• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you first going to do in Smash Ultimate?

TheMarioMaster128

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3571 7701 7810
Me, I don't know. I really wanna try out World of Light and unlock all characters(cause that seems like the fastest way) but I also just wanna play the regular game without Spirits cause it looks really fun, But I also wanna play on all stages, and I wanna play online. What do you plan on first doing? Add me on Switch

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Probably play a few rounds then do Classic Mode. I'm interested in WoL but I don't think it's the first thing I want to do.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
It’s tradition for me to play my first match as Mario on Battlefield. Not like I have much of a choice with the starting roster, anyway.

Last edited:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Hit up training mode, get a feel for the controls, then go to World of Light.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Whirlwind tour through hazards-off stages in training mode to document how they behave (mostly for the few remaining question marks, e.g. Big Blue). Eventually blast zone testing as well. World of Light.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I’m having a couple friends over, and we are just goin to attack this game. Probably just gonna play a ton of versus matches and hope that that lets you unlock characters. If it doesn’t, then I guess I’ll be getting a real feel for Mario and Ness.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
I'll definitely do a couple of versus matches before anything so I can get used to the new mechanics and Pro Controller. After that I'm jumping into World of Light so I can unlock my gurl Dark Samus and mah boi Roy.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The first thing I'm going to do with Ultimate is buy the game, bring the game home, open the game, put the game into the Switch, and let it start

Then go to how to unlock the unlockables too

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
One word: Amiibos. At least my Charizard and Wii Fit Trainer ones. As well as the Tom Nook just because I am curious about what would happen.

D

Deleted member

I may not have the game like most of you will at launch, but I will buy it eventually. The first thing I will do is get to work unlocking those characters. The approach they may make me take to do this, bring it on! I will be at it all day if need be. Just want to play as my girls :ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultbayonetta: as soon as possible. Then throw a super-fun Pokèmon Battle Tournament!

Sayonara :kirby:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
My utmost priority is playing as Robin, so I'll be doing whatever it takes to unlock all the characters, preferably as quickly as possible. I assume that's what World of Light is for, so I'll be doing that first. Afterwards, it's a couple of offline matches with Robin against CPUs to get a feel for the rest of the roster's movesets and playstyles so that I'll be ready to fight against players online.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Unlock Diddy Kong.

Second: unleash pain & havoc.

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
My original plan was to hit training mode with my mains Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer, but since you have to unlock them first than I guess I’ll either start off with Classic mode or World of light

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
All link battle on great plateau tower, not sure if 4 or 8 player though

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
EDIT: Step 0, pray to Arceus that I will be able to unlock all the music relatively quickly and easily without having to wade through Spirit grinding to get to them.

Step 1, Before aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanything else, input name, adjust controls, and other settings.
Step 2, adjust match settings (including items and possibly random stage select). Hopefully, they'll stay saved this time around instead of always resetting back to default like in the other games.
Step 3, Amiibos. Miis fighters are first, because that's who I'll be using to unlock everyone if it'll let me. not sure about the rest, though.
Step 4, Mess around with the My Music thing in preparation for my edgy OC fanfic.
Step 5, proceed to Super Smash Bros: Infinity War "World of Light"

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Set the Switch Pro Controller to my liking first. Then I'll play a round or 2 in VS. mode, the first being Donkey Kong on Moray Towers (and see if I that will unlock anything)..

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
If I have time before my friends come over, will probably do classic mode with Samus and DK, and then maybe try some world of light stuff if I have time. If they come over before though then I'll just be doing some multiplayer smashing and just having a good time unlocking characters and discovering dumb fun things with items, characters, and stages

TaranTr

Smash Rookie
first a Pikachu v Random fight, then maybe a little training mode, and then World of light

Khao

Smash Lord
Depending on whether I'm alone or with friends.

If I'm with friends, I really freaking doubt I'll do anything but VS. Matches. For obvious reasons, haha. Apparently, character unlocks are gonna come really quickly, so that'll be fun to do.

If I'm alone, I'm thinking I'm gonna jump into Classic Mode. After that? We'll see. I bet I'll spend a lot of time with menus, seeing all available options, haha.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Get Lucina, Chrom, Daisy, Sonic, Inkling, and maybe some others.

Also does anyone know if Miis need to be unlocked or do you just make one?

Top Bottom