• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Brawl has done to your life?

Ilex

Smash Ace
Lowered my grades -_-

During class I sit there and think of new strategies for Brawl instead of paying attention to the lesson. And tonight I played Brawl instead of studying for my physics unit exam. Ah well.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Absolutely nothing. The game takes little to no techskill, so I actually have more time for internet pronz related activities.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
It has made me #11 in the Alberta Power Rankings as Sonic. Canada/Sonic represent, yo. :p

Brawl rules. Melee rocks hardcore. Smash Bros. forever~

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Brawl has made me more obsessive over the game and imbued a desire to achieve a status in the Smash community that is respected as well as observed.

In laments terms, It made me want to be e-famus in Brawl.

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539
Brawl fulfilled my needs of months- maybe years worth of unlockables to keep me playing a LONG time. It also has all the fanfare I need with a ton of characters and gave possibilty for a list of characters for SSB4 even longer than just Nintendo with the addition of 3rd party characters. Anyway, brawl has given me a positive life. It actually got me inspired and it HELPED my grades.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yeah... I've been playing Brawl ever since it was released. Seems like a waste now but I love this game to much to consider that thought. haha.

This game was my friends favorite game as well. We enjoyed many matches together before he passed... because of cancer.

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... I've been playing Brawl ever since it was released. Seems like a waste now but I love this game to much to consider that thought. haha.

This game was my friends favorite game as well. We enjoyed many matches together before he passed... because of cancer.
i'm sorry for ur loss:(

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
I've barely played any other games since Brawl came out. Seriously, my standards for a video game have reached the Heavens- for better or worse. Nothing seems to be on Brawl's level. Now and then I'll hit Mario Kart Wii, DBZ TB3, Mario Strikers Charged, or The Godfather: Blackhand Edition... But seriously, its like 95% Brawl. I never get tired of it.

On the more negative side... > >... < <.... I sleep a lot less. Too busy.

Sliq

Smash Master
Raised my hopes and dashed them, not to mention dampering the Melee community immensely. Furthermore, it brought a lot of newbie *******es to pollute the forums with their idiocy.

Furthermore, it destroyed Jiano's will to go to any Smash tournaments, and made Overswarm think it's good.

Also, it ruined the Smash scenes chance of having a worthwhile tournament at EVO.

Brawl is basically George W. Bush. Comes into a good thing and ruins it on an extraordinary amount of levels, not to mention Brawl doesn't care about black people.

Adi

Smash Lord
Raised my hopes and dashed them, not to mention dampering the Melee community immensely. Furthermore, it brought a lot of newbie *******es to pollute the forums with their idiocy.

Furthermore, it destroyed Jiano's will to go to any Smash tournaments, and made Overswarm think it's good.

Also, it ruined the Smash scenes chance of having a worthwhile tournament at EVO.

Brawl is basically George W. Bush. Comes into a good thing and ruins it on an extraordinary amount of levels, not to mention Brawl doesn't care about black people.
^That.

10 Landmasters

XACE-K

Smash Master

lol

Well for me, Brawl is one of my favorite 10 games I've ever played which also includes Melee and SSB64. The only games I play nowadays are games from the Smash series.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Gotten me even more attracted to Nintendo. I consider that a good thing :smash:

SolarChimecho

Smash Apprentice
Brawl(or smash in general) gave me the impression of "too much" I've been playing too much smash and watched too many smash videos. Which led me to play other games like SSF4. With SSF4 stealing me away, i am missing smash right now. I haven't played smash regularly in 5/6 months :/

I need to get my fun for smash back(not gonna quit SSF4 since its also fun).

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Brawl(or smash in general) gave me the impression of "too much" I've been playing too much smash and watched too many smash videos. Which led me to play other games like SSF4. With SSF4 stealing me away, i am missing smash right now. I haven't played smash regularly in 5/6 months :/

I need to get my fun for smash back(not gonna quit SSF4 since its also fun).
I am in the same situation :upsidedown:

I think it is because I sort of poured an excessive amount of time in playing Brawl and it sort of became a habit instead of an entertainment. This happens to me with other games as well and usually after a nice break, the game becomes more attractive to play. Just gotta calm down with the everyday smashing heh :smash:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I played this version for less then a year..
So i guess its done nothing but cause me frustration for the time i played it

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
lolol, Epic bump Blea Gelo.

Oh, and Brawl is the reason i now have 8 GameCube controllers and a bigger TV screen because it displayed in black & white on the old TV i had because it was imported.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Even though i dont have wifi i have spent over 800 hours playing...

Every time I want to converse with my friends all i can think of talking about is Brawl, In class; I draw brawl characters, on the bus home; i listen to the brawl soundtrack, when i get home; my friends come over and vs me in brawl.

even now, when im writing this, i have a brawl song stuck in my head :/

I think im obsessed...

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
I've grown more social because of it (going to tourneys), I don't have a Wii so I don't spend numerous hours playing. :/

Signia

Smash Lord
i don't know either
dogysamich, tell us
This is why I look at the brawl boards... just to lol at you guys

GG:AC = Guilty Gear Accent Core (air dasher anime fighter, most technical game ever)
CVS2 = Capcom vs. SNK 2 (traditional 2D with SF and KOF characters)
AH = Arcana Heart (an airdasher with all loli characters)
a3 = Alpha 3. (As in Street Fighter Alpha 3)

smallmalf posts like a child. how the hell can an instrument be geeky anyway?

Also hilarious all the negative effects of Brawl when a similar topic on the Melee boards had nothing but positive responses

Top Bottom