• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I voted for Tetra from The Wind Waker. My reasons being that she could have a pirate based move set, something that Smash currently doesn't have. She would also represent more of the cel shaded art style of the Zelda franchise along with Toon Link.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I have a BUNCH of people I'd vote, but right now I've voted Wolf :wolf:. I know it's a basic pick, but the sooner he's in for me the better. Plus if he's in before October, then I'll be changing my vote. Speaking of my other candidates, they are, in ascending order (via number of *s):

1. *** Ice Climbers :popo:: No, I don't believe the 3DS isn't powerful enough spiel... not yet. What I believe is that though Sakurai had difficulty implementing them into the 3DS, to quote: "Sakurai intentionally gave the Ice Climbers a low priority on returning" for some odd reason. Plus let's be honest, with chain grabs being very nerfed in Sm4sh, it would be a shame to lose their unique gameplay. P.S. I see little point in adding just one of 'em back in, it would defeat the whole purpose of their character in my eyes.
  2. ** Medusa: Why Medusa you ask? Because that would make her the first female villain to be playable in smash and if there's anything I've learned about new characters is that new females and new villains are always an excellent addition to the roster. She has history too and I'm pretty sure Sakurai would create an awesome move set for her. If anyone believes that would make too many Kid Icarus characters, I'll just say I pretend that Dark Pit doesn't count. Why would you do that Sakurai!?
  3. ** Chorus Kids: Though one of the more outlandish picks of mine and I'm not terribly familiar with the Rhythm Heaven series, the mere idea of the character was enough to catch my interest. When the Gematsu leak first listed them, I hated the idea, but then they slowly grew on me: "Hm, what COULD you do with these 3 small fighters?". Now, they have the most potential to be nothing like we wanted them to be, as Personally I'd like all 3 of them to be in the character (but act as 1, not like ICs) and be 3D yet cell shaded, but the sheer thought of what could be done with the character gets me curious.
  4. * Takamaru: He is an assist trophy right now, so I have no idea about his credibility, but if Sakurai said he was planned, it makes me curious to see how he would play. Plus he has his history, as his game was released around the same time as The Legend of Zelda and he's been seen here and there ever since.
  5. * Snake :snake:: Snake may have been higher on my list as a veteran, but his 3rd party status makes me completely unsure, plus I won't be too down if he doesn't return. That said, his move set is really unique for a smash fighter, so it would be cool to see his return if he does.
I have plenty of other characters I'd like to see in too, but I can't find as good of reasons why, at least for my taste. They include:
  • King K. Rool
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Krystal
  • Rayman - I actually have tonnes of reasons for him, but I'm not holding my breath for 3rd parties.
And a few others. There are some other characters I have good reasons for, but they're much more obscure and would like to save who they are after some of my higher priority characters are picked (if they are).

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
Just like before release, my top two most wanted characters are Ridley and Isaac.

Never give up! Never surrender! Voting Ridley all day, everyday! :V

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
Simon Belmont from Castlevania series. He was a major part of 8-bit and 16-bit era for Nintendo. As a character, it would be such a different character since his primary weapon is a whip. As opposed to a sword, brawler or a gunner character. But seriously, what a character to pay tribute to. He even was part of the cast of Captain N. :)
If they bring him, there would be no reason why Snake could not be included, since both are Konami brand characters.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I think it's pretty obvious that I voted for Dixie Kong. She is an iconic character to the DK series and Nintendo in general, and I think she is a perfect fit for a fighter.

Hoo Ha stigma aside, I think she has the potential to be a very different character from Diddy. Dixie could use her ponytail for most of her normals; she could swing it around for her Smash attacks and aerials, she could whip opponents with it, and she could use it for a tether grab/tether recovery. Not to mention that she is known in the DK games for being a character who spends a lot of time in the air, and this could translate into her being a floaty, aerial-based character in Smash (think Jigglypuff or Pit/Dark Pit with a ponytail and Diddy's body type). Additionally, in all of her ponytail's hitboxes, I think there could be a sweetspot close to the base, and a sourspot at the tip, which would make spacing important. She could play a bit like Roy in that regard.

As for specials, Dixie has a Bubblegum Popgun from Tropical Freeze for a fireball/vitamin-esque projectile, and she has a guitar that she could use to charge up and attack opponents with a sound wave. She also could have access to the rocket bongos from Barrel Blast, spit a wad of bubblegum onto the ground to use as a sticky trap, or she could have a Side-B grab like Bowser or Ganondorf, where she uses her hair to grab opponents and spin them around.

Last edited:

Alpha Kong

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlphaKong
Hey also another quick idea, even though I am not going to vote for him (but I might because we don't know if they can track our multiple votes) but Black Shadow from F-Zero, since Samurai Goro is an AT

jamzthehedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JamzTheHedgehog
I really want the Splatoon characters in Smash 4. I think I'm gonna vote for them. They could have a really interesting move set based around marking your territory on the stage.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm.... nothing's...coming to mind...

Nope! Nothing!

King K. Rool. My only choice and want.
I can't be frivolous about this. Voted twice. Once to vote, once to make sure.

I was careful about my write-up. Not just in character limit. I took what they were asking as seriously as I could. Plainly I told them why. What the character means to me, why he could be a good character to play as and a little summation. A bow on it if you will.
Both votes had unique responses too. My desire for this character, I could go on for pages and it may not be enough. But they asked me a question and I gave an answer. A real, honest answer.

This is opportunity, folks. I shan't waste it.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Inklings. I think a representative of one of Nintendo's new IPs is important, and they are fantastic characters. Their move set could be crazy unique too, with a focus on spreading ink to increase your mobility.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hakkun (Sutte Hakkun)
Because at the end of the day, there's always room for at least one surprise character.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I voted for Simon Belmont, Shovel Knight, and Isaac (Golden Sun). I don't feel like any of those three are particularly likely, but one can hope. Would Nintendo have licensing issues if they wanted to add a Castlevania character?
Castlevania is a Konami property, so any issue attribute to Snake would also apply here. I would love Simon (and Bomberman, since we are talking about Konami reps) but I doubt he'll make it in. He is still worth our votes regardless!

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
Chibi Robo for three simple reasons:
1) I love his games! (especially the first one)
2) I love his character design!
3) Could have a very unique and fun move-set!

Graizen

Smash Champion
My vota goes for Agumon.
Beacouse i realy want to see Digimon vs Pokémon man.

Skjoett

Smash Cadet
Well it isn't exactly my votes, but here is my (quite lengthy) analysis of who I think will get in :-)

If I don't remember incorrectly, the ballot ends October or November. After that Sakurai and the sm4sh team will probably discuss and valuate which of the most voted for characters shall get in. After that we're definitely at the end of 2015, so the actual making of the ballot voted characters would first begin 2016.
Before the ballot ends though, I could very well see Wolf comming out in Q3, and maybe, just maybe, another character in Q4. My gut feeling though is that all we will see this year will be Mewtwo, Lucas and Wolf. Which I am completely fine with. Keep in mind though, none of these should have been affected/caused by the ballot votes, as they already where in the making/planned for before the ballot opened.

In 2016 I think there will come 2-3 characters, the latter if theres "only" 3 characters getting in this year. Who it will be I of course have no clue on at this point, though I do have some predictions myself. Here they are in no particular order:

- King K. Rool (whom my ballot vote went to) or Dixie Kong. The DK franchise just needs a 3rd representative, and after seeing the already huuuge demand for K. Rool (and because of some other factors), I am pretty convinced he will get in.
- Isaac. Now I must confess, I don't really know who this dude is, as I never have played the Golden Sun series before. He does though have what seems like a huge fanbase, and a huge demand in the ballots. So wouldn't be surprised to see him getting in.
- The Inklings (or one of them). To promote the Splatoon game (and franchise), though it will be a bit late to do it considering their game comes out soon. But, if the game sells well, I could see Nintendo wanting the Inklings in to promote the franchise as a whole, so many people recognize the Splatoon franchise in upcomming instalments. That, and there is also a rather big support for them on the ballot votes.

I dont think Ridley will come in since he already is a stage hazard, and Sakurai seems very adamant on putting him in the game.
Roy also has huuge support on the ballots as of thus far, but I just don't see a 5th FE representative get in. Especially considering that franchises like Zelda, DK, Starfox etc. are relatively under-represented.
Snake has a ton of votes as well, but I'm just not sure any third party characters will get in, (nearly) no matter the amount of support. And I also have a gut feeling that his apperance in Brawl was his last in the Smash series.
I don't think Waluigi will get in either, since he's an assist trophy already. Not that he is likely to get in anyways, but I see a lot of people who vote for him.
To end of with I don't expect any other Pokémon character, with Mewtwo there already is 6 representatives in sm4sh, which should be more than enough.

That is my complete analysis/predictions. Sorry it was pretty damn long, but I just love wondering about which characters will get in etc. It's like the pre-release hype all over again :D

Last edited:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I voted for K. Rool. He's from a major franchise that has only 2 fighters and no ATs. He would increase the villain count. His moveset could be a combo of his moves from DKC, DKC2 and DK64, which would make him a wacky, off-the-wall character that would fit in perfectly in a game like Smash.

Also, I wish this thread had a poll to see how the votes are adding up for various characters.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

I don't really care if there's too much Kid Icarus content. She is still my most wanted newcommer, and she can be unique. Really unique.

cybersai

Smash Ace
King K. Rool and Dixie. Also voted for Ridley for the hell of it.

I expect Wolf to return either way

CanadianMegaMan

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Gandrayda from metroid prime 3. She gives more metroid rep, while being a villain, and having a very interesting potential move set due to her ability to shapeshift.

She could have her own move set using the projectiles and electric attacks from her boss fight and have a neutral b similar to Kirby, but instead it copies everything but the neutral b of the character she copied. They could limit transformation time or something like that to balance it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I voted for Snake, K. Rool, Ridley (specifying the Super Metroid version, and that most people wouldn't care if he was scaled down as long as he was playable), Ice Climbers, and Bayonetta. I figure that there has to be some degree of leeway in terms of multiple people using the same computer (family members and whatnot), and as long as I'm not stuffing the ballot boxes by voting for the same character hundreds of times, it shouldn't be a serious problem.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I voted for Spyro the Dragon. The older audience knows him because of the nostalgic original and Legend of Spyro series and the younger audience can recognize him because of Skylanders. Also, his first game introduced an innovation in open world video games and he was a part of the interactive toys revolution. So Spyro is a pretty important and awesome character, in my opinion.

Am I the only who wants him in Smash? I don't know anyone else who has voted for Spyro. :(

Last edited:

Professor Q

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProfessorZE
3DS FC
4485-0342-7950
I vote for Shadow The Hedgehog because his awesome. But not just that he got neat move set of his own that can make thing a bit more fun. I mean come on if Little Mac going to get a promotion then Shadow should not be any different.

I also vote for Tails Miles Power.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
First of all, I didn't vote for anyone that was already an Assist Trophy, Pokeball Pokemon, or Stage Boss. Here's the popular-ish characters that are under this category:

Ridley
Takamaru
Ashley
Dark Samus
Ghirahim
Isabelle
Saki
Samurai Goroh
Shadow
Skull Kid
Starfy
Tingle
Waluigi

I ended up voting for Ice Climbers, Wolf, Inkling, and King K. Rool.

ChainArmour712

Smash Cadet
I voted for Sora, from the Kingdom Hearts series!

I'm hoping that if he gets enough votes then Disney will be open to a deal, just him and none of the other disney characters being mentioned shouldn't be too controversial.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I don't really care if there's too much Kid Icarus content. She is still my most wanted newcommer, and she can be unique. Really unique.
Hooray for more Medusa love! All she has to do is compete with both Viridi and Hades in the long run.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'm an indecisive fool so I voted two times.

My first vote went to Simon Belmont of the Castlevania franchise, his first two games were on NES and Super Castlevania 4 was on Super Nintendo. I think Simon would be a really good mid to long range fighter with the use of his whip and his various sub weapons like the throwing axe and the boomerang cross.

Honestly when I was writing my reason for Simon I thought, "Wait a minute, this guy uses holy water and the cross as a weapon, would they really allow a character with these kinds of religious references?" I dunno but I'll still hope.

My second vote was Shovel Knight, the Wii-U was Shovel Knight's first home console along with the 3DS being his first handheld and, honestly if there's any Indie character that should be in Smash I think it should be Shovel Knight because his game captures the essence of many classic Nintendo titles, it's practically a Super Nintendo game in the modern age that borrows from NES classics such as Mario 3, Zelda 2, Duck Tales, Mega Man, Castlevania, ect. and I think he'll fit in as well as Mega Man did.

Move set wise, Shovel Knight's standard attack commands would be various attacks with the shovel, whereas his special attacks would make use of his relics/sub weapons.

I really don't care which one of the two happens to make it and it wouldn't bother me if neither of them made it.

By the way are there any threads supporting these characters? I've been looking and couldn't find any.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm an indecisive fool so I voted two times.

My first vote went to Simon Belmont of the Castlevania franchise, his first two games were on NES and Super Castlevania 4 was on Super Nintendo. I think Simon would be a really good mid to long range fighter with the use of his whip and his various sub weapons like the throwing axe and the boomerang cross.

Honestly when I was writing my reason for Simon I thought, "Wait a minute, this guy uses holy water and the cross as a weapon, would they really allow a character with these kinds of religious references?" I dunno but I'll still hope.

My second vote was Shovel Knight, the Wii-U was Shovel Knight's first home console along with the 3DS being his first handheld and, honestly if there's any Indie character that should be in Smash I think it should be Shovel Knight because his game captures the essence of many classic Nintendo titles, it's practically a Super Nintendo game in the modern age that borrows from NES classics such as Mario 3, Zelda 2, Duck Tales, Mega Man, Castlevania, ect. and I think he'll fit in as well as Mega Man did.

Move set wise, Shovel Knight's standard attack commands would be various attacks with the shovel, whereas his special attacks would make use of his relics/sub weapons.

I really don't care which one of the two happens to make it and it wouldn't bother me if neither of them made it.

By the way are there any threads supporting these characters? I've been looking and couldn't find any.
Both support threads do exist, you just got to search for them (They should be found on the first few pages since both topics were updated recently).

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I voted for Snake. But I also feel that Wolf and Ice Climbers should also come back.

For new characters. I think K.Rool, Shantae, Marshal, Isaac, Ridley, and Inkling are all good choices.

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
Ridley. I know he's already in the game, but I just like his (older) design (though I would be fine with other m's) and his back story and how it's connected to samus. Plus metroid needs another rep

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder what happens if you vote more than once?

I worry of them all being invalidated.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
Wolf because... Well, just take a look at my sig and profile picture. :p

DroveSour

Smash Cadet
I voted for Maxwell from Scribblenaus. It would be really cool to see a character like him join the fight.

Top Bottom