• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do Cpus do that are unusual?

MattNF

Smash Lord
Lvl 9 Pikachus QAC a lot. Usually they just do it back and forth, but I've heard tales of QAC > thunder and QAC > edgehog (which is too good.... but suicidal for a human Pika to attempt).

CPU G&Ws tend to get a lot of 9s with the Judgement hammer. Cheaters.

Also, sometimes if I die and the CPU dies before they finish taunting (I kill them, the stage kills them, etc), they'll taunt when they respawn. They're just... so... mean!
I've never seen a CPU Pikachu purposely QAC before... I don't think the developers knew about QAC (sorta like with wavedashing in melee).

And to the people saying that CPUs learn from you: I don't think they can do that either. They just have great reaction time and they're very well programmed (for the most part... :p).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
When you play cpu's in a free for all, if you get launched into the air, all 3 wait for you at the bottom and the totally forget that there is someone other than me to attack, as if they are all on a team. Freakin annoying =P.
That's usual, though. CPUs always team up against the player(s), even on lower difficulty levels.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's quite difficult to predict what the Brawl CPU will do. Heck, the level 1s are just as smart as the level 9s in terms of perfect shielding and shield grabs, though they attack less frequently.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
captain falcon always seems to kill himself near the beginning of the match on the highest difficulty for classic mode. it's happened twice out of the few times i've played that difficulty

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
Once when I was making a replay of Lucas vs. dark Lucas, I knocked the Dark Lucas a tad far away, then I crouched just for the sake of random fun. Then, when the Dark Lucas got up, he crouch taunted me! Probably more proof that CPU's act off of Button presses and stuff.

Also, in a retake of that scenario (Lucas vs. Dark Lucas), when the match started, the Dark Lucas jumped to the left, and kept grabbing the edge, jumping up, grabbing the edge, then repeating. I decided to do that on the right side of the stage. We had to have been doing that for a whole minute, until a Chimera popped up and got the CPU to jump away from it.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Once when I was making a replay of Lucas vs. dark Lucas, I knocked the Dark Lucas a tad far away, then I crouched just for the sake of random fun. Then, when the Dark Lucas got up, he crouch taunted me! Probably more proof that CPU's act off of Button presses and stuff.

Also, in a retake of that scenario (Lucas vs. Dark Lucas), when the match started, the Dark Lucas jumped to the left, and kept grabbing the edge, jumping up, grabbing the edge, then repeating. I decided to do that on the right side of the stage. We had to have been doing that for a whole minute, until a Chimera popped up and got the CPU to jump away from it.
Dark lucas?

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Picked up Lightning and 3 CPU Ikes turned giant (Mushroom+Mushroom) and I got tiny (-Mushroom+-Mushroom) Lol KO at 0%

fox219

Smash Journeyman
That's usual, though. CPUs always team up against the player(s), even on lower difficulty levels.
not exactly, they are attracted to P1. I was P2 at my friend's house and one of the cpus ran through me to get P1. we were playing team battles

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon always Falcon Punches at the worst times, especially when trying to edgeguard. Not effective at all.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Whenever the CPU is above, they can never resist the temptation to footstool.

Even when it's moar practical to do something else.

:093:

Slasherx

Smash Ace
In training when they're in Stand mode, just beat them up ussually hit them up in the air.
They eventually will attack you with their A attack.

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
I remember in Melee CPU's just stopped and stood in place at random times. Good to see that's been fixed.

When I went against a Toon Link while playing as Toon Link, the CPU kept repeating what I did. Whenever I used the arrows, he countered with arrows immediately.

But, if CPU's learn your button presses, then doesn't that mean they might learn how to use the Infinite Dimensional Cape?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
What I find is VERY strange is that CPU's will actively edgeguard you in Brawl+ when the No Auto-sweet spot ledge code is activated.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
What I find is VERY strange is that CPU's will actively edgeguard you in Brawl+ when the No Auto-sweet spot ledge code is activated.
I don't really know how to hack. cpu mk and pika edgeguard mandatory

DLeon

Smash Rookie
Man its crazy, cpu Fox actually jumps up hits me with the reflector while doing a short hop and immediately tries to up-smash me,I mean this is stuff I usually do,its like fighting against myself sometimes.If its possible they learn what you do imagine the possibilities,kind of scary LOL!!

fox219

Smash Journeyman
Man its crazy, cpu Fox actually jumps up hits me with the reflector while doing a short hop and immediately tries to up-smash me,I mean this is stuff I usually do,its like fighting against myself sometimes.If its possible they learn what you do imagine the possibilities,kind of scary LOL!!
i was fighting a ramdom and I fought a blue link two times. I fought an olimar between them (match order).

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
My CPU capt. falcon, jumped off the edge and did a reverse falcon and killed me, and then i thought isai was playing against me but, he would have comboed me into a reverse falcon

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
They just have the most hax0r reflexes. They poweshield every single attack, and all their grabs connect, even if you're in the air directly above them. Hax.

On the flip side, they sometimes jump off and just die, or they don't even try to recover and die at 7%. Or they run into fully charged f-smashes.

Top Bottom