• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you buying to prepare/tide you over until Brawl?

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I'm emailing my professors and telling them I'm out of town for a week. So I'm buying time.

As far as actual accessories go I'm going to be picking up 3 more wavebirds for a totally wireless experience.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know exactly where I can get a Gamecube controller that isn't online? Like Gamestop, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, whatever? I only have two, and one broke so...

God Link

Smash Cadet
I already got A new 32 HD Screen Tv, (early christmas gift, not opened yet) HDMI component cables, 1 new gamcube controller(other analog got messed up) So im set for Brawls Widescreen 480p graphics.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
my gf is buying me a new wavebird for xmas, and i'm having my old one sent in from Georgia.

Is it worth it to buy the nicer Wii cables for HDTVs?

Gomolka

Smash Apprentice
Where can you get 2gb SD cards?

Honestly, I just don't like the feel of wavebirds. They just don't feel comfortable. I like original gcube controllers anyway.

I have MP3:C, SMG, and GH3 to hold me over until Brawl.

Gomolka

Smash Apprentice
my gf is buying me a new wavebird for xmas, and i'm having my old one sent in from Georgia.

Is it worth it to buy the nicer Wii cables for HDTVs?
I was going to buy one at my local gamestop, but the guy there told me that it really isn't worth it. He said that there are really only a few games for the wii where it would make a difference, but for the rest of the games it really wouldn't do anything.

The multi-purpose HDTV component cables really are only worth it for PS3 and XBOX360 because the Wii just really doesn't have the high quality graphics that require HDTVs to reach its maximum potential.

I have seen myself the difference between the HDTV and normal myself because my friend has the all purpose one that he uses for his PS3, and we really couldn't see a huge difference (this was for Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption) . It did seem a bit better quality, and you can get it if you really desire a perfect picture. But really, you can't tell a significant difference.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm going to buy a Mr. T rubber duck.

I pitty the fool who doesn't have a Mr. T rubber duck!

secretcode

Smash Cadet
NNID
Secretcod
3DS FC
2337-3743-8226
Just got my Wii today at a CostCo... so that's pretty much it, sans game.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Well, seeing how a already got two Classic controllers and have interweb connections with wi fi, not much

Maybe some rubber underware, becuase the first time i'll play brawl, I am going to piss my pants! XD

Mama

Smash Ace
I might get that controller if it feels right. I'm also going to buy a few new GC controllers.

I don't think theres anything wrong with buying a new TV for a game. Its a TV after all. Not like you'd use it just for the game and nothing else.

FFBlackmage456

Smash Rookie
I'll plan on getting the 2 GB SD Card, the game itself, tons of snacks, and I was hoping to get 3 wireless gamecube controllers but there expensive so i might just stick to wired ones.

God Link

Smash Cadet
I bought a $600.00+ 32" LCD HDTV with HDMI Cables just for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Good brand and I got a good deal for it. Now I can play Brawl in its finest.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Nothing for a while... Q3 and all.

~Sigh~

I'm heavily contemplating acquiring an American Wii however.

So I can play the game the same time as you guys.

No idea where to get one at a fair price which isn't something stupid like $500 though. XD

and then I'd need to find some smashers near me and dig up my Second best controller due to the fact my best controller is in need of a new joystick...

SO yes I'm getting an American Wii in preparation for Brawl.

(rambles onward into the sunset)

miller483

Smash Ace
Well, seeing how a already got two Classic controllers and have interweb connections with wi fi, not much

Maybe some rubber underware, becuase the first time i'll play brawl, I am going to piss my pants! XD
Seriously, what's up with people saying that they're gonna defecate/urinate in their pants the first time they play Brawl? I don't games will get THAT epic until about 30 years from now.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Buying a classic controller, I want to experiment with all of the different control methods (save the wiimote only one)

I honestly think the wiimote and nunchuck combination will be the best for me personally. but we'll just wait and see.
I'm also debating whether or not to get the Nintendo LAN connector for my Wii. I'm curious to see if there would be a noticable latency difference between the Wi Fi and the hardline. Does anyone have the LAN connector could maybe tell me their experiences?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I have a wireless router now, but when I had the usb wi-fi adapter it worked jsut fine. i have 4 star connections every match in strikers, so i have no problem with wireless, i am getting a new tv for my poolhouse (converted a 3 car garage into a 2 car garage with an open wall to the pool, couch, fridge, tv, played smash and such there all summer) and i'm finally getting a fourth wii mote + nunchuk setup, i've already got 2 classics.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Me and my girlfriend are going to Gamestation an hour or few before it opens and rushing in when they do. I'm grabbing Brawl and she's getting herself a Classic Controller as quick as we can; so we can be in, out and home asap.

I'm comtemplating organising my time and grabbing a bus from the Train Station to my house, which is only a 15 minute walk tops; if I can. Just to make it even faster.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Just the GAME I have all the Gamecube controllers i need to jump in the game,play online and automatically own everybody on the screen considering they keep foxes old moves.
And hopefully Marth

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Me and my girlfriend are going to Gamestation an hour or few before it opens and rushing in when they do. I'm grabbing Brawl and she's getting herself a Classic Controller as quick as we can; so we can be in, out and home asap.

I'm comtemplating organising my time and grabbing a bus from the Train Station to my house, which is only a 15 minute walk tops; if I can. Just to make it even faster.
I'm trying to get my gamestop to let me host a melee tournament as we wait, ours is doing a midnight release and i have it reserved so im gonig to that, and a tourney that we time to end around midnight would be sick.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ohio is super sectionalized. Theres cleveland, cincinatti, and then colombus, and then the rest are little pockets, like in my area there are about 60 smashers, i host a series of tournaments so ive got a good feel for the area, and then its like an hour drive to the next little pocket. except vidjo, but ive never played with vidjo. a guy can dream though, right?

studgangsta

Smash Cadet
I was thinking doing what samurai panda once said, skipping school and ordering fast food and playing it all day!!!!! man thats a fantastic idea, I just hope I dont have anything important due or anything!!!

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
already preordered at ebgames and put full money down.im still gonna get there at midnight and wait with my friends though. :chuckle: but yah im getting a gamecube controller extender for tournaments,filling my minifridge w/ vault, and getting a new wireless router,cuz the one i have now is extremely lame and isnt working
(Hawking HWR54G).

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
already preordered at ebgames and put full money down.im still gonna get there at midnight and wait with my friends though. :chuckle: but yah im getting a gamecube controller extender for tournaments,filling my minifridge w/ vault, and getting a new wireless router,cuz the one i have now is extremely lame and isnt working
(Hawking HWR54G).
we wont have to wait here in Tennessee! not enough players! of course i have all kinds of stores right down the street

Top Bottom