• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're moving up :)

Adapt

Smash Lord
Here's the new tier list, just posted today, along with changes from the last list:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214428

1. Meta Knight 0
2. Snake 0
3. Falco +2
4. King Dedede -1
5. Mr. Game & Watch -1
6. Marth +1
7. Diddy Kong +4
8. Wario 0
9. R.O.B. -3
10. Lucario -1
11. Olimar +7
12. Pikachu 0
13. Kirby +1
14. Donkey Kong -4
15. Ice Climbers -2
16. Zero Suit Samus +5
17. Toon Link 0
18. Pit -3
19. Peach +5
20. Wolf -4
21. Luigi +2
22. Zelda -2
23. Bowser -1
24. Fox -6
25. Sheik +1
26. Ike -1
27. Mario +2
28. Lucas -1
29. Ness -1
30. Samus +1
31. Sonic +2
32. Pokémon Trainer -2
33. Yoshi -1
34. Link +2
35. Jigglypuff -1
36. Ganondorf -1
37. Captain Falcon 0

Biggest jumps are Olimar, ZSS, and Peach
Biggest drops are Fox, Wolf, and Donkey Kong

We definitely are getting more recognition as a viable main, mostly thanks to Snakeee and Claw I think.

Hence

Smash Ace
Everyone seems to forget the Dazwa mains ZSS too, and is actually ranked higher than Snakeee...

Adapt

Smash Lord
If you're talking about the ranking list stickied on our boards.... that is terribly out of date. I'm not sure who is ranked higher but I'm pretty sure Snakeee has a tougher region

Chaco

Never Logs In
Everyone seems to forget the Dazwa mains ZSS too, and is actually ranked higher than Snakeee...
He also mains loads of characters. Snakee is straight up ZSS, where as Dazwa uses his other chars.

ook

Smash Lord
Well we're movin' on up! (we're movin' on up)
To the east side! (movin' on up)
To a deeeluxe apartment in the sky-y-y!

We're movin' on up! (we're movin' on up!)
To the east siiide! (movin' on up)
We finally got a piece of the pie-ie-ie-ie-ieeeeeeee!

But yeah, ZSS is good, she deserves it :lick:
she finally got her piece of the pie

Valour

Smash Rookie
ZSS has made quite the jump up the tier list! She definitely deserved to move up.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
The fact that ZSS does well against Metaknight alone bumps her up a great deal. Not to mention ZSS users have proved to everyone that ZSS isn't just another tether recovery. The more we get around her weaknesses, the more we can show off her strengths.

As for players, I think a lot of regions have good ZSS's showing up in top placements at tournies. I know RareTruffle is powerranked in norcal. Claw of course did really well in that tournament in sanfran. I'm a contender for being PR'd in socal. Not to mention there are more and more ZSS users every day. West coast is finally starting to learn how powerful ZSS can be.

sasook

Smash Champion
So this is official right? There's a Tier List 2.0 out, that's legit? Because this is awesome, +5!

Adapt

Smash Lord
Yep it's official, the topic is linked in the first post here. Btw speaking of link, he moved up as well, so your mains seem to be doing well

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
That'S really great for ZSS, I expected her to climb a bit due to how well people where doing with her recently (especially Snakeee), but 5 ranks is awesome :)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The order of the characters in this list is pretty good. ZSS moving up is expected, and encouraging. The only problem I have with this list is that there are NINE TIERS.

What the hell.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
Good job!

Next time it would be again a little bit better... ZSS is definitely stronger than Ice Climbers or DK i think ;)

I think, that 9 ranks are very much, too.
But the list is much better than the one before with just 4 ranks.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
The order of the characters in this list is pretty good. ZSS moving up is expected, and encouraging. The only problem I have with this list is that there are NINE TIERS.

What the hell.
lol this is my proposal for the new format:
MK

HIGHER THAN ZSS
Snake
etc

ZSS
Zero Suit Samus

EVERYONE ELSE EXCEPT CF
everyone else

BOTTOM
Captain Falcon

I'm kinda new to these boards, but even I'm fairly sure that you should edit that to ZSS, quickly.

Unless no one really cares anymore.
I saw your post count and I was like "NEW? You have over 1K posts!" Then I saw your join date.
Holy Posting.

Hence

Smash Ace
If you're talking about the ranking list stickied on our boards.... that is terribly out of date. I'm not sure who is ranked higher but I'm pretty sure Snakeee has a tougher region
Spring and Summer rankings aren't that old. :chuckle:
Unless Snakeee advanced the ZSS metagame incredibly, these results should still hold some merit as to what Dazwa is capable of. Watch some of his tournament matches sometime, he's pretty good. ^^

Spring Rankings:
1. Snakeee (354.75)
2. Dazwa (58.73)
3. Thiocyanide (29.267)
4. RareTruffle (21.1)
5. FadedImage (16.168)

Summer Rankings:
1. Dazwa: (320.6)
2. Snakeee (181.911)
3. RareTruffle (88.204)
4. FadedImage (46.45)
5. Thiocyanide (31.699)
Last edited by TheZeroSuit; 08-27-2008 at 07:39 PM.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Unless Snakeee advanced the ZSS metagame incredibly, these results should still hold some merit as to what Dazwa is capable of. Watch some of his tournament matches sometime, he's pretty good. ^^

Spring Rankings:
1. Snakeee (354.75)
2. Dazwa (58.73)
3. Thiocyanide (29.267)
4. RareTruffle (21.1)
5. FadedImage (16.168)

Summer Rankings:
2. Snakeee (181.911)
3. RareTruffle (88.204)
4. FadedImage (46.45)
5. Thiocyanide (31.699)
Last edited by TheZeroSuit; 08-27-2008 at 07:39 PM.
DAZWA IS A BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTttt

sorry for the intrusion.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Spring Rankings:
1. Snakeee (354.75)
2. Dazwa (58.73)
3. Thiocyanide (29.267)
4. RareTruffle (21.1)
5. FadedImage (16.168)

Summer Rankings:
2. Snakeee (181.911)
3. RareTruffle (88.204)
4. FadedImage (46.45)
5. Thiocyanide (31.699)
Not to denigrate Dazwa or anything, but over that summer, he played no fewer than five hundred different characters at each respective tournament, so it's hard to say that he was specifically furthering the ZSS metagame.

He's good, but Snakeee has developed most of the tactics currently used by most ZSS mains.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Actually I only alternated between MK and ZSS during the Summer, my bazillion characters thing started in the fall.

The important thing is: money earned factored in way too much into the rankings.

EDIT: It was also impossible for me to advance the ZSS metagame as up until maybe 3 weeks ago there were no videos of me.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I haven't seen any vids of your ZSS, If you have some you should post them in the vid thread

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
The important thing is: money earned factored in way too much into the rankings.
Yeah seriously. I placed pretty well in the tournaments I was able to attend while at school (cuz let's face it, there's basically nothing out where I go to school), but nobody ever mentioned me. I guess it's because they figure that when money's on the line people tend to play much harder than for free.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah seriously. I placed pretty well in the tournaments I was able to attend while at school (cuz let's face it, there's basically nothing out where I go to school), but nobody ever mentioned me. I guess it's because they figure that when money's on the line people tend to play much harder than for free.
Yeah, that's like the only thing that matters. Depends on whose there, and the money on the line.

Top Bottom