• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We've guessed before but lets guess again now that we know more (plus that delay)

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
The 2 most important questions.

How many stages do you think will make it?

How many characters do you think will make it.?

I'm not asking what you WANT, I'm asking what you think will happen.

I'm expecting at least 50 stages. It's offical stages are returning. Last game we had 29, the first game we had less than ten. I'm expecting around 60 stages, about 35-40 of them brand new. Out of those stages, just a guess half of them will be legal (which is great).

At first I was expecting 35 characters. But after hearing some rumors, and realizing how this team is bigger than than the Melee team. And is taking nearly 3 times longer to make the game I'm saying 40 characters. No Clones. I'm counting Samus as two and Zelda as two but PT as one. Imagine how difficult the metagame will be to learn with 40 characters. That's nearly double.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
35-40 characters is a good bet.

stages, no clue. they have so many great ideas already and i hope they have loads more, but the stage creator is a lovely touch to make the perfect stage for yourself.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I say 35-40 characters. I doubt it'll be as many as 40, if it's more I'll be very surprised/shocked. As for stages I think we'll get 2 stages per main Nintendo series. I think every series with a playable character will have a stage to go with it. Things like Mario or Zelda could get as many as 3 stages (maybe more?!) I'm guessing Metroid could get another stage we don't know about yet, and StarFox will probably have at least 2.

Then there are the past stages. Personally I hope we do see some N64 stages too. I'm thinking we'll see 3 or 4 from Melee though.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
Mario will get way more than 3. I used to think 35 but after that delay I'm thinking they had to have added a few characters.
i dont think two months is enough time to create any new characters. they have to design, model, and program the character FIRST, and then they begin the extensive testing process which would probably take longer than everything else put together. testing this character fighting these opponents on this stage with that item....too many variables.

unless the two month delay was to add time for testing, which i suppose is very possible.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
I'm expecting 40 characters, give or take a few.

I'm thinking this time, every playable character will have a corresponding stage, which may or may not include past stages. Then we have stages for franchises without PCs, like Mario Circuit, Smashville, and Pictochat. Finally, we have smash original stages, i.e. Battlefield and FD.
So somewhere within 50-60.

M.K

Level 55
I'm thinking 40-45 characters. The reason is because...there are so many more choices out there than before. I mean, Melee only (and ONLY) had nostalgia from the N64, NES, SNES, and Game Boy. It was a launch title, meaning there was no chance for characters from the great Gamecube/Game Boy Advance/Nintendo Ds Series (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, 3rd/4th Gen Pokemon, Touch! Generation). Now, we are even seeing reps from the Wii games (Princess Rosalina Assist Trophy, etc.). Take into account the immense prep time, and you got yourself a diverse cast.

For stages, I'm thinking 50-60, with a couple being the same layout/different backgrounds (which I don't mind at all). Mario Circuit and Frigate Orpheon gave light to the fact that each series might retain two or more stages, which is phenomenal!

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
maybe 40 characters. Most of them will seem new though, since they're probably going to take out Clones. Stages? I'm guessing 50ish, and about 20-25 Assist Trophies.

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
My guess for no logical reason, only my thought process has allways been 43 characters and 58 stages. No solid reasoning just my own personal prediction.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I'm expecting 23-35 characters and around 14 starters =]. Yes I do think that. Not sure about stages. May be about 5 or more stages because the Stage Builder can be used to its fullest if you think about it. Don't take my word for it on stages though. Don't flame me for what I think is our roster.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
There's gonna be 40+ characters. Brawl has 28 months to be made melee had 10 and brawl has double the development time. You have to be retarted to think there will be 20-35 characters.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Yes, and they're NOT just making characters in that development time. Remember that we already have 25 characters, and they are all original. New original characters with their own movesets take longer to make than clones like Young Link and Doctor Mario.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Yes, and they're NOT just making characters in that development time. Remember that we already have 25 characters, and they are all original. New original characters with their own movesets take longer to make than clones like Young Link and Doctor Mario.
THEY HAVE SO MANY MORE PEOPLE, MORE EXPERIENCE AND MORE TIME DAMMIT.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be surprised if we had 50 characters....because I'm part of a very small faction that believes that clones will be back. Not just old clones but new clones and even "hybrid clones" (clones that have mixed moves from two different characters.)

Example: King K. Rool could be a Hybrid of Bowser/D.K. For specials: Side and Over b would be Bowsers and his Standard/Up b would be d.k.s.

That being said, I would also NOT be surprised if there are only 30-35 characters.

So I guess my margin of surprise is Below 30-over 50

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
There's gonna be 40+ characters. Brawl has 28 months to be made melee had 10 and brawl has double the development time. You have to be retarted to think there will be 20-35 characters.
I said don't flame me for my opinion! I've stated most of my arguments about this in the later pages of Conspiracy Theoracy and I'm not going to start a tangent here since this is what our thoughts are on how many we characters we think there are from what we've seen.

Azura

Smash Cadet
THEY HAVE SO MANY MORE PEOPLE, MORE EXPERIENCE AND MORE TIME DAMMIT.

They certainly do, but they've also had more aspects to work on such as the stage builder, recordings and the much improved adventure mode. Speaking of which, since all or most characters are practically guaranteed to be a part of SSE, we must consider that each of them is going to be given a role to play. Slots in cutscenes and battles that have to be planned and implemented. Each new character, give or take a few, mounts even more work onto SSE, which is allegedly either the main focus of Brawl or just a bigger focus than in the previous two games. I don't remember where I got that idea from, not a clue about how credible it is, but it's plausible enough.

All things considered, though, I think 42 characters and 55 stages is a fair estimate.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I am guessing 40 characters, transformations/switchables = 1

Stages should be 1 per character, and a few from "unrepresented" (atleast not by a character) franchises. I cannot come up with any truly good examples, except a game like Chibi Robo, I never played it but it could get a stage/item/AT for Brawl.

Also, there will probably be 3 stages from 64 returning, and 5-7 from Melee returning

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
I said don't flame me for my opinion! I've stated most of my arguments about this in the later pages of Conspiracy Theoracy and I'm not going to start a tangent here since this is what our thoughts are on how many we characters we think there are from what we've seen.
Don't listen to Hippo. He's pretty much our resident troll.

Anyways, I'm pretty much expecting 35-45 characters and 40-55 stages. I also actually hope clones will be back, as that means we get more characters. Plus, it gives Ness hope.

Dither

Smash Apprentice
I'm expecting around 30-34 characters, and about the 15-20 stages, not counting the Melee or Stage Creator ones. I'm being very conservative, I know, but I don't want to be disappointed.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm expecting 35 characters at the very least. Anything less is really kind of sad. Sakurai has had plenty of time to piece this game together. That and he has alot of resources.

Galax

Smash Rookie
I think there won't be more than 30 characters. Melee had 25 characters, but it had also 8-9 clones. So let say in melee, there is 16 original characters. I think that in Brawl, 30 originals is a pretty good number. Personnally, I don't want to see clones again.

For the stages, i hope Nintendo will offer about 50 stages + the stage editor.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind clones. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd rather have 35 characters and 5 clones than just 36 characters. Because the clones are very different, look how different Fox and Falco play, or Falcon and Gannon. I would LOVE a peach with less recovery and more power.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
snything less then 40 will be dissapointing, but stages are infinite thanks to stage builder..

Top Bottom