• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What about K.K. Slider?

Morphie

Smash Rookie
You have to be kidding me. Slider is not a random player from the game. He is actually of importance. He's a big deal. He's not the occasional Wolfgang some towns get. That logic makes including any pokemon sound like an idiotic idea. There are over 400 pokemon. Why pick a random one and put it in from an animal kingdom simulator? Because that one has IMPORTANCE. It's not the average one.

If you think a cute little animal doesn't have the ferocity needed to be in a fighting game, I would like you to examine the following characters that appeared in melee and tell me what makes them so vicious outside of smash: Peach, Game and Watch, the Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Pichu, Dr. Mario.

Now I know I will immediately be met with a "YOU ARE A NOOB MAN" response and I can't really refute it. I just recently registered and decided to post now. However, if your only response to an argument that shuts down your logic is "you are a noob", then I'd like to see you say nothing. :x

Anyway, Nook is more likely than Slider because he is always in the town, rather than jsut friday nights. He is actually a big part of the game, where as slider is more of a fun side-character. Slider woul dbe awesome to see, but Nook bets him in practicality. Animal crossing isn't a big enough franchise to sport two characters I don't think, and Nook has to go in before a more fun character like Slider does.
/agree

I just want K.K. Singing in Nook's level if Nook does happen to get the invite.

Vali

Smash Ace
If you think a cute little animal doesn't have the ferocity needed to be in a fighting game, I would like you to examine the following characters that appeared in melee and tell me what makes them so vicious outside of smash: Peach, Game and Watch, the Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Pichu, Dr. Mario.
Pichu fights in Pokemon, Yoshi has been known to swallow enemies hence his signature swallow move, Ice Climbers have enemies in their series as is evident in Smash Bros. itself. While Doc does no fighting himself (other than killing viruses but thats hardly tantamount to violence) he is technically Mario at the same time, who does fight. Other than that, a very competant first post and no "YOU ARE A NOOB MAN" comments from me :).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Also, I think Peach's strength is the absurdity of the damsel being able to easily own her usual demondragonking abductor. Kind of like in an official comic about the Mario Brothers were at some point Peach goes crazy and owns Bowser with bombs.
The same absurdity would speak for Nook.

Mr. T

Smash Rookie
No, I less-than-three that guy as much as anyone. "My music wants to be free..." Great guy, and if we consider Brawl, a good moveset capability. But not as good as Nook's. Which is why K.K. has gotten the shaft on the forums. Nook is basically the enabler for all your endeavors in AC, so it makes sense that he will probably get the slot if anyone.

Both Totaka and Minegishi are included on the composer list, so you get a few hope points there. I seem to remember an article that stated that Minegishi composed the K.K. Slider songs, at least for Wild World. Are they the same songs? I never played the original AC.

Regardless, I think we can use the composer list to speculate, as long as we look at each composer specifically, their total career included. "C it sez taht yoko shimomura is makin teh muzax, so CLOUD STRIFE is in BrAwl!!1!!" is illogical, but if you look at her career, you see she also composed for Super Mario RPG. I'm thinking we're looking at the credits for both the orginal songs and the remixes, which is why the list is so long. So the question is, "Is this composer being credited with the original song being used, or his/her remix of it?"

EDIT: Perhaps we are only looking at remixers. Hip Tanaka is not on the list, and I don't see how they can get around using his original music. That's the first Metroid, Mother 1 & 2, Kid Icarus, Balloon Fight, and Dr. Mario. Ando is absent along with his cohorts that worked on Kirby, and Ichinose and the other composers that did all the Pokemon music are missing. Dave Wise and the other DKC composers aren't there, either. So scratch that--we are definitely, and only, looking at those who provide arrangements of previous songs, not the original songs themselves.

Don't worry, I don't like Tom Nook either. You aren't supposed to like him. He's the villain--representative of what, in a capitalistic society, we call "The Man." Though he's not as wholesome or altruistic as K.K., Tom Nook could throw paint, use a fishing rod, axe, shovel, net, etc. They both would be great, but Nook wins.

I'll be happy either way.
OH. MY. GAWD.

FIRST OFF. Animal crossing in Brawl? HAHAHAHAHA! Sure. That's about as likely as Micheal Jackson getting a pair of balls.
2) Animal crossing, in ALL of the games in it's series, has never had anything more violent than a foreclosure on your house.
3) Have you ever seen any AA character do ANYTHING related to fighting? No. Why? Because that's just not who they are.
4) C. Falcon is a BOUNTY HUNTER as well as a racer. That means he goes around with a gun, beating people up (that means he's fighting for all of you with no life), and shooting them.
5) Animal crossing, in my opinion, is a fairly decent game. So don't be giving me any BS about "NO U CANOT SEY DAT BECUZ U NO LIKE TEH GAME."
6) Ya'll need to quit spending so much time talking about pointless crap, and go do something that requires more than moving your fingers as fast as you can across a keyboard.

Amen.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
I bet you think you're cool. Nothing like insulting others over the internet and making references as to how little a life some of us might have. I enjoy talking about pointless crap, over the internet and in real life coversations. Maybe you should spend a little time outside yourself as well. It might give you more of a joy than making yourself sound cooler than other people over the internet.

Fawriel

Smash Master
OH. MY. GAWD.

FIRST OFF. Animal crossing in Brawl? HAHAHAHAHA! Sure. That's about as likely as Micheal Jackson getting a pair of balls.
2) Animal crossing, in ALL of the games in it's series, has never had anything more violent than a foreclosure on your house.
3) Have you ever seen any AA character do ANYTHING related to fighting? No. Why? Because that's just not who they are.
4) C. Falcon is a BOUNTY HUNTER as well as a racer. That means he goes around with a gun, beating people up (that means he's fighting for all of you with no life), and shooting them.
5) Animal crossing, in my opinion, is a fairly decent game. So don't be giving me any BS about "NO U CANOT SEY DAT BECUZ U NO LIKE TEH GAME."
6) Ya'll need to quit spending so much time talking about pointless crap, and go do something that requires more than moving your fingers as fast as you can across a keyboard.

Amen.
1. Okay.
2. Okay.
3. Point taken. On the other hand, what has Peach ever done and did Fox's father teach him in the way of the ninja to make him so powerful that he can own the King of Evil Ganondorf? Also, I shudder to think of the cruel bloodshed that takes place behind the innocent facade of the Game&Watch universe.
4. The bounter hunter part was actually added AFTER he became a Smash staple.
5. Okay.
6. poidrüpoztrtuiopiuztreruiopuztreeipoiuztrertzuiopiuztrseuzopiuztipoiopirewrtzui
Moving my fingers quickly against the keyboard seems unproductive. Am I doing something wrong?

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
First off, I'd like to say that I love everyone.

Clearly, there is still no evidence that KK or Nook can't fight in Brawl solely on the basis that they haven't fought before. Since I haven't thoroughly played all the AC games, I retract any statements about whether KK or Nook is better, but saying that Brawl cannot put a character who has not fought before in a fighting game is sheer nonsense. Has nothing to do with violence or lack thereof, but its importance to the Nintendo whole.

AC needs to be represented, as it will bring many new players into the upcoming Wii game, like Marth and Roy did for FE.

Mr. T

Smash Rookie
I bet you think you're cool. Nothing like insulting others over the internet and making references as to how little a life some of us might have. I enjoy talking about pointless crap, over the internet and in real life coversations. Maybe you should spend a little time outside yourself as well. It might give you more of a joy than making yourself sound cooler than other people over the internet.
Lets see here...
1)Yes I do. I also know I'm cool.
2)True. There really isn't anything like it. Except for being good at it.
3)We have something in common?! Oh shock!
4)I just finished a season of track a week or so ago. And BTW, in track, you get a LOT more excersize than most other sports. At the very least, our track team did. I would also know that because I do other sports as well. Like tennis, football, soccer, etc.
5)No, nothing gives me more joy. Except for icecream.

1. Okay.
2. Okay.
3. Point taken. On the other hand, what has Peach ever done and did Fox's father teach him in the way of the ninja to make him so powerful that he can own the King of Evil Ganondorf? Also, I shudder to think of the cruel bloodshed that takes place behind the innocent facade of the Game&Watch universe.
4. The bounter hunter part was actually added AFTER he became a Smash staple.
5. Okay.
6. poidrüpoztrtuiopiuztreruiopuztreeipoiuztrertzuiopiuztrseuzopiuztipoiopirewrtzui
Moving my fingers quickly against the keyboard seems unproductive. Am I doing something wrong?
Touche. But might I remind you that Fox did have ninja skillz in Starfox Adventures. Though I'm pretty sure that came out after Melee.
Game & Watch was only in there because he's one of Nintendo's oldest, and most important characters. Tom Nook on the other hand, is neither insanely old, OR important. A lot of people would know who Game & Watch is, but not as many would know who Tom is.

But I'd like to raise one last point before my anual 2 hours of internet leaisure expires. When Nintendo held a pole for which characters people would most like to see in Brawl, I do believe that any character from AC, wasn't even in the top 100.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
Yeah both characters are completly NOT important. I mean it's not like Nook and K.K. were even trophies on Melee before Animal Crossing came out. I'll even admit that a large portion of Nintendo's fan are in fact children so to say G&W is more known when most weren't even born when he came out is far fetch. The ONLY reason G&W could be more known is because of Melee. Other than Pikmin with Captain Olimar, Animal Crossing is the only other original fanchise I can think of that could make a good addition. Correct me if Im wrong though.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
personaly I really can't imagine either Nook or KK fighting, animal crossing is really not a fighting game in my opinion... I guess KK can bash ppl with his guitar, and sing songs or something.

FE moves were all made up too after all.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
No one has even said that... Have you been sleeping under a rock? The whole thread is about who thinks K.K. deserves a spot just as much Nook does.

Mr. T

Smash Rookie
Yeah both characters are completly NOT important. I mean it's not like Nook and K.K. were even trophies on Melee before Animal Crossing came out. I'll even admit that a large portion of Nintendo's fan are in fact children so to say G&W is more known when most weren't even born when he came out is far fetch. The ONLY reason G&W could be more known is because of Melee. Other than Pikmin with Captain Olimar, Animal Crossing is the only other original fanchise I can think of that could make a good addition. Correct me if Im wrong though.
Keep in mind that I said MOST PEOPLE, not "little kids who play Nintendo games."
There's a lot more people who have been around long enough to know who Mr. Game & Watch is, than there are little children (and granted, I suppose a few adults) who know who K.K. Slider (whoever the heck he is. See? I don't even know who he is!) and Tom Nook (surprisingly enough, I know who he is. Scary)

And Caael, get your butt back to GSSF before your brains rot out! You know how agitated those aliens in your head get if they don't get their daily dose of it.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
What are you talking about? YOU ARE A CHILD! The fact that you weren't even born when G&W came out makes your entire defense pointless. If you dont want Animal Crossing characters in the game that's fine, but dont come in here trying to ruin the discussion with ignorant excuses of why they cant be in the game.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
OH. MY. GAWD.

Amen.

*cracks knuckles*

Here we go!

1)In regards to the Jackson crack;

He is hugging a bloody tiger.... that is preety ballsy to me.

Really? You believe that huh? Hmm...

Maybe not fighting, but physical contact nonetheless:

see no gun on C. Falcon. So he is just a fruity little muscular guy in spandex with the power of spontaneous combustion....oh, who happens to partake in futuristic NASCAR.

5) Glad to see you have good taste.

6) Oh the beatiful irony!

K.K. for Brawl! Because nothing says "PWNED" more than a high pitched voiced puppy dog wailing on your sorry *** with his guitar, only to play your death off with K.K. Metal.

Itchi

Smash Cadet
Life/Role Play characters should stay that way, especially when there puffy, snuggly, little animals that live together in a town. o.o

Evolver

Smash Cadet
if tom nook would be in brawl, i would make him my main just to "pawn" some others with him *eg*

i think if a ac char will be in then its tom nook, k.k. slider dont have that much screen time like tom nook.

Tom Nook btw said he used be a fighter btw .....

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Seriously, what's with all the Animal Crossing hate on this board? Jeez, it's like every other member here turns into a narrow-minded noob at the mention on an AC character in Brawl. And it's funny, too, because while they're all screaming "It'll never happen!!1", the opposite in is in fact the reality. It is so likely that an Animal Crossing character will be present in Brawl's roster, it's not even funny.

What most of you fail to realize is that Animal Crossing is a huge franchise. It's had 3 games already, with a fourth game already planned for the Wii. It's even had its own movie. Its own movie. Answer me this: What was the last Nintendo franchise so popular that it was made into a major motion picture? Super Mario Bros. (NOTE: The pokemon films cannot count for this because A) those come out more often than Megaman games, and B) They play off the popularity of the Anime, not the games.) Not to mention the outstanding popularity of the franchise, both in Japan and abroad. Animal Crossing has very quickly become of Nintendo's major hitters, and to think they wouldn't considered for a game for Nintendo All-Stars, then you're just being foolish.

Come on! They don't even fight in that game!
So? What does that have to with anything? Game and Watch never fought. Captain Falcon never fought. Fox, Zelda, Sheik, the Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario, or Falco never fought. Wario never fought in Wario Ware, but that's the version they chose for him. I fail to see how pre-determined fighting prowess is a requirement for being in Smash.

Animal Crossing is huge, it is popular, and it is fun. To think that they wouldn't consider repping it at all is just delusional.

There. Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to say I love the idea of K.K. being in Brawl, but I have a feeling Tom Nook would probably have gotten in first, only because he's pretty much the central character of the franchise.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't care what type of game the character comes from, I care whether or no they can be a fun, creative, and balanced addition. I'd say that Tom Nook has the possibilities of being a good addition with a creative move set, and would fit in with the rest of the cast. Actually, I hope that he may somehow make it in the game. He could use axes, shovels, fishing poles, bug nets... possibilites are endless. Nook for Brawl!

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Animal Crossing is huge, it is popular, and it is fun. To think that they wouldn't consider repping it at all is just delusional.
Very good point, HiddenTiger. Animal Crossing is a real possibility--one that approaches inevitability. A modern philosopher, one might liken him to Dostoevsky's underground man, put it this way.

People see somethin' they don't wanna see, and for whatever reason, they
pretend they don't see nothin'. This...sort of tendency...is spreadin' like a disease. It's real tragic to say, but that's the world we live in. Don't that seem sorta... all messed up to you?
That's Resetti. The mole. From Animal Crossing.

Top Bottom