• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What class weight is Yoshi?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yoshi may be a dino, but he got his recent upright form, which is definitely smaller than the raptor-styled Yoshi we know/knew from Super Mario World. So I actually expect him to lose some weight along with this. Perhaps not much, but at least by a little bit. But still, we're gonna have to wait and see for this, he could even be heavier from all we know. =/

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi may be a dino, but he got his recent upright form, which is definitely smaller than the raptor-styled Yoshi we know/knew from Super Mario World. So I actually expect him to lose some weight along with this. Perhaps not much, but at least by a little bit. But still, we're gonna have to wait and see for this, he could even be heavier from all we know. =/
He is still a dino. He doesn't weigh the same as a normal person, or at least, normally he wouldn't. But then again, since when do people slash swords like crazy, not die, but recieve damage percentage? We just might as well be wrong, as we are making logical decisions for a very illogical game.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
He is still a dino. He doesn't weigh the same as a normal person, or at least, normally he wouldn't. But then again, since when do people slash swords like crazy, not die, but recieve damage percentage? We just might as well be wrong, as we are making logical decisions for a very illogical game.
Yoshi is lighter than both Mario and Luigi in the Mario Kart games, except for maybe the first one, where he still was in his classic form. Once he was turned into his more human-like form, he became much lighter. I don't see why this can't happen in Brawl. I think he'll be around Mario's weight.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi is in brawl?

Yoshi is in melee?
:confused:

Yoshi is lighter than both Mario and Luigi in the Mario Kart games, except for maybe the first one, where he still was in his classic form. Once he was turned into his more human-like form, he became much lighter. I don't see why this can't happen in Brawl. I think he'll be around Mario's weight.
That is a good point. Like I said, I'm making logical decisions for a very illogical game. lol :)

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman

6th heaviest character from the starting roster :cool: And I'm guessing he becomes one of the heaviest characters in his game during his double jump. I always thought he would be more on the medium side of medium-heavy, guess not lol.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman

6th heaviest character from the starting roster :cool: And I'm guessing he becomes one of the heaviest characters in his game during his double jump. I always thought he would be more on the medium side of medium-heavy, guess not lol.
Great find. Yea, this is what I expected. Thanks for further proof.:)

Depster

Smash Champion
Weird, he is a Light weight in every Mariokart game... But I guess he needs the weight to carry that chunker of a plumber XD

Sharky

Smash Master
Makes sense, yoshi was the 5th heaviest in melee out of all of the characters, if I remember correctly. I must admit, though, it seems awfully odd that olimar is so high up on that list.

metayoshi

Smash Cadet
Actually, he's middle weight in the Mario Kart series.
No... From what I remember, Yoshi was a light weight in 64, a semi light/middle weight in Super Circuit (the only one with 2 stars as his weight), a middle in Double Dash, and a light weight in DS...

It never made sense to me how he was a light weight in the kart series as he's obviously more massive than Mario considering he can carry him throughout his adventures. Whatever, Good Acceleration FTW.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
No... From what I remember, Yoshi was a light weight in 64, a semi light/middle weight in Super Circuit (the only one with 2 stars as his weight), a middle in Double Dash, and a light weight in DS...

It never made sense to me how he was a light weight in the kart series as he's obviously more massive than Mario considering he can carry him throughout his adventures. Whatever, Good Acceleration FTW.
Yeah, that's true. I've also read things from Nintendo somewhere (I think the official site) that says he's the SMALLEST character. So wait, he's even smaller than Toad now? Who touched that Shrink Ray?!

..Yeah, anyway. Yoshi still is one of the heavier characters in Brawl it seems, even if he lost his real dino-look even in the Smash series now.

Top Bottom