• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Pit's weakness's?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I am still patiently waiting for possibly the most anticipated game of the year and despite the fact its only two days away, I wanted to get as much info as possible about my future main.

Due to this, I wanted to know what do people think is Pit's worst flaw?

Flamesamurai

Smash Rookie
From what ive seen he is only good on stages with edges mainly because his recovorie has no where near as good on sttages with no edges so i would say thats his flaw.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
From what ive seen he is only good on stages with edges mainly because his recovorie has no where near as good on sttages with no edges so i would say thats his flaw.
hmmmmm, if i'm not mistaken, i thought that he could just glide or hid up-b to come back to the stage, so i figured that he could just come back to the middle of the stage and drop if he really had to, i could be wrong though...especially since i have not played the game before

no K.O moves
his f-smash, and back air seemed to be good.....there are others but those seemed to be fine and enough i thought...

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
The lack of KO moves is compensated for with the fact that you can attack them off the stage at ANY point and still fly back to the stage.

Knock them off, chase with a fair/bair or 2, then safely float back.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
no K.O moves
F-Smash, f-tilt, and bair are easy enough to land and kill at reasonable percentages. He's got decent KO moves, better than Mario in Melee, and way better than Metaknight or Sonic.
But, yeah, the way to kill is to juggle them off the edge.

More weaknesses include:
Getting hit out of his Up+B makes him fall with no more recovery, so only use it for vertical. Jumps and gliding should get you horizontal.
No spikes.
Medium priority, but disjointed hitboxes help.
Mid-light weight.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
His up B can be gimped, although I don't think anyone but MK can chase him in the air easily, and he's a little on the light side.

Fsmash, Dsmash, Bair, Ftilt. Where have you been?
his f-tilt ko's? i didn't know that...thanks lol

so i'm mainly hearing the up-b........but i thought it wasn't that necessary for his recovery due to glide and his amount of jumps

does pit have any drastic downfall such as olimar's recovery? (if someone is grabbing the edge, his up-b will hit the opponent but not grab the ledge)

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
does pit have any drastic downfall such as olimar's recovery? (if someone is grabbing the edge, his up-b will hit the opponent but not grab the ledge)
His recovery is a little vulnerable to projectiles. If they can hit you out of your glide, they can force you to up-B. If they can hit you while you are up-Bing and over a pit, you die.

jaycee00

Smash Cadet
I'd say his up+b recovery. But even then, you're pretty mobile, and you can cancel with an attack to eliminate landing lag. Maybe the reach on his side aerials too...but this is only glaringly evident against marth.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Would Yoshi have an advantage over Pit? Hes got some insane spikes and air game.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Pit is NOT GOOD AT GIVING KILLING BLOWS. Of course he can kill someone with his smashes at 110% . But comparing him to other characters, his strong attacks are pretty weak. (Compare him to Snake basic combo, Lucas Up Smash, Luigi's Forward Smash). Medium and mostly heavy characters have smash attacks that can kill you at 80 and 90% if I am not mistaken. Although Pit is supposed to be a medium character, his speed and strength are that of a light character.

Other weakness: Mediocre final smash, lacks range.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Pit's arrows can't be used to approach, so it's a purely defensive move that is , I shall admit, quite good at racking up damage and edge-guarding.

Also, I really can't think of a character who is easier to meteor smash/spike, and he is probably the most spike-able character in his general size and weight class. His up-B and his double-jump move slowly and they do not offer him any sort of protection, leaving him a very tempting target off the edge.

DeviL-LCF

Smash Rookie
Pit has some good **** on his side though. 2 of his special moves deflect projectiles so thats a plus, his Side B and Down B both reflect projectiles. He can also stop physical attacks with his Down+B (so fun to do). Hes a sitting duck when he's knocked far from the edge but.. in all honesty I doubt he wont be able to make it back. His smashes are great. Has more then plenty of KO moves (FSmash, DSmash, D tilt, Ftilt, BAir) all those kill at decent amounts of percentages so, in all honesty Pit is a more then good character. Whatever weaknesses he might have, he makes up with them with his plentiful strengths. Don't worry too much about his weakness and concentrate on using his advantages more then worrying about his few weaknesses.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Would Yoshi have an advantage over Pit? Hes got some insane spikes and air game.
Nope, Yoshi's Air game consists of either a Faerial or Daerial, both or which are easily beatable by Pit. Also, with correct timing and usage of Pits jumps and Up-B, its almost impossible for Yoshi to spike Pit. If he catches you before you do your up b, dodge and he will miss. If he catches you after you've done it, rise slowly because many people expect Pit to shoot upwards. I've found that works for me

Manic_1

Smash Cadet
Pit's arrows can't be used to approach, so it's a purely defensive move that is , I shall admit, quite good at racking up damage and edge-guarding.

Also, I really can't think of a character who is easier to meteor smash/spike, and he is probably the most spike-able character in his general size and weight class. His up-B and his double-jump move slowly and they do not offer him any sort of protection, leaving him a very tempting target off the edge.
DDD is way easier to spike than Pit.

I think that Lucas is just one giant weakness for Pit. At least I always have trouble with him.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
DDD is way easier to spike than Pit.

I think that Lucas is just one giant weakness for Pit. At least I always have trouble with him.
i own lucas but mostly cause my friends are so dumb. i use the spining blade attack angel ring i think and they think haha he just left him self open for a pk fi... boom. lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pit does lack strong attacks. However, he can combo with his weaker moves. Of course, I rarely use him anyway.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Pit is NOT GOOD AT GIVING KILLING BLOWS. Of course he can kill someone with his smashes at 110% . But comparing him to other characters, his strong attacks are pretty weak. (Compare him to Snake basic combo, Lucas Up Smash, Luigi's Forward Smash). Medium and mostly heavy characters have smash attacks that can kill you at 80 and 90% if I am not mistaken. Although Pit is supposed to be a medium character, his speed and strength are that of a light character.

Other weakness: Mediocre final smash, lacks range.
Having medium-strength killing blows means jack when you can rack up damage like no one's business and survive for ages because of your ridiculous recovery and because you are so fast that no character gets a chance to use any powerful smashes against you.
The only reason Pit isn't the most grossly overpowered character in the game is that there's at least one who's even cheaper. Which is a pity, because the character himself seemed quite likable before Sakurai felt the need to pimp him out.

Posting to subscribe. I'd like to hear about some more countermeasures against Pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While Pit is using the Wings of Icarus, he is vulnerable from attacks in terms of losing that ability when hit (Fox's Blaster doesnt count), and can only do this move again after landing.
He also has some problems against those who can reflect his arrows, which force him to close-combat strategies.
He does lack some strong KO moves, that do kill around 100-110% but Pit, being able to rack up damage quickly with combos make up for this.

Esca

Smash Champion
asdfghjkl;'

While Pit is using the Wings of Icarus, he is vulnerable from attacks in terms of losing that ability when hit (Fox's Blaster doesnt count), and can only do this move again after landing.
He also has some problems against those who can reflect his arrows, which force him to close-combat strategies.
He does lack some strong KO moves, that do kill around 100-110% but Pit, being able to rack up damage quickly with combos make up for this.

Admiral is somewhat wrong. Real Pit users do NOT use the Wings of Icarus, they hop glide and slice back on the stage. And pit can actually k0 around 70%, you just have to know what to do with him. You should short hop and back smash, since it hits the second hardest of all of his moves, or if you're on the ground, you should honestly, instead of f-smashing, forward-tilt, it does waaaaaay more damage and sends them much farther.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Admiral was condemnimg the use of Up-B. The B-air isn't too reliable of a KO move because you have fall first from a short hop to make it work, and reverse aerial rushes take longer to do then plain jumping forward. The F-smash does 18% damage, while the F-tilt only does 12%. And the F-smash sends farther too. I'm not saying that the F-tilt is useless, just that it is less powerful compared to F-smash.

Leggo

Smash Cadet
yeah sometimes u just have to use up-b, and also any character can ko at any percent if you play them right so yeah, and Rhyfelwyr is right about the f-smash. f-tilt and f-smash both have their times of use

Top Bottom