• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
coming out of mikehaze i've been doing just fine
gotta gotta be down because i want it all
it's started out with a kiss how did it end up like this
it was only a kiss it was only a kiss

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
Talking to Ronel right now.

Until we get enough moolaz, there's gonna be a capacity limit. @_-

So until then, go bid on a Sky Raider member in an auction! :D We have beautiful bachelors and me (****it). :3

And it's either SF State or a party place (that actually fits more people).

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know about the cap and financial situation until it was confirmed from Ronel. FFFFFFFFF

We'll see what happens. >_<;;;;;;

pockyD

Smash Legend
obviously if you don't have enough money, capping the amount of entrants (and therefore, the amount of income) will solve your problem -_-

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
I didn't expect this at all. I thought we were set. -_@

I'd rather have a New Year Smashfest party or something at this rate.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
"1st Choice: Pacelli Event Center
-holds 550+ people
-The venue will cost a total of $5,200 to rent for 2 days (11hrs each day). We need $800 right now to reserve the building (the $800 will cover for 4 hrs also). If each Sky Raiders puts in $100 for the venue, then we have $1,200. Then we would need $4,000 more. Winning 1st place at Axis will be a huge help!!! This is the venue we are aiming for!!!! " This was what we were gonna have originally.

But then we got SF State for free/uber cheap or something. Then like...it only holds 375 people. @_@ Seriously I wanted that party place.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Well if the max occupancy is 375, we probably -could- fit more than 375 in, although it'd be a little tight. Don't know if that's legal or anything though zz

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Axis barely had 300. Do you really think you will exceed the largest tourney ever by another 25%? That's pretty unlikely if you ask me. Especially since you have 141 planned attendees on AiB, and Axis had almost 250 I think by the time it rolled around.

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
Just an update to all who are confused and paranoid about this tournament:

This tounament WILL HAPPEN!!! We also have a PA system, 2-3 projectors to show brackets/matchups, and we do have the venue! Sunday for Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles will happen in the Jack Adams Hall for sure!!! As for the saturday for Brawl Singles and Melee doubles, we have to pick out a different building on SF State since the Jack Adams Hall is reserved for another event on that day. Finances will be handled, and in order to increase the amount of prize money you get for Brawl Singles (which looks like $1,500 right now for 1st) and all the other tournament events, we have someone who is working on getting sponsors to increase the amount of prize money. Don't worry, the entry fee's won't go up. Rather, if we get some sponsors, maybe we can LOWER the entry fee. The capacity I put for Brawl Singles (256 or somtin like that) is up there because we're still not sure which building we're gonna have for saturday. So to all of you, thank you for your concerns. More updates will come soon.

Top Bottom