• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What beats what?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Speaking in generalities, of course. Discuss any matchup and I'll list them by character. Could be interesting.

DITTOS

uair beats fair
early uair beats bair
bair beats fair
spaced fair beats bair
high ftilt beats SH aerials close in

vs MARTH
(Ganon's/Marth's)

bair beats nair
spaced bair beats fair
retreating fair beats nair
full jump fair dodges fsmash/utilt

vs SHEIK
see KK's post, lol

vs FALCON

high ftilt beats nair/knee approach (sometimes trade, be ready to DI; often requires a read)
retreating uair beats nair (hit him just as the first hitbox of the nair wiffs)
retreating bair beats aggressive/full speed approaches

vs PEACH

uair beats dair
uair beats fair

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Speaking from personal experience, Ganon's best moves against Sheik seem to be some mix of shield, up air, jab, f-tilt, d-tilt, and bair. Basically anything that doesn't have a significantly large start-up. I also think her style of spacing is conducive for down+B / side+B shenanigans because she mainly attacks from a stationary position (she stops when she f-tilts, her jump has low aerial mobility, etc). I wouldn't count on side+B / down+B or anything, but I think they're often better options than sidestep and "block + hold block" if there's a chance she'll miss the tech chase.

I dunno.

Bair, uair, up-angled f-tilt are pretty good against Sheik's aerials I think. Not perfect mix, because she has so much more speed and comparable hitboxes, but it always seems like those three give relatively good returns for Ganon.

Top Bottom