• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Chester OHIO, GJ + TC Gaming BRAWL Singles/Doubles CHANGED BACK to 8/3

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Jukes going? He's still playing!?
He has to see when he's moving out of his apartment.

I'm mostly just worried because... well, it looks like GJ will be Dr. X's smashfests + money taken out of the pot. It wouldn't be so bad if they just had a venue fee they collected, but the prize money would be pretty small >_>

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Think of it like this, OS. Those of us who likely won't win prizes? This saves a lot of money and time. For those of us that will? With gas topping $4 a gallon I doubt you'll wind up with as much money in the end, even if MI has a bigger pot. Plus, GJ still has some pull in the community and I'm hearing from Kel that a number of good players have expressed interest in traveling to this.

Seems kind of like a no-brainer for most of us. As much as I'd love a chance to play with some of those MI guys again, I think my vote is going to this one. Not that you can't still go to MI if you want. It's not like any of us can stop you. :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sliq could stop me. I've seen him bench press a semi.

I'm more looking for competition than prize money... but prize money is also big deal. Going to MI would only cost me $20 at most if I had 4 people in my car , and there's a $5 side tournamnet at vayseth's on sat. night that'd help too...

although, I do have class at 9 a.m. on Monday morning, so it'd be nice to not have to drive 4 1/2 hours back from MI on monday morning.

See Overswarm, that's a good reason not to go to MI. And if you're wondering who I am, I'm Doctor X's friend that was going to go up there. I don't mind the idea of going up to Michigan for a tourney, but going down the street would be the better choice.

Win-win for all, eh?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
After driving 4.5 hours to every Brawl tournament so far, the distance doesn't really bother me that much. More the end results I'm worried about. >_>

and I still don't know who you are :(

I will need a teammate for this if I do come though. Tink, you teammateless for this?

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, i didnt think they were taking outta the pot because it didnt say that in the first post <_<.....kinda ****ty when people dont say that stuff and people show up not expecting it -_-.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So the consensus is switching to MI. Sorry Q. You know we all love GJ but there's going to be a crazy turnout in MI...

QUIVO

Smash Master
How dumb. I went in and they told me they changed it back to 8/03 because of everyone expecting to go to it on that date.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Results:

Doubles:
1. Me (Pit) and Q (TL, G&W)
2. Ameer (G&W, MK) and David Kirk (MK)
3. Isaiah and his teammate... not sure who... >.<

Singles:

1. Q (TL)
2. Me (Pit)
3. David Kirk (MK, Lucario)

Yup... not a lot of people came... I was sad. Must have had something to do with the moving around of dates and scheduling on the same weekend as S&C2. Good **** to both David and Ameer, though. It was good to see both of you.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I thought about going... but having money taken out of the pot and a "check engine" light convinced me otherwise. How many people did end up showing?

Top Bottom