• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what char goes good with marth?

Holyknight_127

Smash Rookie
I use marth as main. I want to use a second character. What would be possibly the best secondary character that goes goes against marth's disadvantages?

Ipwn

Smash Apprentice
He seems to have no projectiles.. but you can play very aggresive and dont need them
maby somone with projectiles?

I preffer agresive/ combo potential. so I choose Marth/Sheik/Cf.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Well alot of marth mains,like myself,use fox as a secondary char just because he can handle other quick characters like himself.(also ken uses fox as secondary so i guess i might be a good idea)

Shade_

Smash Ace
Peach, peach goes good with anybody actually.

And falco, falco's range makes up for marths lack of it.

MASSIVE LOAF

Smash Rookie
I find Captain Falcon is pretty easy to pick up if you know Marth pretty well. They both make use of timed and spaced aerials so maybe that is a similarity that makes it easier. My Marth hs a little trouble with Peach but my CF can handle her pretty decently. And like Shade said, Peach goes good with a lot of characters.

Space animals are also not a bad idea either so you have a pretty wide range of characters to choose from.

juggernautmarth

Smash Rookie
I play marth, not **** good, but i can play and im practcing to be as badass as you guys, but my alt is Dr. Mario, so idk, tell me if you think thats a lil wak or if its good becuz they are completely different. I find doc quite fun to use and easy, and i beat my friends alts lol with doc.

Mahjong

Smash Cadet
like marcookker said i think iceclimers are good if ya want a counter for shiek and a player dats fun to use.

by fun i meant not serious like high tier char

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Sheik is definitely really easy to pick up. She has an excellent projectile which Marth lacks. Also, her edgeguarding is good, which is a similarity to Marth.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
ew, but their wavedash timings are so different.

makes me feel all funny.

Falcon/Marth ftw
The only problem with the Falcon/Marth combo is that Sheik counters both. So either learn the matchup REALLY WELL or pick up a character to counter Sheik. I'm learning ICs myself, but space animals are almost as good against Sheik. Unfortunately ICs and spacies take a lot of work to master, so you could also just learn Sheik, which should take you about 10 minutes.

I hate Sheik. Grr. :mad:

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
I use Marth / Y.Link / Falcon myself.

I have a mix of disjoints, projectiles, speed, and raw killing power =P

Honestly, Id say anything with projectiles is a good secondary to Marth, just to throw off your opponents.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
space animals counter sheik? i play both falco and sheik and i've always felt it was pretty even.

Top Bottom