• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do the lights mean on your Friends list?

AeroFalcon

Smash Rookie
It's those little lights next to your friend's names, some are green, some are red and some are orange. Any idea what they mean? Does it have something to do with activity?

Thanks in advance.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I think it is this

Green: Online, at the wii, ready to fight
Orange: Online, but away from the wii, ready to fight but the player isn't there to respond
Red: Offline

I haven't been online in forever, but I think that's how it is.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I'm pretty sure its based on your connection to the player: Green is Good, Yellow is Alright/Sub-par, Red is bad. Mostly because I've had people online with all different kinds of colors, so the above post doesn't make sense (beside the fact that the Wii has no way of knowing whether or not someone is actually physically not there to respond, aka being afk).

AeroFalcon

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure its based on your connection to the player: Green is Good, Yellow is Alright/Sub-par, Red is bad. Mostly because I've had people online with all different kinds of colors, so the above post doesn't make sense (beside the fact that the Wii has no way of knowing whether or not someone is actually physically not there to respond, aka being afk).
I think this is right. Because I have people online that are orange and vice versa. This one makes the most sense.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
Well, you already noticed you were wrong, MonkUnit, but I'd like to add that there's the colored ball and a text that reads "Offline" or "Online", so it could never be that.
So yeah, the ball is the connection quality. But you shouldn't bother too much with it. There are times when the ball is orange and I can Brawl without any lag at all, and times where it's green and the match is laggy. Also, if you ever find a blue ball... You MUST take a screenshot and send it to somewhere big, like the Nobel Prize committee. It's THAT rare.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
(Green) Good connection
(Yellow) Standard connection
(Orange) Bad connection
(Red) Worst Connection
(Grey) Offline
Don't forget blue connection, which is the best. I think grey means an unknown connection. I always get this when I first add someone.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The only way to get a blue ball nowadays is to have 2 Wiis, 2 SSBBs, the same internet connection and 2 TVs in the same room. I haven't done it, and its pretty obvious why XD.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This information... is in the instruction manual...
hahahahahhhaa

yeah, Blue is the best, then green, yellow, orange, and worst is red.

Grey means you just don't know the strength of connection yet.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
What do you mean blue is rare? Half my friends list is blue.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
This information... is in the instruction manual...
...You know what the worst part is? It's that I READ the instruction manual. And I still had to guess some stuff up. What's the point of reading the manual if I'm not paying attention? Bah. Stupid me.

Anyway... Should we add this info on the wiki somewhere? It wouldn't take up much space either way.

Top Bottom