• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do think the dlc pack will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Baby ridley (aka little birdy)
Smash run maps inspired by specific franchises.

Last edited:

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
Some of you guys are being way too optimistic in my opinion. Don't you see how long it's taking them to develop just Mewtwo alone? I mean some of you guys are predicting like seven-plus DLC characters when there are only four more roster holes left. I know they could always condense the screen more, but that seems impossible. It would be too small.

I think the Miiverse stage will be the only DLC stage for at least the 3DS, filling in that one open slot. We may get four more characters after Mewtwo, but it will take a while. I don't think Ice Climbers are a possibility; they would've been included in the default roster if they were to be included at all, unless they figure out some miracle fix to get them to operate on the 3DS hardware. I think Wolf is next in line if there are anymore DLC characters, followed by Dixie Kong.

I think the Pit codec thing means RIP for Snake.
there is really no tell if mewtwo is all there working on right now. now that the game is pretty much done, i doubt all the employees in the smash team is working on just mewtwo. so my guess is there is more coming.... eventually. as for the number.... well.... there is this..

8 player smash icon got put to use these probably will too

Dan

Smash Lord
there is really no tell if mewtwo is all there working on right now. now that the game is pretty much done, i doubt all the employees in the smash team is working on just mewtwo. so my guess is there is more coming.... eventually. as for the number.... well.... there is this..

lol. Did you make those giant just to spite me, lol?

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
I don't really see any dlc characters other than Mewtwo being likely. I would love it if there were more, but it seems like characters take a lot of time and effort to create and it's hard to imagine there being more than 2 or 3 (if that) dlc characters for an already huge roster

I think dlc stages are likely though, I'd love an updated Fountain of Dreams on the Wii U, it would be so beautiful. Poke Floats, Great Bay, Hyrule Castle, and Saffron City would be great too. And assuming Magicant isn't unlockable on the Wii U, I think it would be great if it was made as dlc for it, that stage is so pretty and I'd love to see it in HD

Alt costumes would be nice, I think the costumes from that New 3DS commercial with Kyary would be great dlc for Smash 3ds, it would be even better if they made costumes for other characters that weren't in that commercial

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
If they release DLC in packs, and I'm not so sure that they will, I can imagine one character coming in each pack along with two or three stages.

I don't feel comfortable making any predictions, but right now, I think the roster of characters is only missing one thing to make it perfect, and that's the Ice Climbers, so I'd like it if they became DLC for Wii U and New 3DS only, or if they gave us Popo and Nana as solo characters (alts of each other, of course). Perhaps they could make it so the secondary IC is just part of the main IC's moves, only appearing when needed, rather than a full AI-controlled character.

As for stages, again, I can't predict anything, but I'd love for Great Bay, Fourside and Poké Floats to return from Melee. The only problem would be Tingle, but...

"Alfonzo! Alfonzo! Kooloo-Limpah!"

Fountain of Dreams
I knew I was forgetting one.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
IMO...
:popo: - If 3DS technical issues are worked out, definitely. Otherwise, there isn't a chance.
:squirtle::ivysaur: - No, but I wish.
:wolf: - Probably the next best choice for DLC considering he was the least cloney veteran that was willingly cut from the roster (not counting :ivysaur::squirtle: or :snake:) and he's a villain character.
:lucas: - I want him, but since Ness seems to have all of his custom moves I don't think Nintendo/Sakurai is going to bother (though it would make sense in my mind if he came back.)
:snake: - Probably not, but I'd like to see him return.
:roypm: - Probably not considering :4lucina:'s existence but maybe with enough requests we'll see him again.
:pichumelee: - Definitely not but I'd enjoy this.
:younglinkmelee: - Probs not but I don't really care either way.

NEWCOMERS
DIXIE KONG - I hope so. She seems the most likely.
RIDLEY - Probably not after seeing that he's a fully functional stage boss. I like him as a stage boss so I'm not too disappointed.
K. ROOL - This would be k. kool *comedic drum beat* but I seriously doubt it.
ISAAC - Heck yes, and pretty likely considering that he's gone from the AT roster.
CHORUS MEN - This would be cool and I hope it happens, but not before :popo:.
ANOTHER POKEMON - I would like to see Plusle & Minun or Sceptile but I don't think it's gonna happen.
THIRD PARTIES - Simon Belmont would be cool, but I doubt we're getting any more third party reps. If anyone, it's gonna be Rayman.

Over anything at all, I want another wonky retro character like Duck Hunt.

COSTUMES - I hope so. I want back my :4wario2: recolors but we're probably only getting Mii Fighter costumes if anything at all.

STAGES - I hope we get new stages as DLC, but maybe Fountain of Dreams or some other forgotten Melee stage.

Last edited:

Zezortos

Smash Rookie
Veteran pack
Characters: Lucas, Wolf and Mewtwo
Stages: Great bay, fountain of dreams, Spear Pillar, New Pork City
Alts: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu

Newcomer Pack
Characters: Impa, Dixie Kong and Isaac
Stages: Brand New Stages
Alts: Villager, Mega Man, Shulk, Pac Man

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Since it's taking nintendo over 5 months to do mewtwo, I expect that nintendo is working on more smash related dlc than just mewtwo.

Here's a list of possible dlc veteran characters:
:popo:(maybe a wii u exclusive until the the new 3ds is in 'murica)
:roypm:(if the demand is there)
:wolf:(star fox needs a villain representative)
:lucas:(earthbound is down to only ness)
:snake:(he's apart of smash bros history now)

Possible dlc packs:

Pack 1 Melee nostalgia

Ice Climbers
Roy
Mewtwo

Stages:
an original fire emblem stage
spear pillar/poke floats or both
Summit/the ice climbers stage from melee or both

Pack 2 Brawls' comeback

Wolf
Lucas
Snake

Stages:
Shadow moses island (with the return of snakes codec)
New Pork Town (for 8-player smash)/bigger fourside or both
Venom/Sector Z or both

Get both packs and get
:pichumelee:
with the saffron city stage

Last edited:

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
I would really want alt costumes/alt character costumes; they don't change replays or the metagame, and they don't take as long to make but we could cool things like:
Robot Masters for Megaman
Galacta Knight for Meta Knight
True Daisy for Peach
Shadow for Sonic
Metal or Tanuki or Gold or Racoon or Cape Mario for Mario

_gold_

Smash Master
Knowing Nintendo, they'll release Mewtwo as DLC and a bunch of new music, which no one really cares for. I'd like to see a costumes/stages/fighters DLC.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
what is this dlc pack? can anybody please link me?

edit: its obvious i would love extra characters and stages... even skins and items, but to redeem themselves, stage builder deserves more versatility... so stage builder pieces would be a nice dlc pack

edit#2: never mind... somebody bumped this thread, its from october -.-

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Well since it's bumped, might as well put my input.

Lucas is the only cut character I can imagine making it, since Wolf has almost all his moves as Fox customs, we have Mario over represented, we have pokemon over represented (Even though I would be estatic if Squirtle got back in), and Snake was a one time thing, we don't need any more clones (Roy, Pichu, Young Link).

I think a Rythym Heaven character will come in, it's a popular series that a lot of people enjoy. Dixie Kong probably won't make it, but Impa could.

A Doctor Mario stage would be epic, same with a stage for R.O.B.

TL:DR
Lucas, Rythym Heaven Rep
+
Dr. Mario and R.O.B stage

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Mewtwo
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Isaac
King K. Rool
Ridley (Melee intro design)

Lucas as a Ness costume.

Last edited:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
In the case dlc is coming, packs would be more efficient then buying every single character stage and costume alone. Also mk8 has a pack system so I got the idea from that
"efficient"? for who? Nintendo will release it in the way that profits them the most without making them seem greedy. That being said, sakurai has said many times that they aren't working on dlc packs right now. And that ice climbers won't be added because they don't work with the 3ds version. Also it's taken them five months to release mewtwo, if you're getting your hopes up for a 4 character pack, you're looking at at least 2 years of developement which i don't think sakurai want's to do.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well since it's bumped, might as well put my input.

Lucas is the only cut character I can imagine making it, since Wolf has almost all his moves as Fox customs, we have Mario over represented, we have pokemon over represented (Even though I would be estatic if Squirtle got back in), and Snake was a one time thing, we don't need any more clones (Roy, Pichu, Young Link).

I think a Rythym Heaven character will come in, it's a popular series that a lot of people enjoy. Dixie Kong probably won't make it, but Impa could.

A Doctor Mario stage would be epic, same with a stage for R.O.B.

TL:DR
Lucas, Rythym Heaven Rep
+
Dr. Mario and R.O.B stage
Uh Lucas has almost all his moves as customs for Ness, Wolf only has one move, plus custom moves don't deconfirm a character.
DLC pack1: $2.99
Wolf
Lucas
New Pork
Sector Z
That's good,
Pack 2: $4.99
Krool
Isaac
Sami
Pious
Lighthouse
Omega land
Ehn'gha

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Uh Lucas has almost all his moves as customs for Ness, Wolf only has one move, plus custom moves don't deconfirm a character.
DLC pack1: $2.99
Wolf
Lucas
New Pork
Sector Z
That's good,
Pack 2: $4.99
Krool
Isaac
Sami
Pious
Lighthouse
Omega land
Ehn'gha
Oh, well then he is also down the drain, Sakurai wouldn't be making a character that you can play by changing his customs.

_gold_

Smash Master
I think it was confirmed a long time ago, that Mewtwo will be the only DLC character to be released.
I think what Sakurai said was that he regrets saying he'll make Mewtwo because that means putting more hours into the game... something along those lines. Fine-tuning Mewtwo into the huge roster, I can imagine will be difficult. That being said, I don't think it was confirmed or not that he was going to be the only DLC.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
It baffles me how people who think Roy has no chance also think that Lucas does have a chance. Lucas was only in one game, just like Roy, which wasn't even released in America. Not to mention Mother is pretty much dead, while Fire Emblem is more popular than ever and Roy was a DLC character in the most popular and most recent entry to date. Mother doesn't need more than Ness in Smash. Lucas is not, and should not, come back.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
It baffles me how people who think Roy has no chance also think that Lucas does have a chance. Lucas was only in one game, just like Roy, which wasn't even released in America. Not to mention Mother is pretty much dead, while Fire Emblem is more popular than ever and Roy was a DLC character in the most popular and most recent entry to date. Mother doesn't need more than Ness in Smash. Lucas is not, and should not, come back.

You do realise that the DLC came out during the developpement of Smash. This means that they could not add him back then, thus why he never returned for the same reason as Lucas. You also contradict yourself by saying that he appear in only one game, but then saying that he was a DLC character in the last Fire Emblem.

But technically speaking, it's true that Roy has more for him in terms of character. But being recent doesn't mean he will be a DLC. The differences between Roy and Lucas are those : the originality and representation.
If we compare Roy with Lucas, Lucas is more original and is more like a semi-clone, unlike Roy who is a full clone. There's more points for Lucas as an original character than Roy.
Then we have the representation. True, Fire Emblem is more popular, but it's thanks to Smash that people mostly know the series. However, Smash 4 has a lot of Fire Emblem characters compared to the Mother series. It would be logical to add Lucas instead, due to being a semi-clone and the smaller representation of the Mother franchise.
There's also the fact that Lucina technically took the place of Roy. Afterall, Roy was just like Marth in Melee, but less effective due to not having the tip. The same goes for Lucina in this game.

Anyway, those are the reasons why people thinks Lucas would most likely return unlike Roy as a DLC. But, in my own opinion, Mewtwo will be the only character as a DLC. Sure, they could milk the game by putting DLCs in it, but remember that Sakurai is still the head of the game. He's the one who controls who will be in the game. If he doesn't want to make DLCs, he simply say it to Iwata, who helped him developping the first Smash game. He would easily understand (joke incoming) and let Smash without DLCs.

Only the future will tell if Smash will have DLCs or not. For now on, let's just wait and see what will happen in the future.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Knowing Nintendo, they'll release Mewtwo as DLC and a bunch of new music, which no one really cares for. I'd like to see a costumes/stages/fighters DLC.
Well, we will eventually get the new Miiverse stage which would probably be released in an update along with the Mewtwo DLC and tournament mode. (Thats only a prediction) Other than that, I'm sure Sakurai doesn't want to bother with making anymore DLC packs. The guy really needs his rest.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I think it was confirmed a long time ago, that Mewtwo will be the only DLC character to be released.
“I understand that DLC could add a lot to the appeal of Smash Bros.,” Sakurai said, “and I appreciate that a major part of the excitement for these games come from which characters will appear in the roster, so I think fans could really enjoy DLC that could keep this excitement going. However, I think there might be criticism that we are cutting up content to sell characters one by one, or that we are adding things later that should have been there from the start.”

“Creating a single fighter involves a huge investment, and we’ve already been giving it our all and investing a lot of work in the characters currently available in the game and, I think it’s an incredible package in terms of the sheer amount of content in the game. But it might be that people may not understand and may think that I am not offering enough by just looking at DLC itself.

“In light of this, we always need to weigh up both sides of this topic and carefully consider whether it really is best to have DLC or not.”

“However, what I can say now about paid DLC is that we aren’t working on anything at the moment,” he continued. “We’ve put all our efforts into making the actual game. Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people. I can’t yet give you an answer about whether the price would justify the costs and criticisms mentioned above.”
This was made on November 19 2014, and I think he said it again on December 14 2014.
Well, we will eventually get the new Miiverse stage which would probably be released in an update along with the Mewtwo DLC and tournament mode. (Thats only a prediction) Other than that, I'm sure Sakurai doesn't want to bother with making anymore DLC packs. The guy really needs his rest.
I'm pretty sure he's gotten some rest, the main game is out and he's easily not as stressed as before, plus he's probably got access to Ergonomics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_factors_and_ergonomics

rosetta_stoned

Smash Apprentice
After mewtwo i honestly hope they don't add any more characters. And if they do... It better not be any friggin' clones.

Stages I dont care either way. I remade hyrule castle in stage creator and meh i never play it.

And everyone asking for King K Rool - ain't gonna happen. Theres a reason he and his kremlin krew havnt appeared in any of the wii or wiiu titles. (Liscence issues)

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
You do realise that the DLC came out during the developpement of Smash. This means that they could not add him back then, thus why he never returned for the same reason as Lucas.
Huh?

You also contradict yourself by saying that he appear in only one game, but then saying that he was a DLC character in the last Fire Emblem.
Okay clearly a character being a DLC and a character actually being in the game aren't the same thing, so there is no contradiction, but whatever. The DLC comment I made was just to show that they haven't forgotten about him.

But technically speaking, it's true that Roy has more for him in terms of character. But being recent doesn't mean he will be a DLC. The differences between Roy and Lucas are those : the originality and representation.
If we compare Roy with Lucas, Lucas is more original and is more like a semi-clone, unlike Roy who is a full clone. There's more points for Lucas as an original character than Roy.
Then we have the representation. True, Fire Emblem is more popular, but it's thanks to Smash that people mostly know the series. However, Smash 4 has a lot of Fire Emblem characters compared to the Mother series. It would be logical to add Lucas instead, due to being a semi-clone and the smaller representation of the Mother franchise.
There's also the fact that Lucina technically took the place of Roy. Afterall, Roy was just like Marth in Melee, but less effective due to not having the tip. The same goes for Lucina in this game.
I was not arguing that Roy will be DLC, I was arguing that Lucas has just about the same or even less chance than Roy, because people seem to put Lucas a lot and never put Roy. Neither of them have much of a chance, especially Lucas.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Please Roy. Roy's our boy c'mon. The new physics would probably be pretty favorable for him.

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
After mewtwo i honestly hope they don't add any more characters. And if they do... It better not be any friggin' clones.

Stages I dont care either way. I remade hyrule castle in stage creator and meh i never play it.

And everyone asking for King K Rool - ain't gonna happen. Theres a reason he and his kremlin krew havnt appeared in any of the wii or wiiu titles. (Liscence issues)
It can't be that since there was a Kremling in Smash run, they just haven't been prominent in a DK game since Barrel Blast.

Also for Roy returning, isn't it important to note that there is already a character named Roy in this game as one of the Koopalings? Having two characters with the same name it pretty complicated in terms of programming and file naming.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
Well I mean i'm sure it would be different if Hyrule Castle actually looked like Hyrule Castle. Sometimes just shape isn't enough.

Also for Roy returning, isn't it important to note that there is already a character named Roy in this game as one of the Koopalings? Having two characters with the same name it pretty complicated in terms of programming and file naming.
Not really complicated, but it might be a little confusing, and they also probably don't want the announcer to announce the same name for two different characters. They could just add "koopa" at the end of every koopa's name, so when you pick the Roy koopa, the announcer will say "Roy Koopa" and when you pick Roy fire emblem, the announcer just says "Roy".

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
im hoping for dlc costumes ^^
Agree, idk why but I feel that the Mewtwo one will inclde some alts, and then they will make another hopefully with two new characters, if not one new character and stages/costumes/items

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750

what are "these"?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Well I mean i'm sure it would be different if Hyrule Castle actually looked like Hyrule Castle. Sometimes just shape isn't enough.

Not really complicated, but it might be a little confusing, and they also probably don't want the announcer to announce the same name for two different characters. They could just add "koopa" at the end of every koopa's name, so when you pick the Roy koopa, the announcer will say "Roy Koopa" and when you pick Roy fire emblem, the announcer just says "Roy".
Or they could just use the same voice bit. I don't think anyone would honestly care. Less work for Nintendo too. (can you feel my bias?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom