• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you doing while you wait for the game to release?

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I think it's safe to assume that most, if not all of us are very eager to have Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in our hands and start playing as our favourite characters. So what's everyone doing in the meantime while we wait for news updates and the game's eventual release?

I'm living life like usual, doing housework and other day-to-day stuff like shopping, and I'm currently in the middle of replays of Paper Mario 64 and Mother 3. I recently replayed EarthBound because I want to revisit games in Smash that I haven't played very much, and my friend recently lent me his copy of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door which I've never played, so I'm replaying the original before I start it.

At the end of August, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate's coming out, so I will be very busy with that for a long, long time! The time until Smash will just fly by for me once MHGU is here.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm trying to find a manageable part-time job so that I can earn enough money to order the game, a Switch, the Gamecube controller, and the Gamecube controller adapter off of Amazon. I'm so desperate that I've turned to those money-making apps on the smartphone, where I put ads on my lockscreen in exchange for gift cards. It works fine, but I don't think it's going to be enough. Hopefully I can win a Switch giveaway to lessen the cost, but it's unlikely. I've got a couple of months left, so I should be fine for a while, but I really should purchase it eventually. The sooner the better.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm trying to find a manageable part-time job so that I can earn enough money to order the game, a Switch, the Gamecube controller, and the Gamecube controller adapter off of Amazon. I'm so desperate that I've turned to those money-making apps on the smartphone, where I put ads on my lockscreen in exchange for gift cards. It works fine, but I don't think it's going to be enough. Hopefully I can win a Switch giveaway to lessen the cost, but it's unlikely. I've got a couple of months left, so I should be fine for a while, but I really should purchase it eventually. The sooner the better.
Which app is that? I may check it out, and is it for iPhone, Android or both?

As for me, I’m just looking for a job, as well as catching up on media I really enjoy (anime, shows, cartoons, comics etc) and writing some fanfiction. Maybe practicing some art and making Photoshop graphics and video edits too for fun

I’d usually stream on Twitch, but I’m not in the right mindset for that right now

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Which app is that? I may check it out, and is it for iPhone, Android or both?
I use two, actually. One of them is called Slidejoy, and the other is called S'more. I can verify that they're for Android since that's what I use, but I don't know if they're for iPhone as well.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Playing a number of games on my android mobile phone and Nintendo 3DS, watch some anime and building my Gundam scale models.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Playing SMT: Liberation DX2.

SMT's first foray into mobile gaming and a damn fun game in and of itself.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Playing SMT: Liberation DX2.

SMT's first foray into mobile gaming and a damn fun game in and of itself.
Your avatar reminds me I've been thinking about replaying SMTIII. Such an amazing game, yet I've only played it once.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Your avatar reminds me I've been thinking about replaying SMTIII. Such an amazing game, yet I've only played it once.
Same. I downloaded the Japanese Maniax Edition and patched it to English so I'm excited to fight Raidou. Maybe even do it on hard

Last edited:

Jamison

Banned via Warnings
I'm heavily weighing whether Ultimate is going to be worth the price tag. I already had a Wii U when Sm4sh came out and between adapter, controller bundle and dlc I spent about $120-130 on sm4sh and the truth is I didn't really like the game all that much. I probably have somewhere between 60-120 hours on the game. Which over the course of 4 years doesn't feel like very much. I do think based off what I've seen Ultimate would be more enjoyable for me than sm4sh was. But since I love Melee so much IDK if I'll be able to convince myself to drop $400 for a switch and ultimate when it drops.

But to answer your question, playing and watching Melee as always. Though I will admit my desire to play sm4sh has increased a bit since Ultimate's announcement so I might get back into it a bit. I played a lot of Sheik early on in the game's life. But with all her nerfs not sure if I still want to main her. Don't want to main Bayo or Cloud so I might play some of my stronger secondaries like ZSS, Diddy, Mario, Marth and Mewtwo and maybe see if I like a character more. I honestly played the game a decent amount the first 6 months it was out on Wii U but played it seldom after that so I'm super rusty and don't have a ton of experience with a lot of the DLC characters.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
same thing I do everynight pinkie, TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Warning: Wall of text.
Trying to get my computer set up so I can record videos for youtube and/or stream on twitch. Though right now I'm trying to find a nice video editor for those times I upload to youtube (or anything else). Hoping I can do this before Dark Souls for the Switch finally releases, dumb delay with no idea of when it's really releasing... I haven't seen most of Dark Souls since I have to re-learn the controls everytime I played it at someone else's house. So I only beat the first boss in Dark souls 1, and I beat dragon slayer and Dragon rider in Dark Souls 2, and saw some playthroughs of Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne because it's relaxing watching/listening to people play those games.

Speaking of recording videos for making videos/streaming. I've been trying to get better at drawing so perhaps sometime I might draw some funny things. My goal is to draw a half hour a day, which always turns out to be an hour because I'm terrible at drawing. Also plan on learning how to animate as well. I doubt I'll ever be able to put out videos or stream daily like some people because real life eats up all my time sadly, so I might as well just make the things that do go out look better in some way. Also I've been looking into how to do 3D modeling because people convinced me to go get VRchat (but I've been too busy to play it, so why bother? ha). I have a VR ready computer, but I'm going to wait for the price to drop on VR equipment, because my computer was expensive enough, I don't really have the money to spend on VR equipment that I likely will not have the time to use in the first place. I'll wait for it to be cheaper/better and maybe at that time, I may have more time to use it as well.

Also there's some games I wish to complete. The Octo Expansion in Splatoon 2 so I can be an octoling, also I want to try out all the new weapons. Especially the new Tenta Brella, I was shocked no one told me that the new Tenta Brella was in the game, since I was notorious in the group for using the Tenta Brella and carrying teams with it. It's really hard to find players that know how to use the Tenta Brella. Kirby Star Allies is another game I want to complete just so I have everything unlocked. I wanted to record myself playing Battletech for the first time. The video game released this year, not the tabletop game that's older than I am that spawned the Mechwarrior series that I fell in love with as a kid.

Also doing 100 online matches with every character in Smash 4 so I have a better feel for them. Since I have very little time to play games, I try to keep myself doing 10 matches a day. I probably would have had that done a long time ago if I thought of it earlier, and also because completing all the challenges was so annoying (so glad I finally got them all done). :4lucario:Lucario was the first one I did, and he was a blast, even if he's a bit slow and his neutral is rather hard compared to other characters. Going to do Pikachu next since I've always been curious about :4pikachu: Pikachu and I know a Pikachu Main. Besides, I really really want to play :ultpichu: Pichu in Smash Ultimate because he was such a blast to play in Melee (Prefered to play Pichu over Pikachu in Melee too). Don't know who I'll try to do next. Perhaps I'll stick with the theme of Pokemon and try :4greninja:Greninja next because I really didn't give him a good shot and I like him because I kind of view him as a combination between Lucario and Sheik with the way I view the character, but gameplay I'd have to try him out more. :4littlemac:Little Mac is another one I might do next because I really really need to work on my ground game and Little mac is good at forcing me to use grounded options. I blame :4metaknight:Meta Knight for letting me jump for days in the air and his dash options being so good so I can be a lazy about walking and such and still do very well. I might work on the spacies :4falco::4fox: as well because :ultwolf: Wolf was an absolute blast to play in Brawl, and :foxmelee:Fox was a blast in Melee, but I think it's important to know 100% the difference between the characters so I know which ones I prefer since they are similar at a glance for many people. Of course, I could just do some of the random characters I know absolutely know nothing about so I can get their basics down at least.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Physically and mentally preparing myself for my first year of college. Still need to go shopping for all of my dorm room stuff, along with a new wardrobe so I don't come off as a total slob on my first day of classes.

I've also been going to the gym a lot more now that I have the free time, and I've actually dropped about 7lbs since early July and I've been feeling extremely good. So basically I'm gonna be pretty busy until Ultimate comes out, which I am super thankful for.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
I'm going to do what I have been doing for the past year+ and that's playing Overwatch (one of my favorite games ever). Then in September im going to be playing Spider-Man Ps4 and hopefully have enough money to buy the Xenoblade 2 expansion. Between October and November I hope to have Octopath traveler.

That should keep me busy until Smash. All the while I do hope to have a part time job to pay for a gaming computer but im in no rush for it yet.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
Flat out working full time. Training at gym or home most nights. Playing smash 3ds for glory and playing YSVIII on switch.

That’ll get me through till December and then I’m gonna binge on ultimate.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm actually working on a lot of art for the next few months, so that's keeping me pretty occupied, hoping to get to a certain part of this one big picture I'm working on before Smash Ultimate releases and then I'll be binging the hell out of it for the entirety of December and maybe January as well before I get back to work on it.

Also have my job to keep me preoccupied along with movies, cartoons, comics, and tv shows, not to mention hanging out with friends and family, going to the movies, and playing online D&D with my close friends.

Obviously, I'll be strolling through the Smashboards keeping up the hype, playing the Switch and a lot of Smash on 3DS & Wii U to keep me occupied and hyped up for the eventual release. Already have the game preordered and paid off in full! Also managed to get a Switch Pro controller a month or two ago and plan on preordering the special Gamecube controller and Gamecube controller adapter on Amazon next pay period. Another thing I hope to do in the coming months is get a Gamecube back into my collection along with Super Smash Bros. 64 & Melee since I no longer have either of them (I have 64 on Virtual Console but I want a hard copy) and by the time Ultimate comes out, I'll have every version of Smash to ever be released!

Keep the hype going but don't be getting bored and anxious waiting to hear something! Live life, hang with friends and family, and look forward to whatever new announcements they have in store for us! Cheers!

D

Deleted member

As a person that has never play Project M before I decided to give it a shot and wow is it great! Now I've got a whole new smash to master and keep me busy till Ultimate ! So I'm doing that till it releases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Currently playing Valkyria Chronicles and Persona Q, and making random Smash related videos.

I'm almost finished making one, but here's another video I did a couple weeks ago:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Waiting for other games to come out so I can play them while waiting for Ultimate.
Yo dog.

Jaycorner

Smash Rookie
Working full-time as a line cook and saving a lot of money so I can buy the game immediately and money to travel to the first few nationals in my general area. Putting in 4 hours a day once I get my hands on the game (more is unrealistic while working and doing other things).

Other than that, playing a lot of melee and a bit of dk in smash 4 in preparation. Trying to get stuff like RAR dBl bair and matchup stuff down, assuming it will be sort of similar.

And just generally life tings and sending er with the boys

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Playing other games, playing with friends, usual life tasks and activities, trying to save enough money to buy both Octopath Traveler and Smash Ultimate, thinking about FE Three Houses, and thinking about Smash Ultimate of course.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Playing Breath of the Wild while simultaneously trying to avoid spoilers.

I know I'm late but other Mario games got my attention first. I grew up on Mario.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Working my ass off like always and getting that money.

On my days off, I play whatever games I get to keep me busy. Like I’m currently hooked up to Octopath Traveler at the moment. Also looking forward to playing Xenoblade 2 Torna - The Golden Country next month. I’m also hoping to get either a new gaming computer or a PS4 Pro at some point.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Living life as usual but on the video game side of things. I’m trying to run through as many Nintendo games as I can before release. I’m currently wrapping up Mother 2, playing Link’s Awakening, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, and playing Mega Man X. I plan on playing Mario Galaxy 2, Wario Ware Gold and hopefully DKC2 along with Mario RPG but only if Geno and King K. Rool are Announced!!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Playing Breath of the Wild while simultaneously trying to avoid spoilers.

I know I'm late but other Mario games got my attention first. I grew up on Mario.
Pft, don't worry. There isn't much to spoil in that game. It's mostly gameplay.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Working. Playing other games. Trying to travel when I have the chance.

Plus College Football is about to be back. Kreygasm

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U and I'm digging into the Smash Bros. Universe while writing a document about it (Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, Subspace Emissary, SSB's Characters & Stage, Debug Mode, etc.). I always loved that game's universe and I want a condensed version of wiki's contents.

Also, I've just began using 3D softwares to create renders of "unpopular" SSB characters like the Fighting Wire Frames (inspired by this).

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Trying to save up money for a Switch since I sadly don't have one yet.

Top Bottom