• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the Smashboards News Portal

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Welcome to the Smashboards News Portal, the newest addition to the Smashboards feature family and your source for anything and everything related to the world of Smash! Here you'll find complete tournament coverage for all of the currently released games, as well as posts regarding the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, and Smash Bros. related entertainment like the popular podcasts Japan Time and Melee It On Me.

The first order of business? APEX 2014! We're less than a week away and there's still a lot to do be done in preparation for the big event! If you're entered in an event at APEX this year, be sure to brush up on the General Rules for attending, as well as the specific ruleset for any of the games that you've entered, whether it's Smash 64, Melee, Brawl or Project M.

Speaking of Project M, the PMBR just recently released a patch for 3.0. 3.01 includes a number of fixes and tweaks to things in 3.0 (No more costume lag!). The update also brings with it the release of a new launcher app, capable of displaying notices, allowing SDHC cards for Homebrew users and downloading new updates directly from the launcher.

You can read more about the launcher and view the changelog for Project M 3.01 in the release thread.

Finally, if you're interested in contributing content to the Smashboards News Portal, feel free to send myself or AlphaZealot a PM. We're hoping to bring even more quality content to Smashboards and we can't do it without the help of the community! Have a great idea for News Portal post? We'd love to hear it, so get in touch!

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It would be cool if there was a section for SSB4 daily pics on the home page as well, but maybe that is asking for too much as there is already a thread.
but nice to see that we have a main page!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
NICE! Glad we're finally getting a news aggregate out here

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It would be cool if there was a section for SSB4 daily pics on the home page as well, but maybe that is asking for too much as there is already a thread.
but nice to see that we have a main page!
I agree with Moon Monkey. Advertising new information on the Smash Bros. games and linking it to the discussion forums would be good. I wouldn't suggesting posting the picture of the day, every day. However, relevant information such as character and stage reveals, game information, and articles, quotes, and news from Sakurai would be a great addition. Still, the front page looks beautiful!

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Ah, I was wondering when this would show up. Glad it's finally here. :D

Good show, Warchamp!

Adond

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adond