• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, I've thought about it...

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
Okay, well I've been thinking. I might be influenced by anyone who cares about this. I might plan on maining Link. He used to be my Melee main, and early in Brawl, I dropped him. I played as him from time to time and I think that I might give him a shot. I just want to ask you Link mains if I should main him or if I'm worthy >_> Oh, and yes, the "Link fanboyism" is haunting me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zoqrDXnWnzQ

Even though this was online, it doesn't matter to me. Please feel free to judge!

Also, these matches were taken in the summer, so I've probably gotten better. Your decision will decide if I should main Link! My opponent was also good, and that **** Falco CG pisses me off a lot when I'm Link xD

Thanks.

-Dogg/Naoki\Suzaku

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I like what I'm seeing.

I might reccomend more bombs/bombtrickery, more variation in your 'jab cancels' (you seemed to use Dsmash a lot, which is a good move, but just try to mix it up, ya' know?), and I'd like to see some ledgehopped airiels. :p

Keep it up.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
You are plenty worthy to main Link.

You have good jab cancel skills.

You canceled into grabs (ESSENTIAL)
U-Smash (Do less of)
D-Smash

You can also try to cancel into a spin attack for a kill move.

You can jab lock.
This is so good. It is what separates the good Links from the Bad.

The only thing you need to improve is your ledgegame. It is great that you know how to zair edgaurd. Try doing a zair edgaurd before coming off the ledge. It will mix it up a bit and against better players you won't get punished as much. Also Drop down and 2nd jump back onstage wit ha double fair. You can get both hits off and it will cancel so you can do a quick follow up attack.

We at the Link boards understand that Link sucks at brawl. Every single Link main mains Link out of Fanboyism. I mean comon HES FREAKIN LINK!

If you are not maining him for that reason you have no reason to play Link but seeing as Fanboy syndrom has taken you over we welcome you to our boards.

By the way. You should definatly post some of your matches in the Link video thread. Those were some good ones.

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
xD Thank you very much both of you. Finally, people that understand Link! I'll try to get some matches up by this weekend, since I can't brawl on the weekdays. I would like to thank you for the advice too, it'll help a lot. I have also learned many Link tactics, like the one mentioned above: Jab Cancel (I call it fish-flop and think it should have that name). I have found out that Link can drop a bomb like Toon Link on the ground, but you have to time his second jump into a fastfall, then release. Thank you. ^^

sasook

Smash Champion
Best "Hey I just picked up Link, critique please" Link player I've seen. Go for it man, you really have potential to be up there someday.

Dr.Jo2229

Smash Rookie
Hey man your awesome with link ive never seen such a beastly one i really recommend you to main him even more if those videos are from the summer you are obviously better now had a great time watching those videos.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
=Jab Cancel (I call it fish-flop and think it should have that name)=
I would support this statement........

Alright since You seem like to D-Smash so much I'll give you a combo.....

If you WEAK HIT N-air. You can easily follow up with a D-smash at Mid/Low percents.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!!!

Most people who don't play Link don't know this but NAIR is a trump card (At least it is mine. Dair will make you bounce but Nair has crazy priority and auto cancels which means you can do a lot of follow up moves and create small combo's.

I mean Nair goes through snakes Motar and Zelda's Fire Din as well as a few other projectiles.

The Thing with Link is that his SWORD air moves are not that good and his NON SWORD moves are great.

I've already discussed N-air.

Zair just ***** as a spacing tool.

Bair at high levels of play is so important.

Some things you can do with Bair that i didn't see.

Craq Walk out of it.------Link has such a great craq walk and it can lead to surprises and combos

RAR IT!!!!

REVERSE ARROW CANCEL FROM A BAIR

RAR a BAIR into a REVERSE ARROW CANCEL.

Just some things to keep in mind. You definatly understand Links basic ground game Once you add Pivot Boosting and Craq walk you'll have perfected the ground game. If you can learn some of those techniques and use them efficiently your link will become ****.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Plenty of moves go through Snakes Mortar, it actually has just average priority.

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if i am worthy...i dont cancel ****...i use jabs...bombs...arrowz...spinslash...D-air...probly more than i shud...i have killed a player in 30 secs...LINK can deal over 100% in about 15 secs...i have used LINK since 64!!! - ThaKing :p

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I wonder if i am worthy...i dont cancel ****...i use jabs...bombs...arrowz...spinslash...D-air...probly more than i shud...i have killed a player in 30 secs...LINK can deal over 100% in about 15 secs...i have used LINK since 64!!! - ThaKing :p
The heck? Another Link mainer in Texas? From reading a few of your posts my understanding is that you don't seem to get that Link isn't as good as you think he is, but I do believe he is really underrated. So you live in Dallas, huh? I'll send you a PM and hopefully we can get some brawl sessions in.

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
well i understand what he can do...he has massaive KO comboz...n is good for sniping...i like his D-AIR, U-AIR, and all smash moves...his grabs setup up for more smashes...n his bombs are good for a quick stun...slash...smash...lol i think i know what im doing...

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
well i understand what he can do...he has massaive KO comboz...n is good for sniping...i like his D-AIR, U-AIR, and all smash moves...his grabs setup up for more smashes...n his bombs are good for a quick stun...slash...smash...lol i think i know what im doing...
Let me point out that Brawl is a different game with different physics contrasted to Melee and 64. As I recall you told me you hadn't play Brawl that much because you just got a Wii. I'd say you'll be in for a surprise... You may know what Link can do, but do you know what other characters can do to Link? And with that I leave with one last question: who do you play with mostly? That in itself will just about determine your skill level as a smash player.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Well, since your new to the boards, go ahead and read the stickies, and I guarantee you will learn something new. You might want to check out Izaw's Art of Link video on Youtube.

EDIT- oh, you misunderstood me. WITH WHOM do you play with? My bad.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
good video, try to over shield grab, i use to do that on my brother and it got me into a lot of trouble. like you can be defensive just use a more varied approuch Out of your shield, good matches

Top Bottom