• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Lightpressing and C-stick Buffering? And How to I change from Fullset to Wifi Safe?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
^
Topic

Also, please be very detailed about how to switch from fullset to wifi =D

Thanks

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'll make a video for C-stick buffering, Light press vs Hard press, and the option of Buffer vs Aid assist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auuxj7hq0LA

Light Press vs Hard Press Air dodge

Light press: Only requires amount to trigger shield (just like L-cancelling)

Hard press: Requires press to reach the clicky sound

Attributes

Light Press:
+Easy on hands, longer playing experience
+Fast, more wave dashes are capable
+Control overall is better

Hard Press:
+Very slightly more control in certain things
+Melee/Brawl people are use to it
+Fits in well with light shielding while light press air dodge slightly makes it a little weird

Buffer

Buffer replaces handicap in Wifi set [Reason being Laggy Wifi feels more like offline with a small amount of buffer, also playing with 1 frame of buffer even offline makes the game very awesome and enjoyable and feel amazing]

Crew mode replaces handicap in Full set and Aid assist is instead added which went over damage display (Which is a enforced 3 frame buffer for all players for people to get use to the game who are from Brawl, which in my opinion should be like the Wifi set and Crew mode should be ditched until added a different way that allows Buffer to use the handicap slot)

C-stick buffering

Use: In Melee if you were in shield hitlag (during the attack the game freezes both players) or shield hitstun (the attack hit and now you're stuck in shield based on the attack's damage) you could Buffer (frame perfectly execute) a Jump/Roll/Spot dodge by holding the C-stick to perform the action as soon as you exit the shield hitstun instead of timing it yourself (possibly wasting extra frames in shield than you have to, making the difference of getting grabbed or not). Even Shield itself is a buffer-able move, since if you do an action (Like a smash attack) and then hold shield, you'll shield as soon as the attack ends.

Concerning P:M:
It's only available in the Full set, since it desyncs Wifi and replays just like the hard press air dodge. Thus the Wifi set doesn't have C-stick buffering nor Hard press air dodge (instead it has light press) due to both features (codes) desyncing replays (which thus also means it desyncs Wifi).

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Didn't you install the Wi-Fi Set when we helped you? Anyways just go back to the help thread where I explained how to install it, the process is all the same.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
I got the fullset =P I have no one to play wifi right now and I'm not sure how good the lag issue is.

So I just have to reinstall the wifi set onto my SD card?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Yeah, that's all you gotta do. Also as a heads up, once you get the Wi-Fi Set don't make a new thread asking for friend codes, we get too many of those around here. Just use the IRC Chat.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Alright xD thanks

Got it last night, played some matches too. :)

MaxThunder

PM Support
to get the wifi build you just have to replace the codeset file and a few other files that i believe are specified on the download page...
actually you just need to replace the codeset file... the other files to replace are just changing the option menu text and you don't really need that for gameplay...

SpiderMad

Smash Master
And then promptly desyncs the game online.
It turns out someone with the fullset who just changed their .gct and not the menu files, can still use buffer with the other person if the other person has the Wifi set. It doesn't make much sense but they need to both have the same setting number like normal for both using buffer (except his setting is suppose to be crew mode, but it instead works for being buffer). If the person with crew mode doesn't set it on the same number though, lots of weird things can happen but usually desync, versus where if both had the Wifi set it either desyncs or usually just results in no buffer being added.

Top Bottom