• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What about K.K. Slider?

Mamush

Smash Cadet
K.K. Slider

Everyone always mentions Tom Nook, but while playing AC games I never even really liked him. Am I the only one who likes Slider more? Discuss...

Caael

Smash Lord
No, Animal Crossing characters are guaranteed not to be in the game. It's like putting some random guitarist in, if Slider is added. Same with a shopkeeper for nook. Metroid, Zelda, Mario, they aren't life Sims like Animal crossing. It wont happen, and i'm glad.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
No, I less-than-three that guy as much as anyone. "My music wants to be free..." Great guy, and if we consider Brawl, a good moveset capability. But not as good as Nook's. Which is why K.K. has gotten the shaft on the forums. Nook is basically the enabler for all your endeavors in AC, so it makes sense that he will probably get the slot if anyone.

Both Totaka and Minegishi are included on the composer list, so you get a few hope points there. I seem to remember an article that stated that Minegishi composed the K.K. Slider songs, at least for Wild World. Are they the same songs? I never played the original AC.

Regardless, I think we can use the composer list to speculate, as long as we look at each composer specifically, their total career included. "C it sez taht yoko shimomura is makin teh muzax, so CLOUD STRIFE is in BrAwl!!1!!" is illogical, but if you look at her career, you see she also composed for Super Mario RPG. I'm thinking we're looking at the credits for both the orginal songs and the remixes, which is why the list is so long. So the question is, "Is this composer being credited with the original song being used, or his/her remix of it?"

EDIT: Perhaps we are only looking at remixers. Hip Tanaka is not on the list, and I don't see how they can get around using his original music. That's the first Metroid, Mother 1 & 2, Kid Icarus, Balloon Fight, and Dr. Mario. Ando is absent along with his cohorts that worked on Kirby, and Ichinose and the other composers that did all the Pokemon music are missing. Dave Wise and the other DKC composers aren't there, either. So scratch that--we are definitely, and only, looking at those who provide arrangements of previous songs, not the original songs themselves.

Don't worry, I don't like Tom Nook either. You aren't supposed to like him. He's the villain--representative of what, in a capitalistic society, we call "The Man." Though he's not as wholesome or altruistic as K.K., Tom Nook could throw paint, use a fishing rod, axe, shovel, net, etc. They both would be great, but Nook wins.

I'll be happy either way.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Once again, a member's dislike for a series blinds him/her to the chances of a character's inclusion.

How you get from "Life-Simulation" to "Not in a Fighting Game" makes no sense whatsoever. There is no logical contradiction. F-Zero is a racing game, where no one fights anyone out of cockpit either, as was Star Fox at the time of SSB64 and Melee. Their movesets were more contrived than Slider's or Nook's would ever have to be. Fact is, Animal Crossing has been hugely popular, and a third game is on the way. The chances for one of them are quite good.

It's like putting some random guitarist in, if Slider is added. Same with a shopkeeper for nook.
Wow. Mario is a plumber. Fox is a vulpine astronaut. Game & Watch is made of liquid crystal, in two dimensions only. Pikachu is an electric rat wearing rouge. DeDeDe is a penguin in elaborate, czarish garb, wielding a giant mallet. Somehow, I just don't get the feeling that a guitarist or shopkeeper is out of place. How do you feel about a talking mushroom wearing a vest? Just curious.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Once again, a member's dislike for a series blinds him/her to the chances of a character's inclusion.

How you get from "Life-Simulation" to "Not in a Fighting Game" makes no sense whatsoever. There is no logical contradiction. F-Zero is a racing game, where no one fights anyone out of cockpit either, as was Star Fox at the time of SSB64 and Melee. Their movesets were more contrived than Slider's or Nook's would ever have to be. Fact is, Animal Crossing has been hugely popular, and a third game is on the way. The chances for one of them are quite good.

It's like putting some random guitarist in, if Slider is added. Same with a shopkeeper for nook.
Wow. Mario is a plumber. Fox is a vulpine astronaut. Game & Watch is made of liquid crystal, in two dimensions only. Pikachu is an electric rat wearing rouge. DeDeDe is a penguin in elaborate, czarish garb, wielding a giant mallet. Somehow, I just don't get the feeling that a guitarist or shopkeeper is out of place. How do you feel about a talking mushroom wearing a vest? Just curious.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
No, Animal Crossing characters are guaranteed not to be in the game.
Since when? Get your facts strait before you go mixing them up with your own oppinion...

It's like putting some random guitarist in, if Slider is added. Same with a shopkeeper for nook. Metroid, Zelda, Mario, they aren't life Sims like Animal crossing. It wont happen, and i'm glad.
The ONLY thing remotely similar about everyone is that their on Nintendo or were at some point in time on a Nintendo console. Of course they aren't like Animal Crossing, because each are completly different genres. Your comparison is like saying well Samus isn't a plumber so she's got to go. Since WHEN does a genre determine if a character is capable of being in smash???

Though he's not as wholesome or altruistic as K.K., Tom Nook could throw paint, use a fishing rod, axe, shovel, net, etc. They both would be great, but Nook wins.
How so? How does Tom Nook win? You just listed things that everyone in the game can do... K.K. is the only one who plays music and is able to those same moves you listed considering everyone else in the game can do them.

Okay okay, let's put a Random person from ' The Sims' in the game. That way, it's totally different.

It wont happen....no Animal Crossing characters will make it..it's stupid..
1. It's not the Sims!
2. Since when are all the charcters the exact same?
3. It's a Nintendo title so it actualy DOES have a chance. We even seen Nintendogs in the trailer...
4. The only thing stupid is your reasons against it.

To come to a complete conclusion in MY OPPINION if Nook was to be added to Brawl they might as well add K.K., because both are Nintendo characters and would make a good addition.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
K.K. does not live in the town. He is a modern minstrel. Perhaps he could do those things, but one never sees it. Ganon could wield the bug catching net in ALttP, but one never sees it. Nook sells the games items, and one interacts with him more in the games. Nook is a more central character--that is the main reason for his inclusion over K.K.

But everyone likes K.K. Slider. I actually saw him in concert a month ago in L.A.--he was opening for the Goo Goo Dolls.

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
K.K. Slider

Everyone always mentions Tom Nook, but while playing AC games I never even really liked him. Am I the only one who likes Slider more? Discuss...
What about him?
like seriously no ones scared of a dog with a guitar
*no offense to be negative, but come on think of better characters*

Mamush

Smash Cadet
So when's the last time you saw Nook fishing? In the first one K.K. was actualy the one you first talked to. My whole argument is I dont see why people mention Nook first and leave K.K. in the shadows when Nook doesn't really have any advantages of being in Brawl over K.K.

What about him?
like seriously no ones scared of a dog with a guitar
*no offense to be negative, but come on think of better characters*
Are you SERIOUS? Ima just say Jiggilypuff and stop there...

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
Good point, but i guess some people choose nook over K.K

I think having a AC playable character is plain stupid, i see them as mini game hosts in SSBB, that is if there is any

Zaku009

Smash Rookie
@chaostyrant: Did you not understand the question? hes talking about kk slider over tom nook. if you dont have any helpful or relevant thing to add to the discussion then keep your **** mouth shut.

@pomfrod: didnt you say you never played the original ac? you meet kk before you even meet anyone else, he introduces you to the game before your village even exists.

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
@chaostyrant: Did you not understand the question? hes talking about kk slider over tom nook. if you dont have any helpful or relevant thing to add to the discussion then keep your **** mouth shut.

@pomfrod: didnt you say you never played the original ac? you meet kk before you even meet anyone else, he introduces you to the game before your village even exists.
I can see that your intelligent, but the way you tend to flame hides it :chuckle: *reports btw*

Anyway...
like i said, tom nook is the personal favorite

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
GEEZ... sore loser anybody?
Half the people who like Nook more haven't even played the games.
I don't tend to care what a smash n00b has to say :3

right ;) , I'm out, don't wanna own someone at a flame war *who tends to have the IQ as belly button lint*

Zaku009

Smash Rookie
Sorry if i hurt your little feelings, but you have to admit your first post was stupid and pointless.
Oh and as far as flaming goes, youre basically flaming the guy who drew that version of fox. Hypocrite.

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if i hurt your little feelings, but you have to admit your first post was stupid and pointless.
Oh and as far as flaming goes, youre basically flaming the guy who drew that version of fox. Hypocrite.
Its not flaming, its called not agreeing
*also your first post wasn't very nice either, and welcome to the forums !:psycho:

Caael

Smash Lord
Since when? Get your facts strait before you go mixing them up with your own oppinion...

The ONLY thing remotely similar about everyone is that their on Nintendo or were at some point in time on a Nintendo console. Of course they aren't like Animal Crossing, because each are completly different genres. Your comparison is like saying well Samus isn't a plumber so she's got to go. Since WHEN does a genre determine if a character is capable of being in smash???

How so? How does Tom Nook win? You just listed things that everyone in the game can do... K.K. is the only one who plays music and is able to those same moves you listed considering everyone else in the game can do them.

1. It's not the Sims!
2. Since when are all the charcters the exact same?
3. It's a Nintendo title so it actualy DOES have a chance. We even seen Nintendogs in the trailer...
4. The only thing stupid is your reasons against it.

To come to a complete conclusion in MY OPPINION if Nook was to be added to Brawl they might as well add K.K., because both are Nintendo characters and would make a good addition.
I'm not saying it wont happen, i'm saying I dont want it to happen.

I said the sims, because thats still a life sim, so it's the same.

Just because it's Nintendo, doesn't mean they will be in. That's like saying that the Mercury from mercury meltdown should be in Brawl.

I'm not saying genre affects Brawl chances, i'm saying that life sims arent ideal for a fighting game. And since when were Mario's games about plumbing?

Be realistic, Animal Crossing is like a second life, not an action game with shooting and fighting ect. You might as well put Jimi Hendrix in there; he's a guitarist.

You could have items from the series in there, like the pitfall traps, but the characters just aren't suited to this style of game. If you think about it, all of the characters in the Smash Games have all been in some form of fighting game. Animal crossing characters aren't. That's why I dont think they will appear in Brawl.

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice

I said the sims, because thats still a life sim, so it's the same.

Just because it's Nintendo, doesn't mean they will be in. That's like saying that the Mercury from mercury meltdown should be in Brawl.

I'm not saying genre affects Brawl chances, i'm saying that life sims arent ideal for a fighting game. And since when were Mario's games about plumbing?

Be realistic, Animal Crossing is like a second life, not an action game with shooting and fighting ect. You might as well put Jimi Hendrix in there; he's a guitarist.

You could have items from the series in there, like the pitfall traps, but the characters just aren't suited to this style of game. If you think about it, all of the characters in the Smash Games have all been in some form of fighting game. Animal crossing characters aren't. That's why I dont think they will appear in Brawl.
caael ftw

also i am sorry for getting on the wrong start Zaku009 , no need for making enemy's

Zaku009

Smash Rookie
Its not flaming, its called not agreeing
*also your first post wasn't very nice either, and welcome to the forums !:psycho:
exactly, and i was "not agreeing" with you posting something that didnt even matter. As for not bein enemies, try not to turn to reporting after one diss. Its lame. Oh and thanks for the welcome, haha.

@caael: 4 words. Mr. Game & Watch.

Vali

Smash Ace
That is an absolutely horrible argument against AC characters.

Animal Crossing is 1st or 2nd party, doesn't matter since MM is a 3rd party game and those slots are limited.

I'm not saying genre affects Brawl chances, i'm saying that life sims arent ideal for a fighting game.
Neither are racing games, Captain Falcon proves you wrong.

He's not a videogame character. Captain Falcon on the other hand beats your argument hands down.

ou could have items from the series in there, like the pitfall traps, but the characters just aren't suited to this style of game. If you think about it, all of the characters in the Smash Games have all been in some form of fighting game. Animal crossing characters aren't. That's why I dont think they will appear in Brawl.
Captain Falcon screws over your argument once again. I could repeat through with other non-fighting characters such as Peach (Melee was made before Super Princess Peach), Game and Watch etc. but it'd be a waste of time.

Morphie

Smash Rookie
K.K. Slider Guitar SMASSSSSHHH. If you don't think that would be amazing, you are crazy.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
No, Animal Crossing characters are guaranteed NOT to be in the game.
Okay okay, let's put a Random person from ' The Sims' in the game. That way, it's totally different.

It wont happen....no Animal Crossing characters will make it..it's stupid..
I'm not saying genre affects Brawl chances, i'm saying that life sims arent ideal for a fighting game.
It wont happen, and i'm glad.
It's obvious your just a hypocrite whose biased. I could go on but I have to go to work.

Vali

Smash Ace
I wouldn't put any money on it, but it's more likely than quite a lot of suggestions that have been put forward.

Doesn't excuse the fact that you actually have no argument against why they couldn't be in.

Caael

Smash Lord
I do have an arguement.

The fact that Captain Falcon has an anime in where he fights is more than enough evidence for him fighting.

The only fighting you do in Animal crossing is is you decide to hit somebody with a spade or Axe, which doesnt actually kill them.

Dont get me wrong, I love Animal crossing as a game, but it isn't suited to a game like Smash.

Animal Crossing is just such a relaxed game, if you were to have characters in Brawl from it, then it would kill the feeling you get from the game.

Caael

Smash Lord
Right. So you want to put a puppy in a fighting game and expect it to do well.

Righto.

I've said before, items wont matter if added, would be quite cool to have a pitfall seed and laugh as people fall down holes, but a character is too far.

Vali

Smash Ace
I do have an arguement.

The fact that Captain Falcon has an anime in where he fights is more than enough evidence for him fighting.

The only fighting you do in Animal crossing is is you decide to hit somebody with a spade or Axe, which doesnt actually kill them.

Dont get me wrong, I love Animal crossing as a game, but it isn't suited to a game like Smash.

Animal Crossing is just such a relaxed game, if you were to have characters in Brawl from it, then it would kill the feeling you get from the game.
Captain Falcon, voiced by David Wills in the English version and Hideyuki Tanaka in the Japanese version, was featured in this fifty-one episode anime, which originally aired on Japan's TV Tokyo from 2003 - 2004

Taken from Wikipedia, get your facts straight before posting. You're trying to say this was before SSB64? His moveset was invented for SSB64 and then I believe worked into the Anime. Something along those lines.

If you do fighting in Animal Crossing you kill your premise that there's no fighting in AC, and please explain to me how having a videogame character make an appearance in a fighting game spoil the series? It isn't affecting Animal Crossing in any way other than promoting the franchise which I hardly think is a negative.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
I do have an arguement.

Doesn't change the fact that they frequently have to make up moves for even the best of qualified characters. (Captain Falcon) How the crap would it kill the feeling of the game? Vali is right you have NO ARGUMENT. All you have done is made up excuses that have end up with you contradicting yourself because you have no idea what your talking about.

Caael

Smash Lord
Could have sworn you were meant to be at work.

It would kill the feeling of a game. Why? Do you really want to see a relaxed, chilled dog guitarist beating the **** out of Metaknight? Would you look at him the same again?

If only you lived near me, I would bet large sums of money on Animal Crossing characters being in the game.

Think logically, guys. There are many more deserving characters for Brawl.

Vali

Smash Ace
It would kill the feeling of a game. Why? Do you really want to see a relaxed, chilled dog guitarist beating the **** out of Metaknight? Would you look at him the same again?
There are fans of the character, obviously ones that would want to play him in Brawl otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. I personally even after Peach's inclusion in Melee see her as a helpless damsal in distress. I know that Smash Bros. isn't canon material for a series and what happens in it doesn't affect the universes of their games. I didn't sit through Super Mario Sunshine thinking "Why didn't Peach just down smash to SHFFL fair Bowser?" because that would be ********.

Think logically, guys. There are many more deserving characters for Brawl.
Is your opinion. Fact = logic. Opinion doesn't.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Just for the record, I believe that AC characters in general wouldn't do well. Except Tom Nook. This K.K. Slider seems really awesome... but Nook has supreme wackiness. As said, Slider is apparently quite mellow and stuff... Nook is a store owner. As Link's Awakening proves, store owners kill people. I'd love to see the little ******* flip out and run around owning anyone who hasn't paid their debts. Kekekeke.

Vali

Smash Ace
I'd love to see the little ******* flip out and run around owning anyone who hasn't paid their debts. Kekekeke.
Think I posted http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=169 back on Wiseguy's thread. It's such an awesome comic :chuckle:.

Edit: Not wanting to rack up posts like a post-junkie I think I'll just do an edit instead. Did I actually just read Morphie say they aren't going to put Ganondorf in Brawl? >.> I must be tired...or something...

Morphie

Smash Rookie
Just for the record, I believe that AC characters in general wouldn't do well. Except Tom Nook. This K.K. Slider seems really awesome... but Nook has supreme wackiness. As said, Slider is apparently quite mellow and stuff... Nook is a store owner. As Link's Awakening proves, store owners kill people. I'd love to see the little ******* flip out and run around owning anyone who hasn't paid their debts. Kekekeke.
House upgrade attack = A large mansion appears above target player and SMASHES them to bits. Laffo @ Tom Nook. If he's in the game then K.K. Slider should be jammin' tunes on his level. I'd settle for that.

All I know is, whoever they put in the game will be well thought out and will certianly have a comprehensive moveset. I think they've learned from the successes and failures of SSBM and aren't likely to recreate Pichu and Gannondorf, etc.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
You have to be kidding me. Slider is not a random player from the game. He is actually of importance. He's a big deal. He's not the occasional Wolfgang some towns get. That logic makes including any pokemon sound like an idiotic idea. There are over 400 pokemon. Why pick a random one and put it in from an animal kingdom simulator? Because that one has IMPORTANCE. It's not the average one.

If you think a cute little animal doesn't have the ferocity needed to be in a fighting game, I would like you to examine the following characters that appeared in melee and tell me what makes them so vicious outside of smash: Peach, Game and Watch, the Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Pichu, Dr. Mario.

Now I know I will immediately be met with a "YOU ARE A NOOB MAN" response and I can't really refute it. I just recently registered and decided to post now. However, if your only response to an argument that shuts down your logic is "you are a noob", then I'd like to see you say nothing. :x

Anyway, Nook is more likely than Slider because he is always in the town, rather than just friday nights. He is actually a big part of the game, where as slider is more of a fun side-character. Slider would be awesome to see, but Nook beats him in practicality. Animal crossing isn't a big enough franchise to sport two characters I don't think, and Nook has to go in before a more fun character like Slider does.

Top Bottom