• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What combos does Rosalina have?

Gandolftheman

Smash Rookie
I know of her "DownGrab then FowardAir" and her Infinite, are there any others I should know of?

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
There aren't that many (if any) combos in Smash 4, only followups. Just improvise.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
A lot of it will depend on Luma's positioning.

But yes, she isn't exactly a combo character.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Her reliable grab game is upthrow > utilt / upsmash. From here you can follow them in the air and attempt to juggle with uairs. I believe backthrow to fair works at certain percent as well. If you land with the last hit of nair you can follow up with a grab or a dash attack at low percent. If you hit with the soft hit of rosa's uair (just the halo, not luma uair) it combos into a double jump uair as well.

That's all i can think of atm for legit combos at this time. Like they said above, combos aren't a big thing in this game just more of followups based off reads.

Mienaikage

Smash Cadet
At the lowest percentages you want uThrow > uTilt, dThrow > nAir (Luma hits), or dThrow > uAir.

Also someone has mentioned that if you do nAir just before you land, Rosalina won't attack but Luma will, and Rosalina is free to follow up from Luma's hit.

You can combo into Smash attacks from Tilts if you space Luma and Rosalina correctly but I don't really have anything reliable there.

Last edited:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Also someone has mentioned that if you do nAir just before you land, Rosalina won't attack but Luma will, and Rosalina is free to follow up from Luma's hit.
Landing with Luma's B-air, D-air, or the forwards hit of N-air is difficult to follow-up on. Dash attack or dash grab and only at lower %'s. Landing with U-air is very difficult to hit someone with, but it true combos into u-air again, sometimes u-tilt or u-smash. Luma's f-air can be comboed into U-air pretty consistently. Landing with Luma's n-air backwards causes them to be hit towards you, which gives you Pivot Grab, Pivot F-smash, or U-smash very easy at any %.

The U-throw into U-tilt or U-air is most staple combo we have imo. Dependent on character weight and DI, but I believe it's truly inescapable a lot of the time. U-throw to U-tilt works from about 5% to 25% on non-floaties. Sometimes you can link a second u-tilt after the first. After that stops working, U-throw to U-air is a true combo for a while. Both of these combos do a ton and put them in an awful position. Even when it doesn't combo, U-throw to U-air is just a good tactic.

F-throw > Luma's U-tilt when it's unattached.
Aerial Grab Release > Luma U-smash when it's unattached? Dependent on character release animation, probably.
D-throw > F-air works if they don't know how to DI it.
Jab 1 > Jab 2 > D-tilt with Luma? Probably DI dependent, but I've had it work a lot in matches. See the Japanese players do it a lot.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I've landed fair during the multihits then followed up on it. I don't know if it's true or not though.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yes, this is exactly what I meant in my post (thanks for the video demonstrating it) but even when you do that the trajectory of Luma's b-air, d-air, and forwards hit of N-air are not ideal for making combos.

Last edited:

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
I've done a sort of "Baseball" combo sometimes where Luma will FSmash the opponent towards me (the pitch) and then I'll USmash them as they reach Rosalina (the hit). It's really fun when you get the opportunity to do so; but again, depends heavily on your opponents position relative to Luma, and how much attention they pay to Luma.

Percentful

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4947-0924
If the opponent is at the right percent, a well-spaced Dair will bounce them up just a bit, and you'll have time to throw out a Fsmash or whatever punish you want. I'm not sure if this is actually a true combo, but I haven't had an opponent fast enough to escape it.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
DSmash while Luma is away into another dsmash and just continue that. I've managed to do like four in a row (usually ending with Luma's dsmash going onto the opposite side of me where another dsmash hits them away.

One of my favorites is fair on a grounded opponent, land about halfway through the move, follow up with a ftilt after the landing lag because the fair at the halfway point doesn't hit people away too much

Smasher89

Smash Lord
At around 40% you can in the stance when luma is away, dtilt from rosalina to luma uptilt for example. Then followup depending if they DI towards or away from you.

Last edited:

Colonel Kurtz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColonelKurtz19
3DS FC
1091-8043-0363
There is a video on youtube. I can't post links yet since I haven't made ten posts yet but I typed in "rosalina smash advanced" and its a video towards the top thats 58 seconds long. User is EOE.

There are some good combos that utilize her ability to "cancel" landing lag. U can still perform aerials with luma while you land, therefore bypassing the landing lag.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
There is a video on youtube. I can't post links yet since I haven't made ten posts yet but I typed in "rosalina smash advanced" and its a video towards the top thats 58 seconds long. User is EOE.

There are some good combos that utilize her ability to "cancel" landing lag. U can still perform aerials with luma while you land, therefore bypassing the landing lag.
This one, right?

Colonel Kurtz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColonelKurtz19
3DS FC
1091-8043-0363
This one, right?

YUP, some great tech. This video solidified my using rosalina. I already love zoney and control characters/classes in any game I play. But man, this is some fun stuff right here. Hopefully i can get good at the game and really enjoy it!

Top Bottom