• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the best/worst stages for Yoshi?

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
My favorite stages are Lylat Cruise and Yoshi's Island. I really enjoy doing the Butt (bomb) canceling into a bunch of combos, really fun. Any other ones you prefer?

Also what are some stages that I should avoid?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Brinstar is probably his worst stage. Non Releaseables I would say Battlefield, and For Chaingrabbables, I would say Castle Siege or Final Destination. for MetaKnight, it's Yoshi's Island Melee, Corneria, or Castle Siege again.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, it mostly depends on your playstyle. For me, my best stages are Rainbow Cruise, Final Destination, and Yoshi's Island (Brawl) because I'm more of an aerialist when I play Yoshi. On the flipside, my worst stages are Battlefield, Frigate Orpheon, and Jungle Japes.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
After watching Bwett counterpick it every time, I realized that Norfair is one of Yoshi's best stages, except against Meta. You can just Uair so many times there.

YoshiGuy123

Smash Rookie
Actually really depends on what you like and are used to when playing with Yoshi, For me I play on ground and in air so I mix things up. My Best satges are battlefield, Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and if you are good at aerials then the best stage would be the Donkey Kong one that moves and I don't remember the name of. But anyways the worst is New Pork City cuz it's big and hard to kill people there just like sonic or other small people.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I am not to gay bout my counter picks so I pick pretty neutral stages like Delfinio, battlefield, yoshis, castle siege, and brinstar (for easy KOs)

low ceilings usually equals good counter pick for yoshi

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
low ceilings could help the opponent more than yoshi though...u have to factor in how the opponent does on the stage too

but generally i guess i'd go w/ FD or Yoshi's Island...depends what i feel like heh
platforms can get in the way of downB and egg throw

Gindler

Smash Champion
Fav: FD, simple CGs and the lip doesn't kill me like everyone else apparently

Most hated that's common: battlefield (those stupid platforms mess me up and help others combo me more than the other way around)

JOE!

Smash Hero
low ceilings could help the opponent more than yoshi though
Ive found that on ceilings that you cant pass through, you can easly trap people almost indefinatley in uTilt

personally, i dont really have any best stages, i do good-allright in all of them, especcially stages with lips and slopes

I have either terrible luck in Skyworld or it counters my playstyle tho <.<

SYLAR

Smash Rookie
I've noticed consistent favorable outcomes for Yoshi on Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island, and Final Destination. Those stages make winning with Yoshi easy (For me).

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
Ive found that on ceilings that you cant pass through, you can easly trap people almost indefinatley in uTilt

personally, i dont really have any best stages, i do good-allright in all of them, especcially stages with lips and slopes

Ditto i believe skyworld sucks *** for yoshi

personally my best stages are FD, battlefield, frigate
and lylat

i usually counterpick choosing moses or luigis mansion not against snake though obviously

jungle japes also helps me

SOVAman

Smash Hero
low ceilings could help the opponent more than yoshi though...u have to factor in how the opponent does on the stage too

but generally i guess i'd go w/ FD or Yoshi's Island...depends what i feel like heh
platforms can get in the way of downB and egg throw
Dis agree

for one Yoshi can't KO that good at all his only viable KO moves are Uair, Upsmash, Fsmash and sometimes Fair and Nair (depends on where you are on the stage.

So no matter what a low ceiling will help out a ton because of how early your Uair can kill

so therefore if your opponent is good on it so are you and its still a very viable counterpick

and Yoshi is one heavy guy

Skyworld Hhhahahahahaaa not even a counter pick so don't worry about it

also I dont think you know what we mean by low ceiling

Chaco

Never Logs In
You can kill with dair...tru fax...also I kill with egg lay. Props to me. XD You can do it so never hurts to try.

Crazy before cautious.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
You can kill with dair...tru fax...also I kill with egg lay. Props to me. XD You can do it so never hurts to try.

Crazy before cautious.
I did not count gimps because that doesn't have much to do with the stage

I think this discussion is about stages :bee:

Top Bottom