• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, this sucks.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Man i watch this fox forums soo much, i used to live in it when brawl came out.

But this is getting upsetting, not much to talk about an fox just doesnt seem to have anymore tricks up his sleeve.

Is this all of fox's advance tricks, i hope something can still be found. Be nice to talk about something new on here.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Give it some time, and even if this is all he's got, you can always work on mindgamez.

He does seem to be lacking though, my performance has been steadily decreasing as my friends who main other characters get better and better. Fox is a pretty basic characters. He is kind of like a good version of Mario in that way. Easy to pick up and play but doesn't seem that deep. I think thats what I love so much about him though. It may be good to pick up a secondary though, just in case this is all we get.

This board has always been pretty dead though, so we may just need to wait.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
What sucks for me is that Fox is beaten by Falco and Pikachu. =[ So I toss him around as a secondary with Ike as my main.

But it is getting progressively harder to play with Ike and I can't use Diddy as much since his bananas can be used against him.

I don't know a new character to play. /cry

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
What sucks for me is that Fox is beaten by Falco and Pikachu. =[ So I toss him around as a secondary with Ike as my main.

But it is getting progressively harder to play with Ike and I can't use Diddy as much since his bananas can be used against him.

I don't know a new character to play. /cry

If you play Fox as a main you're pretty safe I think, because:

- Fox is one of the best characters atm, there are maybe 4-5 Characters which are "better" than him (according to the "japanese-tier-lists")
- He has no real disadvantages against other characters.
- He has no real disadvantages on different maps.
- He is fast, has fast fall speed and some nice tricks up his sleeves (shine for example) which helps you with your mindgames.
- He's an "Allrounder" with good ground-game, nice aerials, lasers etc.
- With his shine you can counter projectile-abusers.
- etc.

So Fox is just well-rounded and if you know the matchups and you're experienced with different playstyles you and your opponent could use, Fox has just the most potential and is able to win against any character, even if you're not WAYYY better than you're opponent. ^^'

cya

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Yea Fox has some tricks, He can be chaingrabed by Pikachu up to 100%, He can be stun guned By Zamus until he breaks out at the edge, He can be titled by Luigi ill 0-37% without escaping, He can be chain grabbed by Peach, Fox=GARBAGE, no more cheap *****.

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
Yea Fox has some tricks, He can be chaingrabed by Pikachu up to 100%, He can be stun guned By Zamus until he breaks out at the edge, He can be titled by Luigi ill 0-37% without escaping, He can be chain grabbed by Peach, Fox=GARBAGE, no more cheap *****.
You seem to be angry about sth...

1) Every character has weaknesses, you simply have to change your playstyle and adapt to what your opponent does.
2) Can zamus' stun gun shoot through fox' shine?
3) Seriously: How many ppl. play as Zamus, Pikachu, Peach or Luigi? If Fox was Tier-S totally owning the Metagame, ppl would play these characters that maybe have advantages over fox with "cheap" tricks, but those characters simply loose to often against characters which are more often played than Fox.
4) There are Characters that get pwned by counter-characters easier than Fox, so you shouldn't exaggerate Fox' weaknesses against certain characters.

Nobody's perfect, not even Fox, so calm down. ^^'

cya

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Fox may be basic, but his speed and power make up for this. I find myself wanting to play more and more Fox just because of how efficient he is at what he does.

Also, Falco > Fox. It's the truth.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
The entire smashboard, aside from general discussion, is slowly dying it would seem. General discussion is worse than gamefaqs, nothing really new for anyone. Odd that a month ago this page would barely load for me. I guess its good to weed out the casuals from people who really like the game but it looks like alot fewer are staying this time.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
As a Falco and fox player i will admit... Falco is a better character, but he has a slighty harder time killing people outright then fox does. And i'm working on Pika atm cus he's a pretty fun charater to play with when u can QAC :D fun **** to show off.

But i don't think i'm gonna give up on fox anytime soon, he's too cool of a character to throw in the trash.

swimmamanBKM

Smash Cadet
OMG GUYS! i feel like im reading quotes from a bunch of emo cutters!"the forums are near dead." "fox is just getting worse."(not exact words.) anyways you guys, fox isn't getting worse. other ppl are getting better! and fox has dealt with it in the past and he can deal with it now. he's a solid character...

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
OMG GUYS! i feel like im reading quotes from a bunch of emo cutters!"the forums are near dead." "fox is just getting worse."(not exact words.) anyways you guys, fox isn't getting worse. other ppl are getting better! and fox has dealt with it in the past and he can deal with it now. he's a solid character...
Yeah he is solid, but he isn't gaining any advantages + other characters are starting to find some nasty **** vs our fox.

EX Shiek.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
But i don't think i'm gonna give up on fox anytime soon, he's too cool of a character to throw in the trash.
That basically sums it up right there.

In hindsight, Melee Fox players were bound to be disappointed by Brawl Fox nomatter what. The Brawl team made an honest attempt to level the playing field and make each character just as powerful as the next; obviously that would mean that Fox would have to take a hit in the Awesome department given his effectiveness over other characters in Melee.

The changes to Fox don't make him bad. It makes him average. Oiler plate. Run-of-the-mill. With a bit of effort and a good amount of practice Fox can still be a great choice.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Don't complain. You guys have it so good compared to us Ness/Lucas users. 4_4
I ROFL'D when i saw that **** with the infinite grab crap + Pummel. But err i tried it with Fox and fox can't do it to Ness/Lucas zZz

That basically sums it up right there.

In hindsight, Melee Fox players were bound to be disappointed by Brawl Fox nomatter what. The Brawl team made an honest attempt to level the playing field and make each character just as powerful as the next; obviously that would mean that Fox would have to take a hit in the Awesome department given his effectiveness over other characters in Melee.

The changes to Fox don't make him bad. It makes him average. Oiler plate. Run-of-the-mill. With a bit of effort and a good amount of practice Fox can still be a great choice.

I was'nt a Fox main in Melee i was a Falco/Samus main, i was actually happy they leveled his ***, but i was expecting a few more Advance techs rather then Fail Shines. But at least you can main fox and never have to be called a lamer. Although that is quite depressing.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Don't complain. You guys have it so good compared to us Ness/Lucas users. 4_4
Man that is some rough **** you guys got their. I JUST picked up Ness like, the day before it was discovered, and I was sooo disappointed. I will never be able to play him competitively now. I wanted to raise him up to a secondary or something but there is no way you can counterpick someone with a psychic brat anymore.

Its sad cause Ness is so much fun to play too.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I ROFL'D when i saw that **** with the infinite grab crap + Pummel. But err i tried it with Fox and fox can't do it to Ness/Lucas zZz
You can, however, catch them with a running grab and lead into an up smash when you reach the edge of the stage. -_-

A lot of characters can do awful stuff to Lucas and Ness.

waks

Smash Journeyman
You can, however, catch them with a running grab and lead into an up smash when you reach the edge of the stage. -_-

Snake & Marth specifically :(

FrostByte

Smash Lord

That's why SSB is rated T. Child abuse.

Come to think of it, that's a pretty good name for the technique!

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I'll never give up on fox he's always been the best(in my opinion) and hill continue to be the best.

Us as fox mainer just have to work a little harded to get to the top. But it is still possible.

Don't give up hope on fox just yet.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman

YEAP :D. Although Falco can't do anything, but he still has the CG xD.

Snake & Marth specifically :(
Snake just seems to be able to abuse every mechanic in the game ... not suprised.

Yep, Fox is being ignored alot atm because it is the general opinion he was nerfed as much as shiek. He is still very much high tier.
I'm happy he was "Nerfd" or leveled to the playing field, and shiek is getting better everytime i see her in a match. Was thinking of picking up shiek.

Top Bottom