• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character has the highest potential when the game is played perfectly?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
In the time it takes to shoot the arrows, I'm sure a projectiled character can hit you.

Levitas

the moon
note that in perfect play, jumping is out of the question. If you jump, you have to land, and landing means landing lag, unless the matchup permits you by giving you a faster aerial speed than they have ground speed (projectiles accounted for), and that requires retreating too.

MK doesn't care about frame 1 attacks because he outranges all of them anyway. Whoever uses ANY attack is at a disadvantage in brawl.

Nobody wins in this format.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
MK cares about frame 1 attacks, because if he tries to outrange them they PS and grab. So in perfect play, ZSS and squirtle just walk up and punch him, and if he reacts they punish. the 10 characters I listed can attack without being disadvantaged.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Who's gonna grab MK if he keeps Dtilting?

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Someone using a shield grab after PSing his attack when he attacks. Every single one of the 10 characters I listed has an option, be it Pits arrows, snakes grenades, robs disc/laser, peachs turnip, diddy's nanner, ICs blizzard, PT with razor leaf or flamethrower, Tinks bomb/arrow/wrang, D3 f-tilt/grab, ZSS b/side-b/grab/throw armor. Attacking is bad for MK.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Jumping is still a bad idea, yeah. And Straked, are you saying there are no options that beat d-tilt? I call shenanigans.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, I'm saying that no character can GRAB fast enough to beat 2 Meta dtilt.
Anyone like Lucas or ZSS can just jab him iirc.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
regardless, it doesn't matter about whether they could grab him, in some way shape or form if a meta attacks in frame perfect play they will get punished. Maybe not grabbed, but there are tons of options, and meta is no more viable than before.

Lezz21

Smash Rookie
if by perfect u mean that if u play with ur charter to the 100% of how they were made to play by the developers , That mean using the right moves at the right time in every situation. it would have to be
fox sonic, lucario.
perfect shielding rules out them projectiles. 80% of the time.
fox- cuz of his up-smash at 80%-100% range
sonic cuz of his punsishing speed
lucario- cuz hes not that slow and his blast can set up to a smash move.

at the end of the day if every chater played to their 100% they would take damage but in the end these 3 would come up with a kill the fastest

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
If we played how the developers wanted, then we'd be playing with all items on WarioWare lmao.

Lucario's attack speed is too slow.

Sonic gets outranged by disjointed hitboxes.

Fox doesn't have effective tools to get his opponent to that range, and Usmash is too slow to be effective.

Lucario has slow kill moves.

Sonic sucks at killing.

Fox is a punishing character, and if his opponent isn't making mistakes, he has nothing to punish.

MK wins.

Lezz21

Smash Rookie
lmao...
but lucario can create space cuz of his energy attacks. so u space n anticipate plus d-air is pritty quick but ur right he is kidda slow.

sonic can counter disjointed hit boxes by his nutral b with some space plus he has invicablity frames on the start up on of spin dash -_-

fox has his lazers that can deal damage for staying there too long plus there moves that cause enough stun to make up smash 99% or maybe 100% safe lol.

nasir123

Smash Ace
honestly every1 would be the best if played perfectly DUHHHHH

but yea probly olimar because he is amazingly broken and just a gimo is what hurts him so ya juss dun get hit off the screen as olimar and GG to the other player :p

or my second choice would definantaly be kin de de de or tied with Wario

ConeZone

Smash Ace
I would say Wolf just because I have seen what one of my friends is capable of with Wolf and it is disgusting...I can't even touch him

LuLLo

Smash Ace
If you play a character perfectly there would be no potential left dudes :p...
But anyways, I don't really know which char would be best if in the hands of a supercomputer or anything, but my guesses are the ones with a variety of projectiles, like (Toon)Link and Snake.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Yes, but if that was all we wanted to hear, this thread wouldn't still be open. (I just confused myself)

Top Bottom