• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the worst customs?

Raijinken

Smash Master
There's this one Arcfire that drops a pillar of flames at your feet that's actually really useful against recovering opponents because it's lightning fast and apparently has infinite downward range. Don't play Robin though, so IDK if it's actually good enough to give up the default.

Less that Robin's customs are bad and more that his specials were bad to begin with. :lol:
Firewall is the one you speak of. It's a tradeoff, and one I'm typically fine with making. It deploys so quickly that you can use it to relieve some of the inevitable rushdown pressure that Robin struggles tremendously with, and you can cover landings a bit better at the cost of combos and range.

Given his recent defensive combo game, I'd probably rate default as best, but as you say, his specials are pretty bad over-all.

Worth noting, though, the fireball will not proc the column on contact with an enemy. Only works if it hits the ground (maybe a wall? Honestly never bothered testing that).

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Goetia's a pretty good replacement for Nosferatu, as it has a bigger range for a command grab, but you lose the ability to regain a broken amount of health.
Which is why there's really no reason to use Goetia. It's not particularly fast, and Robin doesn't have a problem racking up damage at all. You're essentially giving up something unique and vaguely useful for something that you could do with the flick of the C-Stick.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Firewall is the one you speak of. It's a tradeoff, and one I'm typically fine with making. It deploys so quickly that you can use it to relieve some of the inevitable rushdown pressure that Robin struggles tremendously with, and you can cover landings a bit better at the cost of combos and range.

Given his recent defensive combo game, I'd probably rate default as best, but as you say, his specials are pretty bad over-all.

Worth noting, though, the fireball will not proc the column on contact with an enemy. Only works if it hits the ground (maybe a wall? Honestly never bothered testing that).
Hm, thought it would activate on hit. Knockback any good or is it just for interrupting recoveries?

Oh yeah, any ideas as to which Arcfire has the tallest hitbox?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Hm, thought it would activate on hit. Knockback any good or is it just for interrupting recoveries?

The knockback is passable but primarily intended as a get-off-me option, for which it works quite well (two hits of moderate strength instead of a trapping hit). I believe Firewall is the largest, as well, but that's a visual guess rather than something backed by data.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

I don't know about tallest, but I suppose the explosion from Arcfire+ has the largest hitbox.

Paxadin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paxadin
3DS FC
2767-1146-9743
I'd consider Sheik's other down-b specials to be pretty awful in comparison to Bouncing Fish.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I'd consider Sheik's other down-b specials to be pretty awful in comparison to Bouncing Fish.
Pisces is pretty good because you can hit people while recovering and send them behind you while you go forward, but it is pretty awkward in how it moves. Jelllyfish is garbage, though, I'll agree there.

Top Bottom