• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your thoughts about Christmas?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I stopped caring about Christmas when I stopped caring about presents. The gift exchange idea just sounds so...dumb. ~.~
As such, I've agreed with a lot of my friends to just not buy presents, and if you want to give them something, put some thought behind it (kekeke 4 pool lings).

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
What do I think of christmas.

Well, christmas is a time when everybody else gets tons of free awesome stuff that they've always wanted. Easily the ****tiest holiday in my childhood.

But for everyone else its awesome of course.

Its been a time of being thankful that I have a roof over my head, and that I'm alive, and how healthy I've been. Those are the only gifts I'll need anyways. Material items can go suck a ****.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I don't celebrate Christmas religiously (I think a lot of users here have already pointed out that Jesus wasn't born on that particular day). I do celebrate it because it's one time of the year where I can just relax for once and think of all the things I have done this year. Yeah, I know, New Year's Eve, but I hate that one because it has to involve everyone you know, call everyone you know and generally being disturbed by everyone who knows you -.-. For me, Christmas is just a family thing.

And I looove presents =D
(am I the only one who still isn't bitter about Christmas? It seems a lot of people are...which is a shame, really)

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I don't find 'clever' remarks amusing.

It's not the date, it's the celebration itself. Jesus isn't attached to Christmas. Christmas is about him.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
you know i use to feel the i guess you could say magic of christmas every year in grade school. now that im in a public school, they dont decorate or anything like that and so the past two years, although christmas time was here, it didnt feel like christmas for me. this year its happening again. i mean i know what christmas is about and everything but i dont feel that same magic feeling anymore. also now i see christmas as a huge advertisment/commercial campaign to see who can buy the most.

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
Im a christian but i mean im not going to start preaching to people especially considering all the wrong i do. Like imo Christmas is a time to spend with the family and give gifts to the people u like/love. Sure the actual reason is to celebrate Jesus birth and not to take anything away from that but if your not a christian it doesn't mean you can't enjoy the holiday with your family/friends. Go get a Christmas cookie give someone a gift card sip on some egg nog and watch the Christmas game! Hell of a day!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I celebrate Christmas for the spirit of the holiday rather than the religious aspects.... spending time with family and friends, being in the spirit of giving, etc.

It's grossly overcommercialized and used to make money, but I love the decorations, the exchanging of gifts, and "Christmas cheer," so it doesn't bother me too much.

Christmas just makes me happy... more than any other holiday. It's tough this year with the economy being what it is right now, but that just means I get to be more creative with my decorating/gift-giving.

Edit: Oh yeah, Christmas feasts = win.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Peeze

Smash Master
Basically the "pagans" had their celebrations to their gods while Christians had nothing. So to make them feel not left out, some genius merged the two, making the pagan celebration "holy".

Similar to picking candy out of the sewer wiping it off and eating it.

Top Bottom