• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What’s your favorite Pokémon game?

Spyro

Smash Ace
My favorite Pokémon game is Pokémon mystery dungeon red/blue, I really liked the music, story, battle system, and the whole concept of turning into a Pokémon. It was lodes of fun to play and the story got me really into it.

Tell me what your favorite Pokémon game is and what you like about it / why it is your favorite. And remember, we are talking about favorites here, not about what game is the best, so don’t get upset if someone’s favorite Pokémon game is not the same as yours.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Silver.

600 hours of pure enjoyment came out of that. Was the first Pokemon game that really got me addicted (Red was sort of frustrating for me).

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Gold

Honestly, I haven't been able to replicate the feeling of satisfaction that came with completing the Ice Cave for the first time. Catching Ho-Oh was arguably one of the most magical moments to my childhood -- doubtlessly, one of of the highlights of it as well -- because I'd spent countless hours pressing the "A" and "B" buttons, under the typical impression that it would give Ultra Balls 90%~ catch rate. Team Rocket's hideout was also pretty satisfying to beat, as I didn't have a strategy guide of any kind and kind of screwed myself by pressing the buttons in a random order.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Crystal or Sapphire.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Red

10Reds

Nothing beats the OG 151

:135:

D

Deleted member

the silver version i won a week before the game was released. it wasn't different in any way, but i won it so it's special to me.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Well I mean, I'd be willing to play Red/Blue versions anytime, they never get old for me; but that's probably due to the nostalgia-factor they got. Really I'd probly have to go with Crystal overall though.

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
Gold, the generation that brought the most innovation to the series. I loved discovering the new pokemon, I had a player's guide that didn't show all the new pokemon and the internet wasn't what it is now so it was cool seeing new unexpected pokemon through game play alone (azumarill and misdreavus come to mind).

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Well I mean, I'd be willing to play Red/Blue versions anytime, they never get old for me; but that's probably due to the nostalgia-factor they got. Really I'd probly have to go with Crystal overall though.
Crystal fTW imo.
though i never caught suicune ;-;

:phone:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Silver. ...yep. It introduced Steelix, and it's been my favorite Pokemon for years so it gives me fond memories.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Debating on Silver or Emerald. Future Pokemon games will never be up to par with some of the past gens.

UberMario

Smash Master
HeartGold and SoulSilver. It combined my favorite qualities of Gold, Silver, Crystal and Yellow into one very appealing masterpiece. The remixes were downright amazing, too.

If we're not counting remakes, then Crystal was my favorite.

Top Bottom