• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what charecter will you main in brawl

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu and The Ice Climbers of course! But I must also wait and see who will be unlockable as well. >>;

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
No clue. I main Marth in Melee and second Mario, but Brawl won't be the same as Melee. I mained Fox is SBB64, and my Fox is terrible in SSBM.

What I think I'm going to do is try out every character in several matches, starting with the characters I expect to do really poorly with and moving up until I try out the characters I expect to be the best, and then make a decision based on that.

Makaveli X

Smash Cadet
i really do not know i really had no main in melee.i am a smash player who just uses random.but i am going to try to stick to one charecter. the most propable choice for me is wario.any one else?

You can't really say who you're gonna main. You have to check out the character and check out the moves they have and which characters you feel comfortable with. That's how I found my character in Melee. I started out with Mario and switched to Falco. It's something you have to wait for to see.

luis92

Smash Cadet
I'll Definately be using Samus but if i find somebody else im good at in the new Roster ill play them as well but i'll always be a samus main!

Flamesamurai

Smash Rookie
Im gonna use pit diddy pikachu and megaman (if hes in) too get good with and just use whoever else when i want.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Mario. He always has been the most awesome of fighters, and I loved his changes in Melee. I can't wait to master the ways of the F.L.U.D.D.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
jigglypuff most definetly and unless ganabre goeamon is in Pokemon Trainer as well

Rash

Smash Ace
I'll continue to main Samus, probably. However, since the game plays differently, and there will be a good amount of new characters, I may not even focus on maining anybody. This time around I might just absorb each character for what they are, and vary my character choices constantly.

I'm especially interested in Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, and Pit. Will I main them? I don't know. It's hard to say who you're going to main based on no actual personal gameplay. That's why I don't think people should say who they'll main until they actually play Brawl. At this point, who can actually tell what they're preferred character will play like and if they'll even enjoy playing as that character? For example, I wouldn't force myself to main Sonic just because I like Sonic. There are many factors that contribute to whether or not I'm willing to devote myself in such a fashion.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight for sure...

Dedede and maybe kirby or Sonic as secondaries. I'm also going to play alot with Wario, if my hype isn't deceiving me :p

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I'll probably main Luigi, and Yoshi, definatly. But I also really want to try out Metaknight, pit, king dedede, snake,pt, and zamus.

And if Kirby recieves some buffs, then I will probably main him again.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
My old mains were Mario and Link. This time I'm going to use Diddy Kong and Ike as my new mains. Also, I think Sonic as well.

JohnnyInThePants

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try and main Snake. He seems like a pretty unorthodox fighter, blending hand-to-hand combat with explosive weaponry. Should be interesting. ;]

cc6150

Smash Rookie
I won't really know until I play everyone, but i'm leaning toward Diddy, Lucas, and Dedede.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I will main Ike,Link and Snake out of the confirmed characters.The other confirmed characters will be either good with or won't use.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
Meta-Knight, without a doubt. It also just occurred to me that the MK in my name could stand for Meta-Knight... but I digress!

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Waay too early to tell. We only know of about 20 characters, and if the roster is gonna be about 40-ish, then there are plenty of characters who could be far better than any we know about. I know I'm gonna try out PT, DeDeDe, and Pit, but I have no idea who I will main.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Waay too early to tell. We only know of about 20 characters, and if the roster is gonna be about 40-ish, then there are plenty of characters who could be far better than any we know about.QUOTE]

It's never good to expect that sort of a high number of non-clones... it's just setting yourself up for a letdown

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
It's never good to expect that sort of a high number of non-clones... it's just setting yourself up for a letdown

I'm sot setting myself up for anything. 35-40 is a rather accurate guess, if I do say so myself, but hey, in 20 days we'll know for sure, won't we?

Top Bottom