• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you first going to do in Smash Ultimate?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Unlocking Ike, Snake, Rosalina & Luma and Cloud is an absolute must. Then I'll focus on others like Falco, Zelda, Wolf, Shulk and Chrom while the rest of the cast can wait.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll be playing the modes I'm most interested in (definitely starting with either Classic or World of Light first and foremost) and unlock as many characters as I can. Hoping to unlock more of my mains and all of the newcomers ASAP.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
8 player Smash on Temple with the original 8. Temple because it's such an iconic stage and will guarantee a longer match, giving me more time to get used to the new mechanics. To add to that, each character will have like 10 stocks or something.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I'll let random decide my first character and use them to unlock characters until I get Zelda. Once that is done whoever random picked for me will be my practice sandbag for all eternity! Tis the circle of life. Then I'll probably stay in training mode for a long time lol

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Figure out the fastest and easiest way to unlock the greatest Nintendo character of ALL TIME, King K. Rool of course!

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
world of light, probably. then after advancing a few rounds I'll do classic with yoshi.

RenoInMO

Smash Cadet
NNID
ren0ace
3DS FC
4012-4805-5800
Switch FC
SW-3645-4546-0992
I'm lame, so I'll be powering through unlocking all the characters, then hitting training mode with the Belmonts, or anyone else that looks fun. Maybe some online at some point, but I'll be early labbing for sure.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Check My Music while I wait for my friends to get their controllers set up. After that it'll be 4 player FFAs until we're tired of it.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'll probably dive into training mode with Mario to get a sense of how the game feels, and then afterwards try out his Classic Mode, maybe play through each of the Original 8 characters to try and unlock some more, maybe? I'll probably also tinker around with My Music for a bit before jumping straight into the stages to see what songs work well on which stages, but that's probably going to be my plan for day one.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
First thing I'll do is World of Light, just to unlock everyone.

Then it's whatever I feel like doing after.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Me and my coworkers are going to have a cookout while playing Smash. Hoping characters can still bee unlocked as we play, dying to finally play as K. Rool.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
ill try training mode to learn how to play the orginal 8 and what kinds of combos and setups I can use with them. Then after that ill go do the story mode to unlock the rest of the roster

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'm gonna play Smash matches with one of my buddies on every single stage and try out as many different options as possible before going into the single player modes.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Play matches with my brother until he sleeps (midnight release) then start world of light.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
how do you have 8 mains and and 19 secondaries? doesn't that defeat the purpose of the words "main" and "secondary"?
Because Im extremely versatile and great at the game. Git Gud and on my level and find out. ;)

But seriously you're right Ive said it before in the past I dont really do "mains" when I say mains I mean the characters I play the most. "Secondaries" are mostly counterpicks that Im good/decent with. Anyone who isnt in those teirs I rarely play if ever.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
A quick tour of all the menu's, play a regular smash game with the original 8, and then probably dabble into world of light. It depends a bit on how everything feels in practice. Might check the web for efficient unlock methods and beeline for my favored characters.

Also, I'm a huge sucker of reading competitive impressions here and am looking forward to the game being crunched on the boards while I take breaks from playing.

TheMarioMaster128

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3571 7701 7810
Because Im extremely versatile and great at the game. Git Gud and on my level and find out. ;)

But seriously you're right Ive said it before in the past I dont really do "mains" when I say mains I mean the characters I play the most. "Secondaries" are mostly counterpicks that Im good/decent with. Anyone who isnt in those teirs I rarely play if ever.
Same my guy, how however mario is always my number one

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I always make it a point to Christen each Smash game by choosing Link first. I also want to get myself used to the new mechanics so I think completing Classic Mode with the original 8 fighters (unlocking whoever while doing this) before going into World of Light to unlock everyone else!

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
1: Configure the controllers, changing jump to A or B, Attack to Y, Special Attack to X, Shield to ZL or ZR and Grab to L or R, Tap Up to Jump OFF. Much better that way to me.
2: Start a simple Smash game using Mario and playing against Link and Pikachu.
3: Play some Classic match.
4: Finally Try Spirits.
5: Take some time investigating and learning all the menus of the game, and spend some time configuring the music of my game.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Since the starting roster is the original 8 I'll be choosing Fox first then Yoshi and go through classic mode or training mode then play a few matches to get a feel of the new game mechanics and finally try to unlock the rest of my mains in World of Light.

papertiger

Smash Rookie
If I can, I'm going to begin by creating a Mii character, then goto story mode to unlock Olimar, then idk.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I am going to be pulling an all nighter so at 0200 when the game launches my time, I will immediately jump into World of Light, and get cranking on my character unlocks. My poor son has to go to school unfortunately Friday, so until he can catch up on his own switch with World of Light, we can play with my system and unlocked roster, as I plan on beating World of Light before he gets home from school and 100% completing it for the whole roster =P

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I plan on completing classic mode with all of the original 8 and seeing if that unlocks anything for me. Then maybe go from there. I want to find out the wacky ways to unlock characters outside of world of light.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unlock :ultmegaman: with his amiibo & clear his Classic mode.
We still don't know if the amiibo thing is true.

Anyways to contribute to this thread. Assuming the amiibo thing is true I'll unlock :ultkrool:and:ultridley:playing as them whether Classic, Vs. or Training Mode.

Otherwise if not true then probably play some Vs. matches and Classic Mode before trying out World of Light.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Original Eight free-for-all on Battlefield, specifically with Brawl's Melee Menu Remix set to play at 100% (ever since Subspace Emissary opened with that piece, it's kinda felt like the theme of Smash to me)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Enter a match against an inactive Player 2 on Fourside and stare at that glorious background for four hours.

In all seriousness, I'll probably try to unlock the whole cast before I do anything else, although Fourside will definitely be the first stage I pick once I actually start playing. I have so much nostalgia for that stage...

Top Bottom