• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome, to the Year of Brawl!

gigasteve

Smash Ace
First off, happy new year's everyone. Now, since the Year of Brawl is almost upon us, why don't we hear each others "New Smash Resolutions". Is there anything you'd like to do? Like become better, enter tournaments, submit stages for others to enjoy, make Smash games (like Lexi5), make youtube videos (I would enjoy that), or just contribute more to the Smash community (wait, we have one of those?). Let's hear your "New Smash Resolutions".

Sariku

Smash Master
This thread might last.

I will collect every trophy in Melee before Brawl comes out. I'm only missing a few of the special ones and 6 from Adventure Mode.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
This thread might last.

I will collect every trophy in Melee before Brawl comes out. I'm only missing a few of the special ones and 6 from Adventure Mode.
I hope it does. And all i'm missing is the diskun trophy, which I gave up on.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I vow to play the hell out of Dedede, and make him my very first ever main for competitive play (I'm serious, I don't care what tier he ends up on).

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I vow to use Ike. :V

And to find some sort of uber combo with him

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
to find a way to get a internet connection that will allow me to play ssb online

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
time for me to jump into the competitive scene.

and i'm sticking with mario. he's been buffed and it's time to extract revenge on all the haters.

NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I vow to keep maining the IC's, enter more tournys, and maybe main a few other chars, OH and to ignore the tier list:ohwell: It's the player not the char

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
My oath that I shall take up at this very moment is to be the Sephiroth Ken Hoang of Brawl.

Yeah yeah yeah I know lots of laughs! Hmph!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
My oath that I shall take up at this very moment is to be the Sephiroth Ken Hoang of Brawl.

Yeah yeah yeah I know lots of laughs! Hmph!
Uhm, good luck with that, I'm hoping to do good in my first tourny of brawl, and get into the pros

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm going to really try to get competitive. I'm talking mad practice, every spare moment will be used for practice. Of course, spare means not at school, hanging out with friends or playing sports. I'm not going to ONLY play Brawl.

After the first 48 hours.

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
I vow to get Brawl and maybe set up a Youtube account to post Brawl videos. That's a maybe.

Apart from that, become a part of this community.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to get into the tournament scene with Brawl and hopefully go pro after a while, Portland seems to have a large Smash scene so I should be okay finding tournaments.

spindash

Smash Ace
I have a few wishes for the new year.

One is to enjoy Super Smash Bros. Brawl to it's fullest capacity and have a blast playing with anyone I can find and with the people that I care about. Two is to always main as Sonic the Hedgehog. Nothing's going to change my resolve to play as him.

But my vow?

There is no doubt in my mind that I shall be a Sonic Pro on the competitive scene. But I want to ascend beyond just being one of the many. I don't care about being some champion of Smash Bros., but I'm going to express my pride. Mark my words when I claim that I shall become the top Sonic Pro in the entire world.

That, is my Super Smash Bros. Resolution for the New Year. 2008; bring it on.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I just want to get at the highest level of skill I possibly can at this game after I unlock everything. Really looking forward to online and tournament play! This game will be the best game ever. It will be so much fun I can't wait! 40 more days left until US release! I hope everyone is as hyped as I am.

Top Bottom