• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Ridley, and yes I actually want him in the game not for Etika, but because of his icon status with nintendo

Not_Ikely

Smash Rookie
I voted Aegislash.

Switching between shield and sword form could be very strategic and versatile. If it matched the real game, Aegislash would change forms automatically as it attacks and then could retreat with king's shield which punishes contact attacks against it. Many of the new characters in smash 4 they have tried very hard to innovate (shulk, greninja with the shadow sneak shenanigans, pac-man, rosaluma, ect), so it seems like they are looking for something new, though this would be similar to shulk but not the same. Smash also needs more XY pokemon not red/blue.

Runner ups:
Hector from FE7
Lyn: bow and arrow projectiles, faster, but too many FE sword fighters at this point
Slippy Toad: could be a different take on fox/falco with more projectiles from star fox assault, tribute to new star fox game
Tyranitar/Scizor: pokemon that could work well in the game

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Isaac. I wanted to show people that there is room for more than one blonde JRPG protagonist in Smash.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Voted for Kirlia, since my original choice wasn't a video game character, plus Kirlia is one of my favorite Pokemon and 3rd Gen really needs a rep.

Only issue is it's moveset.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I voted for Ridley, myself; the more votes he gets means the more awareness Sakurai has of his popularity and thus profitability (because even his detractors would probably end up buying the DLC so they could beat him up. :p), and any chance I have of having Ridley playable in a future game (or, if I'm really lucky, this one) is a chance I want to use to support him.

Space Pirates Never Falter, after all! ;)

TimeWarpedBrawler

Smash Apprentice
My vote was for the party of Bravely Default.
The four of them could just be alternate models on the same character, like with Bowser Jr. and the miscreants Koopa Kids.
With the standard 4 colors being their freelancer outfits and the other 4 being their alt. costume equipment.
And with 24 job that each character can select, they could make easily make a moveset.
With the sequel coming out soon, it would be perfect time to do it.
But alas, I don't have much faith.

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Klonoa, cause he seems like one of the most unique characters to choose from and has already been in a Namco Xover title with Capcom, made by Monolith Soft. His chances aren't all that good but I personally would love to see him in.

noshadowkick

Smash Rookie
I voted for Simon Belmont, Shovel Knight, and Isaac (Golden Sun). I don't feel like any of those three are particularly likely, but one can hope. Would Nintendo have licensing issues if they wanted to add a Castlevania character?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I... haven't exactly decided yet. I'm still pondering on whether a female or a villain should be included. We could use more of both, frankly. And a female villain would be even better. If we can't have any, the next best option would be to simply increase the number of representatives for a series that doesn't have enough. For a woman fighter, I've been thinking of Dixie Kong. She was supposed to be in Brawl alongside Diddy Kong before she got cut, and I think she would have had a unique moveset. I can't list a villain from the top of my head, but I'm afraid that Ridley is out of the question. He's far too big, and to scale him down would be ludicrous. While I do think Metroid needs more characters, this setback impacts the game far more than if he wasn't. Not to mention, Mario and Bowser's size difference is more closer than Samus's and Ridley's. Isaac would be an interesting nominee, so I think I'll vote for him in the end.

Last edited:

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
I may have voted for like 9 characters... couldn't control myself...

1. Wolf
2. Roy
3. King K. Rool
4. Bandana Dee
5. Captain Toad
6. Impa
7. Tetra
8. Black Mage
9. 4th Mii Fighter (I mentioned Mii Mage and Mii Sportsman in my explaination)

I think they all deserve a chance and I'm not sure how votes work for this but I submitted them from different computers, so...

Zero-Robot

Smash Rookie
I voted for Sceptile

We need a grass type pokemon!! #Sceptile4Smash

(... I like K. Rool too)

Ai <3 Punk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aipunk
3DS FC
3883-6832-1213
i voted wonder red bc "I'm the Special Combat Agent, CENTINELS Planetary Secret Service, Blossom City Field Office! Also known as...Wonder-Red!" i wonder does it even matter to vote bc we know snake or king k rool will win (still will play then though)

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Voted for Banjo-Kazooie duo.

I'm not sure whether or not it's even a possibility considering they're not Nintendo anymore.. oh well I saw a facebook post earlier about how these people are going to vote for Banjo-Kazooie and it gained some insane steam.. at least 25,000 likes were on it.

People seem to really want the character. It would be very unique, I remember in Banjo-Tooie, there were so many different moves you could do.

Edit: Important question; Is this ballot supposed to be for the current Smashbros game as DLC(Wii U/3DS), or are they planning to save this for the next smash bros?

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I ended up voting for the great fairy from Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Hyrule Warriors

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Voted for Isaac from the Golden Sun Series.

Isaac, because he is the main character of Golden Sun and the Golden Sun series has only two songs in SSB4. Isaac is an Earth Alchemist (Magic) which no other character in Smash Brothers has used or uses, making him a unique and interesting character to play as.

Being a long time Nintendo series since 2001 makes Golden Sun a series that should have at least 1 character in the game. Nothing else has been revealed about Golden Sun in SSB4.

Ascended

Smash Ace
I (controversally) voted for Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII because Final Fantasy is my all time favorite video game franchise, and I love Cloud (despite 8 and 10 being my favorites), and Cloud VS Link is my video game dream match. (Ocarina of Time and FFVII were the two games that seriously got me into gaming.)

I also threw a vote in for Ridley just because.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
What I was also thinking of but decided not to vote, is SERPERIOR!

Serperior would be a very unique fighter because I have not seen anyone make a fighter out of a serpent. Serperior also completes the Starter pokemon group (including Charizard and Greninja), each representing a different generation.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I voted King K Rool because:
-the game lacks heavyweights
-the game lacks villains
-Donkey Kong series is highly underrepresented
-I am Dk fan

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Symphonia 2)

Reason: Awesome moveset, two swords, and the games he's from are Namco games (both originally on Nintendo consoles).

Shadow the Hedgehog

Reason: He's got the Chaos powers. I only want him in if they don't make him a complete clone of Sonic though.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
what would you guys think of micheal jackson in smash 4? With a moveset similar to micheal jackson moonwalker.

He could kind of be like wii fit trainer in a way, except he uses dance moves. And his final smash could be some sort of group dance routine with a song playing if they can get the rights.

Michael jackson the experience also came out for 3ds and wii.

Is this idea realistic at all?

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
what would you guys think of micheal jackson in smash 4? With a moveset similar to micheal jackson moonwalker.

He could kind of be like wii fit trainer in a way, except he uses dance moves. And his final smash could be some sort of group dance routine with a song playing if they can get the rights.
He is a real human being so I don't think he would be a good choice.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

Andy because I think he would be a very unique character, with his ability to use military units to assist him. As for Toad I think it's about time he got into Smash as a character, especially as he's been playable in pretty much every Mario game since the Wii and many before that.

Toad is also the only major character from the original Super Mario Bros to not yet be playable.

I also deliberately moved away from obvious choices (K. Rool and Dixie for example) and character that appear as Assist Trophies and Stage Hazards (Ridley and Dillon for example). If I had my pick of anybody I would probably go for Dillon over Andy.

Last edited:

The ElectrOStudios

Smash Cadet
NNID
JOhm14
3DS FC
0662-4659-1255
Switch FC
SW 2863 8195 2119
I voted for Tails, because he's Sonic's sidekick, and he has potential to be an awesome new fighter. Plus if he became playable, the Mario and Sonic rivalry could be brought to a whole new level, with their sidekicks fighting alongside them. If there's gonna be a second spot on the roster for the Sonic franchise, I think Tails deserves that spot more than anyone else. Unlike Shadow, he has enough of his own unique abilities that could easily set him apart from Sonic.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So far wolf anf king k rool but probably going to vote for the following as well (not to fast anyway probably get the last one at the begining of june.)

Captain toad
One rythem heaven character (need to figure out which one)
wonder red
Viridi
And sylux

And thats it thats going to be it.

EDIT: i almost forgot about viridi

Last edited:

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
I would definitely agree, but sadly, I think we already have enough characters for this franchise. I believe the 2 series that need a new character is either Donkey Kong or Kirby. I voted for Bandana Waddle Dee because he needs more love and he could be really unique.
Oh, I totally agree that there are other franchises that deserve more reps. Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Metroid could all use an extra rep. Part of my logic is that Mario and Pokemon (and Zelda, actually) are Nintendo's strongest franchises, and if Mario can get away with eight reps, I feel like Pokemon and Zelda deserve to be up there, too. And...I like the novelty of having a full party of Pokemon in the roster :p

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I voted for Ridley (Yeah I know it's not happening), but I'm thinking of voting a second time for Paper Mario and a third time for Pokémon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Bandanna Dee because he has one of the most staple weapon types in fighting yet absolutely nobody in Smash uses (the closest being Marth's Rapier), he's the last member of the Kirby "Quartet" of protagonists, and has a fairly wide movepool f you consider all the various weaponry that the Waddle Dee's have used across the series.

BANDANNA DEE.... WADDLES IN!

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I voted for:

- Dixie Kong (important DK character, DK needs love!)

- King K. Rool (Bowser, Ganondorf but no DK villian? Villians need love! DK needs love!)

- Isaac (Isaac is missing as assist trophy? Thats really strange. This is our chance! Golden Sun needs love!)

- Wolf (Villians need love! Star Fox needs love!)

Please vote for this four people and make the best character fighting game in the world!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sophitia, my top choice from Soul Calibur and my most dreamed after Mega Man. BTW I see many similar threads, maybe they should merge them.

Top Bottom