ivysaur::lucas::squirtle::wolf:, since they can probably port a decent amount from Brawl and it won't be too much of an issue. Less likely with :popo: though because of the hardware problems, unless they end up making unequal rosters (and how insane would an 8 man IC smash be? 16 characters may start to cause problems for the WiiU)

Otherwise, I have no idea. Now, I've been thinking about what I'd like...

I think it would be cool if they did packs based on certain franchises, including new characters, costumes, stages, assists, etc. True, this would be a load of packs, but some are set up perfectly for that. As an example, I'd make a "Zelda" pack to include:
  • Promoting Midna and Ghirahim to playable (disabling their ATs, at least when they're being played)
  • Adding Link's Knight outfit, Zelda's dress, and Ganondorf's glorious mane from Hyrule Warriors, along with Outset TL
  • Adding an assist which calls together the 6 Sages from OoT3D
  • Adding SSB64 Hyrule Castle as a stage
  • I guess further decloning of custom moves between the Zelda chars is too much to hope for, but this a list of what I want so there.
I'd easily pay for that. Then, we could also pick franchises we like - for example, I know a lot of people would like a Mario version which makes Daisy, Toad, and Waluigi playable

Oh well, I got my most wanted finally, and they didn't give Ridley too much of a downgrade, so I'm a lot more hyped than I was...

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I'm glad they took the fan feedback into account and are bringing back Mewtwo! As for others characters I honestly don't know. I suppose Dixie Kong would be welcomed, but I'd love another Zelda rep. Possibly Impa or (I'd love) Zant (we could use more villains).

I honestly don't think we'll be seeing Ice Climbers at all. We have a better chance of seeing Wolf and Lucas honestly (doubt it though since some of their moves became customs for Ness/Fox).

Niala

Smash Ace
I would absolutely love to see some DLC packs come in, but I personally doubt it. Even with Mewtwo announced, I have a feeling that's all we're getting. Don't ask me why, it's completely my reasoning is basically intuition.

However, since this is a thread about what I think it would be, I'll state that I expect veterans and newcomers along with stages, in some sort of pack together. Maybe something like a Veterans pack including Snake, Wolf, and Lucas with stages representing their series coming back with them (so New Pork City, Corneria, and Shadow Moses Island [whose name, as an aside, I had to look up.])

Then, months later, a newcomers pack, with something like Dixie, Impa, and Isaac and stages with relevance to their series.

I guess something like this would be a very optimal situation in my opinion, I don't really expect much beyond Mewtwo. But it would be nice.

Oh, and some new costumes would be neato burrito. But that's asking a lot.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
As long as Impa is in one of them, then I'm good.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm predicting a DLC pack featuring remastered Retro stages from Melee and 64 alongside some veterans and a newcomer.

Some of the stages I think will make the cut for DLC are Hyrule Castle, Brinstar Depths. and Poke Floats. I'm thinking Lucas, Wolf, and Snake/Mewtwo for the veterans and K. Rool for a newcomer.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I bet there'll be a 'Veterans' pack with :ivysaur::lucas::squirtle::wolf:, since they can probably port a decent amount from Brawl and it won't be too much of an issue. Less likely with :popo: though because of the hardware problems, unless they end up making unequal rosters (and how insane would an 8 man IC smash be? 16 characters may start to cause problems for the WiiU)

Otherwise, I have no idea. Now, I've been thinking about what I'd like...

I think it would be cool if they did packs based on certain franchises, including new characters, costumes, stages, assists, etc. True, this would be a load of packs, but some are set up perfectly for that. As an example, I'd make a "Zelda" pack to include:
  • Promoting Midna and Ghirahim to playable (disabling their ATs, at least when they're being played)
  • Adding Link's Knight outfit, Zelda's dress, and Ganondorf's glorious mane from Hyrule Warriors, along with Outset TL
  • Adding an assist which calls together the 6 Sages from OoT3D
  • Adding SSB64 Hyrule Castle as a stage
  • I guess further decloning of custom moves between the Zelda chars is too much to hope for, but this a list of what I want so there.
I'd easily pay for that. Then, we could also pick franchises we like - for example, I know a lot of people would like a Mario version which makes Daisy, Toad, and Waluigi playable

Oh well, I got my most wanted finally, and they didn't give Ridley too much of a downgrade, so I'm a lot more hyped than I was...
Calling the 6 sages from OoT should have easily been Zelda's Final Smash. Cutscene type, too.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Lucas and Wolf would return.

For new characters, LoZ hasn't gotten a new rep since melee, so i'd say Impa has a solid shot.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I really wouldn't be expecting any more characters. It's possible they've been working on them and not telling anyone, but they'd have to have already been working on them probably since around a year ago to expect them anytime soon. Which is why Ice climbers is the only real character I can imagine. Stages, items, trophies, and music are more plausible.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
I really wouldn't be expecting any more characters. It's possible they've been working on them and not telling anyone, but they'd have to have already been working on them probably since around a year ago to expect them anytime soon. Which is why Ice climbers is the only real character I can imagine. Stages, items, trophies, and music are more plausible.
That's probably the case. Now that there somewhat done with the game. They can focus the solo task of characters. And I'm sure Nintendo has lot hands on there team so it would take all of Nintendos staff to work on just mewtwo

ferioku

Smash Ace
Nah I expect more characters. There's no way in hell stages and flipping items are more important than characters.

OT: I honestly hope Nintendo give us Isaac, K.Rool and bring Wolf back, Star Fox lacks reps, Golden Sun hasn't been represented what so ever and K.Rool will be a great addition, he will bring more promise than Dixie Kong.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Nah I expect more characters. There's no way in hell stages and flipping items are more important than characters.

OT: I honestly hope Nintendo give us Isaac, K.Rool and bring Wolf back, Star Fox lacks reps, Golden Sun hasn't been represented what so ever and K.Rool will be a great addition, he will bring more promise than Dixie Kong.
I'm not saying they are, I'm just saying that they are probably more practical to make.

In retrospect, I do take back my opinion since it's possible they've been working on these characters for a while and won't announce them until the games they are meant to advertise are in the public conscience.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think Mewtwo is the only character that they have in development at the moment.
They'd be stupid not to do more DLC, but I don't think that Mewtwo will be bundled with anything else.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Honestly, I think Mewtwo is the only character that they have in development at the moment.
They'd be stupid not to do more DLC, but I don't think that Mewtwo will be bundled with anything else.
It make sense that Mewtwo is next it's probably getting Melee cuts out the way first This is how will probably be next
:roymelee:Depending of if two clones is what Sakurai wants.
:pichumelee:I wouldn't mind him back but these two are not as likely I think the Melee cuts are done:icsmelee:
:lucas:Mother is lacking in reps plus Well he is asked for and the change to Ness' final smash
:wolf:More Villains are needed and was more original than:falco:
:popo:Depending on conditions they will come next year for their 30th anniversary :)
:) That's my theory anyway

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Its kind of funny, at this point after all these "leaks", we have literally NO evidence that Sakurai has or ever will consider the Chorus Kids... kind of irrelevant but just saying. If it wasn't for these "leaks" nobody would've probably ever really mentioned them.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Well, I don't think there are any that are as far in development as Mewtwo. I think that there might be others in the earlier stages of development.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Veteran Pack
3 Characters: Snake, Lucas, and Wolf
2 Stages: New Pork City & Shadow Moses
1 Alt: Pichu Alt for Pikachu
8 Additional Color Swaps for Wario, 4 for each costume
Jill, Barbara, and Ray Assist Trophies

New 3DS Registration Gift
1 Character: Ice Climbers
1 Stage: Summit

Newcomer Pack
3 Charscters: Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, and Impa
3 Stages: Rhythm Heaven, 2 other New stages
1 Alt.: Ms. Pac-man for Pac-man
Orange and White Yoshi costumes for Yoshi

We Almost Forgot... Pack
HUGE Golden Sun pack with playable Isaac, Matthew assist trophy, a stage and more.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Veteran Pack
3 Characters: Snake, Lucas, and Wolf
2 Stages: New Pork City & Shadow Moses
1 Alt: Pichu Alt for Pikachu
8 Additional Color Swaps for Wario, 4 for each costume
Jill, Barbara, and Ray Assist Trophies

New 3DS Registration Gift
1 Character: Ice Climbers
1 Stage: Summit

Newcomer Pack
3 Charscters: Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, and Impa
3 Stages: Rhythm Heaven, 2 other New stages
1 Alt.: Ms. Pac-man for Pac-man
Orange and White Yoshi costumes for Yoshi

We Almost Forgot... Pack
HUGE Golden Sun pack with playable Isaac, Matthew assist trophy, a stage and more.
Ugh ..... I want this :'~)

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
First time back on the forums in quite some time, but I'm a fan of speculation and I'll share the characters I'd most like to see become available as DLC. I only have one pack idea in mind and it comes in the form of an RPG pack. Some might say this addition would add too many sword wielders, but I disagree. I think having more is a decent idea. Consider that even by adding this number of blades to the mix, the amount of sword characters still would not come close too the vast amount of "beat-you-with-my-fist-and-other-various-body-parts" characters. Bear in mind that I wouldn't want to see the sword fighters become generic copies of each other. It could take some time and polishing from Nintendo, but I believe the following characters could be made unique in their own right.

RPG Pack:
Isaac/Felix: Golden Sun
Details: A split between several color options for both characters (in the same way that there is a split between Olimar and Alph, who share a moveset and character slot). I would like to see him use both his sword and magic options, but still play differently than Robin. I'd also like his speed to be fast, like Marth.
Final smash: featuring either Judgement, or possibly a group attack with his three companions: Garet, Ivan and Mia. If the group attack idea is used, switch the companions to Jenna, Sheba and Piers when playing as Felix.)

Cecil: Final Fantasy IV
Details: The visual appearance of Cecil could resemble a polished version of his reboot to the 3DS. Cecil would likely be a medium to slow speed character who packs less of a punch than bowser, but with greater range.

Hero: Dragon Quest/Warrior
Details: Aside from the issue that the character does not have a name (in any of the games I've played in the series, you choose your own name) I can't imagine why Nintendo would choose not to include the main protagonist from one of it's most successful and long standing series. The issue could be solved by simply naming the character "Dragon Warrior," though. The interesting thing about this character being included is that they could separate the color options of the character between the different appearances throughout Nintendo installments of the game.

Chrono: Chrono-Trigger
Details: Being that the game was released on both the SNES and PS1, I'm not certain that it would allow Nintendo to use him in their Smash series. Though, that argument could be refuted since it was actually ported to the PS1 four years after its release on the SNES. Also, with examples such as Sonic and Snake appearing in Smash already, I don't see there being much issue except for Squarenix going to Sony first all the time now. Chrono would be an amazing addition to the game and would (I believe) be a well received addition to the cast. Since the feel of the game was always combining your abilities with other characters, his B attacks could cause the other characters to spawn and use various attacks from the game. Example: Forward B - Frog appears and X attack is used in a straight line. Could be charged, similar to Ike's forward B.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
If the Hyrule Warriors DLC is anything to be compared to, then the SSB4 DLC could be pretty amazing indeed.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Of course Wolf. Could care less about Ice Climbers. More fighters, skins, stages, moves, Mii outfits, another Mii class.

Dan

Smash Lord
Some of you guys are being way too optimistic in my opinion. Don't you see how long it's taking them to develop just Mewtwo alone? I mean some of you guys are predicting like seven-plus DLC characters when there are only four more roster holes left. I know they could always condense the screen more, but that seems impossible. It would be too small.

I think the Miiverse stage will be the only DLC stage for at least the 3DS, filling in that one open slot. We may get four more characters after Mewtwo, but it will take a while. I don't think Ice Climbers are a possibility; they would've been included in the default roster if they were to be included at all, unless they figure out some miracle fix to get them to operate on the 3DS hardware. I think Wolf is next in line if there are anymore DLC characters, followed by Dixie Kong.

I think the Pit codec thing means RIP for Snake.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I think the DLC packs will include some of the following:

- More playable characters
- More event mode maps
- More Mario Party maps
- More stages to play on
- More game modes
- More playable character skins

That's about it I think.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
A pack of costume accessories for the Mii Fighter(s) would be nice. (trying to be different. lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom