• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What can Sheik do with the instant wall jump?

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
Is your edge game getting you down? Do you feel like your character lacks those extra options? I present to you an advanced technique to give you those extra options. A technique so sexy it doesn't work for Meta Knight OR Snake!

I give you The Instant Wall Jump!

This works for any character that can wall jump, which is:
-Captain Falcon
-Diddy Kong
-Falco
-Fox
-Lucario
-Mario
-Pikachu
-Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle only)
-Samus
-Sheik
-Sonic
-Toon Link
-Wolf
-Zero Suit Samus

How do I Perform the Instant Wall Jump?
  • Drop from the edge holding down
  • Do a quarter to half circle toward the stage from the down position with the control stick
  • Press the jump button during this control stick rotation
  • input attack and control stick direction to control air movement (you can move over the stage or away from the stage)

The timing is different for every character (Captain Falcon and Sonic seem to be the most difficult). The key to performing this correctly is quickness: it should appear as if you are simply doing a backward edge hop.
So, what can Sheik use this for?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
This allows you to play hide and seek while they are recovering. You hide under the ledge, they seek a safe return, you fair.
That is basically it's only safe use.

Way more effective to just do wall jump> boosted Vanish/wall cling gimps at YI.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Edit: Never mind what I said. I thought that the Instant wall jump didn't waste your second jump before the actual wall jump.

Judo777

Smash Master
I don't think this is really all that useful just cause you have to use your second jump on every stage but YI. I think a better option is to do turn-around needle cancel because then you can use your second jump with your fair or what ever aerial your using.

saviorslegacy

I don't think this is really all that useful just cause you have to use your second jump on every stage but YI. I think a better option is to do turn-around needle cancel because then you can use your second jump with your fair or what ever aerial your using.
Well if you are going to go that way then you are correct and incorrect at the same time.
Sheik has many different guarding ways. Here is what I have listed in the Diary:

Ledge tricks (while you are on the ledge):

Ledge drop> Fair/Nair> regrab the ledge
Ledge drop> jump> Needle’s
This will hit people a certain distance away from the ledge.
Remember, the ledge cancels all lag from the Needle’s. You can just be finishing Needle Storm and then grab the ledge. If done correctly you may even be able to set up a Fair/Nair combo allowing you to return to the stage if they are close enough to the ledge.
Ledge drop> B reversal> second jump> Bair
Bair has more reach than Fair/Nair.
Ledge drop> B reversal> second jump> Craqwalk
The idea is to just barely clear the ledge with your back to the stage.
From this position you can do a DSmash/f-tilt/whatever you want.
Ledge drop> second jump>wall jump> Bair
Ledge drop> second jump> wall jump> Fair
Ledge drop> chain> regrab
Use this to gain you invincibility frames back.
Ledge drop> DI away from the stage> chain hog
Use this as a safer version of edge hogging.
If you are dangling you can “retract the chain> ledge drop as soon as you grab the ledge> Bair”
You will Bair with invincible frames.
This is called invincible guarding.
Ledge drop> Vanish> regrab
Use this if you have used the chain three times.
Ledge drop> Vanish> DI away from the stage> (the hit box will come out)> regrab the ledge/reappear onto the stage

Granted, some of those options are planking, but I made it me friendly and I understand it. You just have to think the actions throught for you to understand it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I don't seem to understand how this is new or anyway more useful than the normal wall jump into aerial besides maybe a faint speed advantage am I missing something?

I watch the video for a bit but didn't see anything out of place..that and I got bored as he did diddy related things and not this "AT"

saviorslegacy

I don't seem to understand how this is new or anyway more useful than the normal wall jump into aerial besides maybe a faint speed advantage am I missing something?

I watch the video for a bit but didn't see anything out of place..that and I got bored as he did diddy related things and not this "AT"
I was to sleepy last night to really say anything on this so I'll repeat what I think.

This actually useful.
Not as a ledge guard, but for planking.
Bair has really good reach. So doing this> Bair is a really good idea. I haven't tested it but I bet you can do this> Bair> Needle's> regrab the ledge.

Basically this gives us a planking game. Since the one before was suffering really bad and we risked a stage spike doing leafs idea.

Top Bottom