• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the K-W-C-G Melee Power Rankings!! ~ Updated!! November 9, 2010

Sanu

Smash Champion
The Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph Melee competitive scene has come quite far in recent years, spawning players high and low. The original power ranking and community of ye old was left behind when Brawl was released as people lost interest in Melee. But with the recent influx of smashfests, tournaments and participation, reinstating the areas power rankings is just the next logical step, and so we present...

The Official K-W-C-G
Melee Power Rankings!!

Panelists: Sanuzi, SummonedFist, Kada

This list is in place in order to rank the top players of the KWCG area, to foster competitive play, to motivate the community to improve their overall skill level, and to inspire new players to participate

Position Criteria
  • Tournament Performance - Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles and Doubles in recent tournaments. In some particular cases, it's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Brackets are also taken in consideration
  • Consistency of Results - If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
  • Tournament Attendance - If you are ranked on the PR but you don't show up to tournaments, expect other people to rise up and take your spot. Step up, do your best, may you be 1st or 10th.

KWCG Power Rankings

• 1. - Sanuzi
    • :peach: :falco:
  • 2. - Coolhat
    • :luigi2:
  • 3. - SummonedFist
    • :peach: :fox: :falco: :marth:
    EWC
    • :fox:
  • 5. - Mchen
    • :fox:
    Acidile
    • :sheik:
    Executor
    • :falco:
    Riddlebox
    • :peach:
  • 9. N How2
    • :marth:
  • 10. N Kada
    • :ganondorf:

Up and Coming List

The following players were considered for the Power Rankings but didn't make the cut. Use this list to motivate yourselves to strive for greatness. If you feel you should be mentioned here, and your name was forgotten, please post. This list is not in any particular order

• Puu
    • :peach:
  • David
    • :falcon: :falco:
  • Gold
    • :jigglypuff:
  • NiteCyper
    • :falco:

Previous Standings

October 3rd, 2010
1. Sanuzi
2. Coolhat
3. Summonedfist
4. Executor
5. Mchen
6. EWC
7. Riddlebox
8. Acidile
9. Puu
10. JT

Considered Tournaments
Monthlies@Uwaterloo - October 2nd
Monthlies@Uwaterloo - November 6th

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanu

Smash Champion
fixed

Glad people like it!! Strive for greatness, see improvement, move up the rankings ;]

Sanu

Smash Champion
The final list of panelists has been decided!! Best get ready for the November 6th tournament if you want to keep or improve your PR spots people! Competition isn't going to be easy this time :]

Sanu

Smash Champion
Hah! Glad to see there being some actual interest

Haven't had the chance to update, in due time :p

idea

Smash Master
i just had a thought, it'd be cool if toronto bused down to waterloo for one of your tournaments sometime. dunno if we'd have any place to stay though.

or if they get lazy/have no money, maybe just me. less competition then ;)

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
josh i think you should keep a record (if you don't already) of the old PRs.

what i mean is that you should maybe keep the record publicly visible so ppl can see changes

alternately you could do "________ +/- X" where "_" is name and "+/- X" is how much ppl go up/down by

or you could do both

just sayin'

Sanu

Smash Champion
josh i think you should keep a record (if you don't already) of the old PRs.

what i mean is that you should maybe keep the record publicly visible so ppl can see changes

alternately you could do "________ +/- X" where "_" is name and "+/- X" is how much ppl go up/down by

or you could do both

just sayin'
Was thinking of doing this, not sure why I didn't. Lazyness probably.

I'll see what I can do!

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Yes justin cuz you gotta play more consistent =P
don't worry, we took into consideration you taking that one game off me in pools back in oct :)

don't worry about chars hao lol

josh doesn't play peach (much anymore except sometimes in dubs)

and i go fox/falco/peach/marth in tourney lol, just no one knows. it's all a secret ;)

edit: i just looked at the front page

good stuff josh i like what yo udid

Executor

Smash Apprentice
Yes justin cuz you gotta play more consistent =P
don't worry, we took into consideration you taking that one game off me in pools back in oct :)
Thanks jack, that pools win is the highlight of my tornament career I'm glad you remember

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I look at this list and wish I was in that region, then I think about it and I smile cuz GTA is so much better. Overall ofcourse lol.

Sanu

Smash Champion
you're worse than most of these guys so what difference does that make

:bee:

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
It tugs at my nostalgic heart-strings to see coolhat on this list.

Don't you guys wish we could go back and do it all again sometimes?

Top Bottom