• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters Should NOT Be In Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
What Characters should not be in Smash 4? I believe that these character do not fit or are not ready, in my opinion, The criteria of Smash:

-K. Rool- K. Rool is a bad*** villian but I feel his placement in Smash is not ready yet, I feel this slot for the DK series belongs to Dixie Kong.

-Megaman-My god, I'm going to be honest. I HATE MEGAMAN, I've never liked the series and it annoys me when people think he belongs in this game, HE NEVER WILL. if Sakurai didn't place him in the first 3 games, what makes you think he's ever going to get in? Plus if he did he would be NEAR clone of Samus.

-Any other Sonic Characters- This is probably going to get the most heat but hear me out, I think the main character of a 3rd party game belongs in Smash, no disputing that with Snake's and Sonic's placement in Brawl, but adding Minor 3rd party character waters down that character's status as unique or different and its just unnecessary. Sonic should return but ONLY him, with Snake of course.

-Ridley- Just no. End of story

-Palutena- See Ridley.

If you have any characters that should NOT be in the next Smash game, please leave a few.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>Hates the idea of Mega Man, K. Rool, Ridley, and Palutena in Smash. With laughable "reasons" as well.
>Is the same guy who wants Star Wars characters.

lol.

Anyway, to keep on topic, any additional character to an already represented Third-party. In other words, I just don't want Third Parties to be treated as Nintendo series, since it IS a Nintendo game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anyway, to keep on topic, any additional character to an already represented Third-party. In other words, I just don't want Third Parties to be treated as Nintendo series, since it IS a Nintendo game.
This. I don't really care what characters they add, but third parties shouldn't be treated with the same privileges as Nintendo characters. Being playable in the first place is an honor, don't overdo it. Sonic being playable alone is good, but keep his friends out of it. They can be assist trophies, background characters, trophies etc. But playable characters = No.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not sure this thread is a good idea. Smells like flame bait to me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess it's fine so long as it doesn't get too out of hand...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This would have been interesting if there had been actual reasons for why they shouldn't come in other than subjective feelings. Your opinion isn't in the majority with Megaman, Ridley, K. Rool, or Palutena. And Star Wars characters.

The only thing that shouldn't happen like you said is more Sonic characters. Adding minor characters to a third party would cause many to get angry if they just didn't add the long list of possible major characters that could bring a new audience, a better set, and a new franchise to the table.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Geno,Tingle and Shadow Mario sucks.

:awesome:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This thread is flame wars ready to happen...

But ok, I'll confess:

-No 2nd rep for 3rd parties (leave the 2nd repping for Assist trophies)

-... Please don't hate me for this, but I consider Non-Specific Action Figure as nothing more of a meme-worthy novelty ATM. We can't just have this character because he managed to make Nintendo's E3 presentation SLIGHTLY less painful (imo). He needs to have at least accomplished what ROB did in order for me to want this guy in taking up a roster spot.

That's basically it. Any other Nintendo character (or 1st rep for a 3rd party) is welcome in my book. :D

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
How is Dixie Kong more deserving than K. Rool? K. Rool is more important because he is the main villain of the DK series. Dixie really hasn't done anything special to be deserving as the next new DK newcomer except her popularity but K. Rool is more popular.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
K. Rool has a lot of potential in being in the next Smash Bros., only because between all of the DKC games he's appeared in (even Donkey Kong 64), he does have quite the material to work with as far as a moveset goes. Same goes for Ridley. You may not want them, or think they shouldn't be playable in Smash 4, but don't be surprised should they actually make their playable debut.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'll tell you one character that should NOT be in Smash: Obi-Wan Kenobi. :troll:

What Characters should not be in Smash 4? I believe that these character do not fit or are not ready, in my opinion, The criteria of Smash:
Technically all these characters fit the "criteria" for being in Smash. People would want to play as them, they could offer something unique, they would all fit in Smash Bros. style, and none of them would throw off the balance of the game. Even the Sonic characters fit this criteria, even though I agree with you that I don't want to see any more. (plus they all originated in a video game, unlike Star Wars)

-K. Rool- K. Rool is a badass villian but I feel his placement in Smash is not ready yet, I feel this slot for the DK series belongs to Dixie Kong.
I agree with Wizzrobe here. How do you feel he's not ready for Smash yet? He's appeared in most DKC games as the main antagonist (he's been in more games than Dixie), and he's one of the most (if not the most) popular and requested newcomers, both in Japan, and in NA and Europe.

-Megaman-My god, I'm going to be honest. I HATE MEGAMAN, I've never liked the series and it annoys me when people think he belongs in this game, HE NEVER WILL. if Sakurai didn't place him in the first 3 games, what makes you think he's ever going to get in? Plus if he did he would be NEAR clone of Samus.
Megaman is by far the most requested 3rd party. Sakurai has already made statements about a Capcom character being a possibility. His chances have never been better. Also, Sakurai didn't put him in the first two games because those games were Nintendo-only. He didn't get in Brawl because Sakurai only put Snake in because he was asked to, and Sonic because he was the most requested 3rd party. Now that Megaman is the most requested 3rd party, his chances are pretty undeniable. Plus if you think Megaman would be a Samus clone or semi-clone, you should do some more Megaman research.

-Any other Sonic Characters- This is probably going to get the most heat but hear me out, I think the main character of a 3rd party game belongs in Smash, no disputing that with Snake's and Sonic's placement in Brawl, but adding Minor 3rd party character waters down that character's status as unique or different and its just unnecessary. Sonic should return but ONLY him, with Snake of course.
I agree with you here, but I'm just wondering what makes you think Snake belongs in Smash but Megaman doesn't?

-Ridley- Just no. End of story

-Palutena- See Ridley.
Good reasoning. :rolleyes:

From this list here, it seems like you're not going to be very happy with the probable Smash 4 roster. :laugh:

If you have any characters that should NOT be in the next Smash game, please leave a few.
Personally, as others have said, I'm mostly against 3rd parties getting more than one rep from their series. Other than that, there are characters I'd like to see get in over others, but I don't really have any characters I really don't want to see (of the characters with actual chances for Smash).

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Says the guy who made a Obi-wan for Smash 4 thread in the User Blogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom