• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your hobbies?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Assuming we're not including video games:

I write, edit video and graphics sometimes, and listen to music.

I also like to watch some certain TV shows and anime, digitally paint, and read.

I'm down for almost anything really /shrug

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Cars (Mainly Japanese cars), working on cars, racing, and listening to music.

I love being able to drive a car and take it to it's full potential as in using it of what it was engineered for. Legally of course on a track. Hoping to someday be able to do track days on all of my favorite famous tracks from the racing simulators that I play and spec racing as well.

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I collect action figures.

And I like reading. Especially about Paleontology. I am planning to get Gregory Paul's book Predatory Dinosaurs of the World which author Michael Crichton used as reference when writing Jurassic Park (which is the reason why Achillobator giganticus is mistaken for Velociraptor antirrhopus in the novels).

Last edited:

Convulsion

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToxicCocktail
3DS FC
0576-3737-3358
I play bass guitar on occasion. I'm trying to figure out the bassline to Dethklok - Rejoin.... it's tough stuff.
Oh, and I'm also trying to beat Final Fantasy 5 (the GBA version) before new years.
I play Smash Bros. sometimes too, apparently.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm pretty sure 80+% of my life consists of reading. I have the mandatory texts I have to read for school; the non-mandatory, yet still productive articles and literature I read on, to, and from the bus; the non-productive, escapist fictions I read when I can; and then online articles and swf.

So yeah, reading.

Other than that, philosophy, debating, and fiction through other mediums than text (t.v, movies, etc.).

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Besides video games, I enjoy reading. Whether its classic literature, blogs, comics, or some hostile youtube comment.

I am a collector of Toy Story action figures. As you might know, I love Toy Story and I collect everything from accurately-scaled figures to smaller, 6-inch repaints. I really wish toy companies could create accurate renditions of the toys...

I also like to draw. Last year, I drew Wario and a collection of random characters on paper.

I have an interest in game-making, specifically sprites and 3D modeling.

Well, I guess that's it....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Excluding video games

I got magic tricks, origami, model rockets, building projects (if you have makezine those type of projects) i do drafting by hand (no joke) i do 3d modeling.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I guess student counts as a hobby haha. In two years I'll have three degrees, I just have to not let anxiety or distractions get the best of me haha

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
My primary passion is writing. My goal is to write and publish original fiction, whether it's my primary profession, or something I do in addition to a day job. And it's a goal I'm slowly working toward day by day.

As a brief plug, if any Smashers enjoy writing in whatever form, feel free to request membership to the writing social group I founded (link in the sig). Ask for invites if interested.

My hobbies overall tend to the creative. I participated in my high school drama club, and took a drama elective. I was good at art, but I've grown rusty as I chose to pursue and develop my writing chops these past couple of years. I gain a lot of enjoyment in creative media; there's a cerebral challenge in trying to use these tools to bring a vision to life.

I'm a big TV buff, and enjoy metal music. I've grown increasingly sedentary, which is a shame, since I enjoyed being more active. Hiking in particular was a pleasant activity; being in nature, sightseeing, and exploration are appealing prospects.

I'm currently in the process of candidate selection to get into college, so if/when I get there (which is likely to happen), I might be able to whip myself back into shape, revisiting hobbies I've left on the wayside in the past couple of years (e.g. doing more hiking, maybe participate in community theater to get back in the dramatic groove, maybe pick up guitar playing like I've always wanted to, etc.). 8D

EDIT: Leave it to me to leave out vidya games. Though I've been slacking on my gaming too, as of late. I need to get a 3DS and Wii U, so that I can play the new Smash(es), along with all the other great-looking Nintendo games that have been passing me by. :urg:

Last edited:

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
Hobbies huh. Outside of video games, I watch TV series, movies and read comics. That's just the geeky stuff though.

I also do a lot of drawing. I've been doing it since I was a kid and I've even ended up studying in Art. I also studied programming and had a job as a developer but right now I work as a 2D animator so I guess my passion went back to art.

Other than gaming and work, I've been playing bass for almost 10 years and picked up the ukulele about 6 months ago. While I haven't been a serious swimmer since I was 16, it's something I really enjoyed since I was 4 years old. These days I'm much more into powerlifting. There's just something way too satisfying in increasing one's own strength.

There's quite a few fellow bass players in here. Besides bass, I also enjoy watching movies, reading books, exercising, and playing smash. This thread has made me realize that I don't have very many hobbies.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Managed to rack up a lot of hobbies over the years, that does come with age I guess.

Right now;

Basketball - Coaching (u14's and u18's), Playing, Watching (Orlando Magic fan here)

Gym - Can't go very long without lifting, not including basketball and cardio work, I'll be lifting 4 to 5 times a week.

Gaming - I am not nearly as good as I was at games, so now its just more for my enjoyment, rather than competitive/cash. Sm4sh is taking up most of my gaming time, but also working through my "bucket" list of games I either missed, or want to play through again because I did it so badly when I was a kid! I also want to try and speed run at least 1 game, most likely one of the Mario series.

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
My hobbies are basically just playing games, but I do enjoy playing sports, watching shows (anime included), and hanging out with friends.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Cooking
Gardening
Writing
Gaming
Traveling
Watching comedies
Drawing/Painting/Graphic design
Pets
Studying
Interneting
Being awesomeing

samekh

Smash Rookie
My hobbies are collecting anime figures (such as nendos) and design, most of my time i'm playing with my videogames and reading, anime/manga and that's just it, but mostly illustration.

CanadianTurtle

Smash Rookie
Hobbies include:

Reading manga
Playing video games
Training in Mixed Martial Arts
Watching UFC
Hanging out with friends (Smash parties too)
I like to play certain sports (tennis, badminton, table tennis)

Nowadays, I haven't been able to do anything but study because of college

RitterBomb

Smash Rookie
Sports: I played football, baseball, soccer, rugby and track in highschool and now I just play pick-up games of anything.
I love working out and chillin with my homies. Also a big 420 blazer :shiro:

School takes up the majority of my life right now because I'm a chemE major, however.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Video editing
Messin with audio
Games ofc
My dogs
Cooking
And my newest hobby is in my sig the spoiler below my post

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Gaming first and foremost. Not just competitively, but in general. Played video games my entire life, haha.

Besides that, I watch anime, read, play trading card games (Magic the Gathering & Pokemon), and watch a lot of TV and movies. Don't do much else besides that, work, and spend time with my family.

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
Video Games of course. I am a serious lacrosse payer, as I play year round on 2 club teams and for Varsity at my high school. I am looking to play in college.
Biking
Fishing

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
I'm a drummer, so there's that! lmao but i love to play videogames as well. I'm really getting into drawing and I'm wanting to start cycling!

V_x_I_D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
V_x_I_D
When I'm not playing games, my main hobbies are drawing comics and making music with my band... Pretty much it, lol.

kettering

Smash Rookie
My hobbies include: playing video games once a year and spending too much time to be better than everyone else at everything, due to a competitive complex. Also, working out sometimes.

TheGreatShal

Smash Cadet
Funny enough, I really don't play video games as much as I used to. I adore movies to no end (With Stanley Kubrick being one of my favorites!), Reading, Listening to Skillet, play soccer, etc.

deadcult

Smash Cadet
Videogames, but not as much nowadays.
I love playing basketball or any sport just for fun.
I'm big into metal music and I'm always going to concerts.
I'm an engineer major but I love reading and learning about sciencey stuff dealing with quantam mechanics and its future applications.

I play bass guitar on occasion. I'm trying to figure out the bassline to Dethklok - Rejoin.... it's tough stuff.
Oh, and I'm also trying to beat Final Fantasy 5 (the GBA version) before new years.
I play Smash Bros. sometimes too, apparently.
For you and all the other bass players that are into some heavier music, I suggest checking out some of the basswork of the new CD from Beyond Creation. Their bass player plays a 6 string fretless bass and its absolutely phenomenal. Probably my favorite bass player in all of Metal.

Pandie the pantie

Smash Cookie
NNID
atrociousPanda
Besides vidya, I enjoy music of any kind (but really deep into chip tune), play guitar and piano.

Love to workout with my cousin at the gym and I enjoy spending time with friends (if that's a hobby)

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
  • reading
  • writing occasionally, but only with great disgust
  • editing magazines (i help edit both a literary magazine and a philosophy journal)
  • watching film
  • going to french/trivia club
  • learning to program!
  • may eventually learn how to play guitar but prolonging that for as long as possible
  • super smash bros. melee for the nintendo gamecube, as leffen put it in his ama. i don't own the game anymore (someone lost it lmao) but i play spacies and keep a pocket ganon for fun.
former hobby:
  • competitive pokemon; i was “decent” at it and managed to beat a lot of top players who are now either moderators on smogon or otherwise very well-known in dpp/bw without much hax (i.e., luck). dropped it because of school and depression and just got too annoyed with how much people on simulators complain. kind of want to start up again for ORAS but i'm really bad now lol
i really don't do a whole lot

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Reading wikis and TVTropes seems to have become one? I love listening to video game music on YouTube, and music in general. I like anime and video games (the second one is obvious). I also sometimes use GIMP to make sig images like the one I got right now.

Top Bottom