• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well 2v2 Disscussion i found

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
A Guide to Characters in 2v2s

source: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260661&page=12

Updated with GnW, I'd like to quote Zac, but I also feel he should just make his own thread in the GnW board and go even more in-depth XD

Help with ZSS commentary- I don't play ZSS, nor do I play anyone who does. I like the character, she's definitely got plenty of potential/gimmicks/random interesting spacing techniques and fluid motion in her playstyle, but I just can't seem to get my head around exactly how ZSS should be played in doubles, aside from with GnW as a partner ;P
Well these are options they gave us and they want some insight on these categories below.
Lets just try to get as many facts as possible so we can summit it for the guide. I will be first
obviously if possible lets try to summit by tomorrow night. Also try to point if you don't like and answer by someone and post in the format below first to give your ideas then feel free to dispute.

Carry:
Stock Tank:
Punisher:
DPS:
gimmick:

My input.

Carry: ZSS is a character with a huge arsenal begins with Suit pieces,is able to glide toss, Is able to keep up with most of the high tier roster.
Stock Tank:I think she is a decent stock tank she has many recovery options, mostly dies after 80-90%(statically speaking)with hard hits and her tether recovery has incredible reach.
Punisher: ZSS is known for good combinations with many characters her Stunning is her biggest asset and leaves other characters vulnerable for partners to take advantage of the situation.
DPS: ZSS is quite possibly one of the best damage dealers in the game because how most of her moves that are used are very fast and sometimes chainable to other moves.
gimmick: her gimmicks With ness or lucas is providing healing with down smash or B. We all know what she is capable with G&W.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I have been contributing to that already. Someone want to make a proper writeup on how to use ZSS in teams (including tricks we have with certain characters)

Dekar is looking for it

FYI, ZSS is rated as:
Gimmick/DPS

Carry: 6
Stock tank: 6
Punisher: 6
DPS: 9

Amazing Offensive Support
Decent Defensive Support

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
well i hope the guys who go to tournament with ZSS post. And we need an english A+ Student to the writeup cause i am awful. XD Thx for your insight adapt

solecalibur

Smash Master
Ive come to terms with not playing in teams because Im just terrible in teams, Id like to say Im eagerly waiting for someone to contribute though

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
i guess ill try to get the avg Carry,Stock tank, punisher,dps.

I would say carry 6-7
Stock tank 7-8
Punisher 8
Dps 9

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I just got 3rd in teams at one of our locals. What I can say is that ZS should be very high punisher and DPS, low on carry, mid on stock tank.

When you get stuck in 2v1 ZS is very easily punishable imo. Your idea teammates would be someone who can handle those situations better than you, and can set up your punishes.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
gratz nefarious on third place one small step for ZSS. Can you give a rating like from 1-10 on carry and such.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
zss + mother boy = own. in two seconds, you can heal lucas by 100% and ness by about 70-80%. that's the time it takes for an opponent to get back.

i don't think suit pieces are very useful in teams. your opponents can get control of them too fast if your partner doesn't know how to play with them especially since you might start the match in a position where you can't throw them away (fd, smashville). although, the fact that it's 2v2 will also help the suit pieces in a way; people like falco can't just reflect the projectiles anymore for risk of getting punished by your partner.

for offensive support, dsmash is ****. if your partner can follow up your dsmashes quick enough, you'll be landing even the most ridiculous of things like lucas usmash, d3 dash attack, etc etc.

zamus' speed makes her a good defensive support, a stale uair can actually save your partner from falling helplessly to their death if you're fast enough. dash attack is good for saving your partner from an attack/grab, fast.

zss is combo queen, period. i think she deserves 9-10 in dps.

however, i doubt her punishing capability. i've never used zamus in doubles before, but the way i see it, she only has a few kill moves: flip kick, plasma whip, uair, fair, bair. uair will be really stale unless we're talking about at the start of zamus' stock. fair and bair are slow to land because of zamus' -really high- shorthop. flip kick is situational, and that leaves plasma whip as her only punishment move.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
current avarage i took the big number on split decission.
Carry: 7
stock tank: 6.6
punisher : 7.6
DPS: 9.25

noradseven

Smash Lord
Before you question this remember that I played 2v2 and 4player FFA far more than 1v1, and no im not nuts for thinking she is a godly stock tank.

Assist as in how well she can fight sending in projectiles, doing team combos..etc.

Carry=7
Stock tank =9
Punisher=7
DPS=9
Assist=9
comeback=10 *when it turns into 1v2 and your the 1 :(.

ZSS is great in 2v2...while I complain about what she can do 1v1 in teams she is A tier at least.

Carry= its ZSS she doesn't really have any really bad fights, unfortunately she really doesn't have many good ones. Though she can really help balance out any team.

Stock tank, you have so many **** options for dodging/evading its almost absurd, even on a small stage with a few platforms if you are skilled at the down B cancel jesus christ will you drive your oppenents insane if they try to chase you down. I am normally the last person left on my team often with 2 lives so they can have 1, for the comeback.

Punisher= she really lacks a strong dash up and smack them attack to really be a great punisher, over B is nice though.

DPS= lol u-air->f-air

Assist=d-smash/over-B for wall and heavy team zoning, u-air->f-air sometimes d-smash for following up combos.

Comeback= ZSS probably has the most evasive options in the game and can quickly deal damage and be safe about it. Not to mention her light weight makes her awkward to start a combo. Ask anyone in NC what happened to them when they were all lol 2v1 we win.

People might disagree with thinking ZSS will die quickly in 2v1, but in my experience, 1-3 mistakes it doesn't matter who you are your dying eat an infinite. ZSS has the tools to evade that for a **** long time... and my unfortunate year+ experience in 3 player FFA, where I was the monkey in the middle gave me lots and lots of practice.

Top Bottom