• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character should be a secondary for a sonic mainer?

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
I heard that zelda should be used by sonic mainers, but I think that it should be a different character.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
If you like fast characters (my guess is you do since you chose Sonic) you mgiht want to try Zamus.

I had no intention on maining her but I really like her style.

But really, it comes down to who you want to play.

distr0ia

Smash Apprentice
someone proficient at stalling/gimping recoveries, as Sonic's game relies upon it

I dunno, try Wario

Wario is the man. like Sonic, he can get back from far below the stage and his dair is great while he's out there (or anytime)...you know, I think practicing with Sonic has made me a bit more confident in my off-stage game with other characters now

FrostByte

Smash Lord
At this moment, we don't have enough information on character specific counters, so there's no way to tell. Unless you're talking about the characters' styles.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Well, the point of a secondary is someone who can counter an enemy that would pick on the weaknesses of the main. Since Sonic's weaknesses are priority and killing power, I'm thinking a middle-heavyweight with some good ranged attacks. Snake comes to mind, but that's like learning an entirely new metagame. And besides, there's that...well, you know...

andy6915

Smash Rookie
Because I like Metroid so much, I've somewhat mained Samus. I say somewhat because I haven't kept up with everything discovered like I have with Sonic, so it's only a slight main. I haven't really tried mastering her yet. Either way though, she's so different from Sonic that it's fun, and breaks it up when Sonic gets tiresome.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
I have an arsenal of Sonic, Marth, Ness, Pit

Speed, Strength (also broken), Anti Light arrow spam, Not light arrow spamming unless i need to.

But ya, whatever you feel comfy with.

@ Boxob.....your a jerk.....sonic hates you....lol jk

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Im still trying to figure out what characters I win the most matches with. Its a hard decision, my Toon Link and Link are seemingly tied, my Metaknight got alot better, still needs improvement but has alot of potential to become my secondary or even my main. Lucario and Kirby are just easier to win with for me. And Sonic just isnt looking so great right now. Sonic's probably like my third best character in this game. But Im still trying hard with him. So either Lucario or Kirby are my seconday's for now.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
A good secondary character for a sonic mainer would be Sheik or Lucario. Sheik is both fast and depending how you play sonic, she is very similar. Lucario is a possibility just because he is a good character with a good play style. I also use Pit.

So my mains are: Sonic; Sheik; Lucario; Pit

I've been told that I play best as Sonic and Lucario so that is why I suggested Lucario. I figured that if he is one of my better characters then him and Sonic would be useful together.

Top Bottom