• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What challenges should I use my golden hammers on?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd use the Golden Hammer on the tasks below.

Clear 100-Man Brawl with all characters
Clear All-Star on Intense difficulty

However, the Golden Hammer is useless on the tasks below.

Tasks involving the Boss Battles game mode
Clear Classic on Intense difficulty

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Actually, you can clear All-Star on Intense using continues and still get the Mewtwo trophy.

I strongly recommend using it on the Cruel Brawl challenges (Beat 5 enemies/ 10 Enemies)

I stupidly used mine on the ones that involved beating Target Smash at High Speeds that aren't even that high.

renshai117

Smash Cadet
I recommend using them on challenged that do not require any skill and do not reward you. The only such challenges are the "break the targets level _ with all characters." I used all my hammers on those because they are stupid wastes of time. At least classic with all characters gives you a trophy each time, same with all star, you get nothing for break the targets, its just a not-fun zero-reward grind that by completing it proves nothing about your skill. I personally have completed all the other challenges except for stickers, of which I need two more, and I also only need 2 more trophies.

P.S., using it for the time trials is not recommended, that requires some skill, isn't that hard, doesn't take long, and is actually kind of fun. You can beat all the time trials in the time it would take to grind through break the targets level 1 with all characters.

renshai117

Smash Cadet
Actually, you can clear All-Star on Intense using continues and still get the Mewtwo trophy.

I strongly recommend using it on the Cruel Brawl challenges (Beat 5 enemies/ 10 Enemies)

I stupidly used mine on the ones that involved beating Target Smash at High Speeds that aren't even that high.

Cruel brawl is rediculously easy, just use jiggly-puff and float back and forth under the level while lureing out the enemies, you will have it beat in 2 or three minutes. Here is a vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPTo_e5Un2M

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recommend using them on challenged that do not require any skill and do not reward you. The only such challenges are the "break the targets level _ with all characters." I used all my hammers on those because they are stupid wastes of time. At least classic with all characters gives you a trophy each time, same with all star, you get nothing for break the targets, its just a not-fun zero-reward grind that by completing it proves nothing about your skill. I personally have completed all the other challenges except for stickers, of which I need two more, and I also only need 2 more trophies.

P.S., using it for the time trials is not recommended, that requires some skill, isn't that hard, doesn't take long, and is actually kind of fun. You can beat all the time trials in the time it would take to grind through break the targets level 1 with all characters.
You must be joking. NEVER use any Golden Hammers on the Target Smash tasks. They're a cake walk once you know where the targets are.

renshai117

Smash Cadet
You must be joking. NEVER use any Golden Hammers on the Target Smash tasks. They're a cake walk once you know where the targets are.
I didn't say they were hard, I said they were boring. I already finished every challenge and had fun with all of them except those. ( I still need two more stickers, which admitedly, it is no longer fun to sticker farm ) But like I said, to do break the targets requires about zero skill (as you said, it's a cake walk) and provides zero fun and zero reward. All of the other challenges were either fun or big milestones or learning opportunities. So like I said earlier, save yourself some time grinding (grinding is sitting in front of a game going through a repetitive task that generally isn't any fun btw) and go do something more fun. I reiterate, the timed tasks are a fun challenge, the "use every character" tasks are just stupid and long and you get no tangible reward for them that you wouldn't get using the hammer. Really, I can't think of a better task to use them on because you would be cheating yourself out of fun.

Chamiso

Smash Cadet
Don't know about anyone else but I'm kind of tempted to use a hammer on the last challenge I have left which is collecting all the stickers I already completed all the other challenges without using the hammers. Just because I'm tired of spectating when wifi actually works and tired of the factories.

renshai117

Smash Cadet
Don't know about anyone else but I'm kind of tempted to use a hammer on the last challenge I have left which is collecting all the stickers I already completed all the other challenges without using the hammers. Just because I'm tired of spectating when wifi actually works and tired of the factories.
Well, this is a personal decision really, how many stickers do you have and how long have you been working on it? How much do you actually care about getting the seven-hundred stickers as opposed to the single trophy. Also, there is the small matter of whether a hammer will even work on that challenge, I don't believe that it does though i didn't try myself. My goal is equally the sticker trophy behind the glass and the seven hundred stickers themselves, so gold-hammering it wouldn't cut it for me. If you don't have any fun going after the stickers and the hammer works, then your only option is to break the glass. Video-games exist to be fun, right?

Chamiso

Smash Cadet
For awhile now alternating between the main methods of spectating for coins/stickers, sticker factory and intense sse. I only have around 15 more stickers to go and about 5 trophies I probably won't hammer it at all it's just the only one that is tempting me since it is the last challenge that I have left lol. Most of the others I saw no point in using the hammer just because the process of getting one of them also sent you on the path if not completing another challenge at the same time.

GoldA

Smash Rookie
I would recommend not using the hammer at all,
the way I see it, I'll complete all the challenges eventually.
Plus, there's nothing better then the satisfaction that you were able to complete every last challenge and still have all the gold hammers unused.

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
I've beaten Classic Mode and All-Star on Intense, btw. :D Man, those "Team <insert character here>" matches are hard.

EDIT: God, that's a strict word filter. :p Can't even say the "D- word". This feels like second grade all over again. :(

EDIT 2: Oh, also Cruel Brawl. Lucas's ^B recovery ftw. Got 15 kills.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I used them on
15 minute Brawl
Get all Final Smash Trophies
100-man Brawl with every character
(I don't remember, but it was another multi-man thing)
I plan to use the last one on "beat All-Star with every character", because I have nothing else to use it on

Nato.

Smash Cadet
Every challenges you can use a Hammer without too much regret :

Serious challenge & Time consuming
C02: Clear 100-Man Brawl with all characters. - Blue Alloy Trophy

Serious challenges (They can be easy but I can't complete them using only one foot)
A18: Defeat 5 enemies in Cruel Brawl. - Red Alloy Trophy
D16: Defeat 10 enemies in Cruel Brawl. - Liquid Snake (MGS: The Twin
Snakes) Sticker
C25: Clear All-Star on Intense difficulty. - Mewtwo Trophy
A16: Clear All-Star on Very Hard difficulty. - Dyna Blade Trophy
A06: Clear 100-Man Brawl in under 3 minutes, 30 seconds. - Ryuta Ippongi
(Ouendan 2) Sticker
B22: Clear the "Sproutage of the Flower Pikmin" Event. - Red Pikmin Trophy
D18: Clear the "Dark Link Duel" Event on Hard difficulty. - Hidden Mountain & Forest Music
D11: Clear the "Advent of the Evil King" Event on Hard difficulty. - Great Temple/Temple Music
C24: Clear "The Wolf Hunts the Fox" Event on Hard difficulty. - Star Wolf (Star Fox: Assault) Music
A32: Hit 45,000 ft. combined with all fighters' Home-Run Contest records. - Golden Hammer Trophy
A02: Clear Target Smash level 1 in under 15 seconds. - Palutena's Bow Trophy
D03: Clear Target Smash level 2 in under 19 seconds. - Excite Truck Music
A23: Clear Target Smash level 3 in under 20 seconds. - Ray MK III Trophy
A03: Clear Target Smash level 4 in under 32 seconds. - Cardboard Box Trophy
D08: Clear Target Smash level 5 in under 30 seconds. - Combo Cannon Trophy

Time consuming
D01: Collect all stickers. - Stickers Trophy
B32: Get 500 different trophies. - Baby Peach Trophy
A26: Collect trophies for all characters. - Creeping Chrysanthemum Trophy
D15: Collect Final Smash trophies for all characters. - Plusle and Minun Trophy
D10: Play over 100 hours of brawls. - Ashley Robbins Trophy
C01: Get 2,000 or more KOs in brawls. - Johnny Trophy

You only have 5-6 hammers, so do everything you can do in the "Serious challenges" section. If you REALLY can't complete them, then use an hammer. If you have completed everything in "Serious challenges" and still have some hammers left, now you can choose whatever you want to use them on in the "Time consuming" section

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'd use them on:

• 100 Man Brawl with every character
  • All-Star with every character
  • Get all Final Smash Trophies

...and the other two of your choosing. That's what I'd use them on if I weren't trying to beat them without using a hammer.

kirbario7

Smash Cadet
i personally used 2 on the play 50-100 hours of brawl and thats because of how you had to unlock mewtwo on the last i didn't want to do that again!

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I haven't used any hammers yet, and there's only 9 challenges left....pretty much all the ones left are "only a matter of time" trophies; ie: play Brawl mode a lot (I figure if I play it long enough, I'll get all the stickers and songs)...the only one that's been a repeated challenge for me is "Clear Boss Battles on Intense"...I've been tempted to use 1 Golden Hammer on that challenge and that challenge only, but I absolutely refuse to...I've gotten to Tabuu 4 times on Intense mode, and I've withered him down to 3/4 of his health...I just need to calm down and learn to take his wings-of-death in stride (once I am able to do that, I think I can beat him).

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't care about much of the prizes except for CDs. I am a music freak, so that's pretty self explanatory. And some of them I guess I need to wait before I attempt, on the account of I totally suck.

Just A Gamer

Smash Cadet
I'd use (if i hadn't wasted some of them >.<)

A. Cruel Brawl: 10 kos (I'd wasted hammers, so I had to do this one, dont reccomend)
B. 100-man with all characters. (nope, not going anywhere near this one)
C. 15 man minute if you dont enjoy running from a pair of alloys for 15 minutes
D. 100 hours...its not good for your wii to be left on overnight.
E. Whatever (*Wishes he could use this on his stickers, he's still stuck at 693)

Izak29

Smash Rookie
OMG...use one on beating 100-man melee w/everyone challenge. So many times have i gotten to the final 10- and died...

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
My little sister used the hammers on completely random challenges on me... Oh well.

A lot of the 1p mode things are more time consuming than they are hard. Beating All star, classic, boss battles with every character is pretty time consuming. But I've basically done it like this: do one random 1p mode thing a day. Eventually you'll beat them all.

Ixnay

Smash Rookie
Basically, I used the hammers on challenges that I figured that I wouldn't get eventually, like the 100-man melee challenges. If you think that you can get one of them even if it would take awhile (i.e. 50 hours of brawl, all star with every char), you definitely shouldn't waste a hammer on it.

Uncle_Donkey

Smash Rookie
I used my hammers on:
Beat Target Smash Level 4 with all characters
Beat Target Smash Level 5 with all characters
Collect all stickers
Beat 100-Man Brawl with all characters
Get 2000 KOs in Brawls

All I have left to do otherwise are Beat Boss Battles with 10 characters, 20 characters, and on Intense

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Personally, I don't like to use the hammers, I like to think every challenge is do-able and reasonably so, at least by someone with a little dedication. However, my brother did use one of our hammers on the 10 KOs in Cruel Brawl challenge, and I find this acceptable. I plan to do the 100-Man Brawl with all characters eventually, and I've come within 19 seconds of the 15-Minute Brawl (cursed Smart Bombs...). After that, I just have to actually take the time to do Classic, All-Star, and Boss Battles with everyone, but it won't be hard.

Smash Rookie
just use them on the ones that are hard for you............ i think

Top Bottom