• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the #AssistAlliance: AT and Spirit Character Promotion Discussion (What Does Pass 2 Mean for Spirits or Assists?)

What characters do you think are possible to make the jump to be playable?

• Assists

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Spirits

Votes: 66 28.3%
  • Both

Votes: 121 51.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 28 12.0%

• Total voters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally, I think it's more likely to be Terry as part of the season 1 amiibos.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why is that? I would expect the FP1 characters to come out in order: Joker > Hero > Banjo & Kazooie > Terry > Byleth.
Because Terry fits in there alphabetically and it could be an error exclusive to his input. I'm doing web design right now and I know how much a single typo can mess things up.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So after Nintendo of Europe tweeted this, I got thinking. Maybe Spirits can be promoted and will replace the fighter. https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1273314584041054208?s=20 I bought it up because they tweeted this 2 days ago before the reveal announcement. So the ones that can be promoted are the ones that have spirits battles base game on launch. The ones don't have a spirit battle will not be promoted into a fighter. Aside one of the Arms spirits, here's my wish of the ones that are possible to be promoted into a fighter: Geno, Rex, Rayman, and Shantae.

Last edited:

Yoyomom

Smash Rookie
Although it's unlikely, I support assist trophies. We got a mook. We got a non-protagonist before a protagonist. We got a rep from Nintendo's CURRENT rival. Some of the most essential characters are assist trophies and I don't think they should be rejected just because they're assist trophies. Here are the assist trophies I want to see promoted to fighter the most...

Waluigi: I want Waluigi for completion reasons. We got Mario, Luigi, and Wario. Waluigi would complete the Charles Quartette. People forcing me to not want him and claiming I only want him "for the memes" only makes me want him even more.
Move set: Tennis shot (neutral special), Zipper motorbike (forward special), Corkscrew (up special), "WAH!" (down special), Showtime tennis shot (final smash).
Costumes: Purple & black, Yellow & purple, Green & blue, Red & blue, Tennis aces, Yellow Tennis aces, Green Tennis aces, and Red Tennis aces.
Acceptable substitutes: None.

Zero: It's only a matter of time before we get another Sonic rep. I don't want another Smash bros with more Sonic reps than Mega Man reps. And as much as I would like to see Proto Man or Roll join the fight, I think two third party reps per franchise are enough. Zero is a Mega Man character who has his own series and isn't a Mega Man.
Move set: His move set from Mega Man X4 with Zero legends as a final smash where he summons Zero from Mega Man Zero and Mega Man Model ZX for a team attack.
Costumes: Shoulder pads, Black armor, MMZ colors, Zero nightmare, Armor X colors, Axl colors, Bass colors, and Vile MKIII colors.
Acceptable substitutes: Any Mega Man character.

Krystal: It's about time we got another Starfox rep. I don't want Wolf to be the last Starfox rep. And as much as I would like Slippy, I think Krystal would make more people happy.
Move set: She could be a semi-clone of Fox with her Spear used for forward attacks.
Costumes: Unsure.
Acceptable substitutes: Any Starfox rep.

Springman: I want Springman for obvious reasons. Though I think it's unlikely that we would have two ARMs reps as DLC for the Fighters pass vol.2. Maybe next time.
Move set: A clone of Min Min where he uses his standard arms for his down special, and uses Rush for his final smash.
Costumes: His basic design, his palette swaps from ARMs, Springtron's colors, and Springtron's palette swaps colors form ARMs.
Acceptable substitutes: We already have an ARMs rep.

Honorable mention...

Akira: Although I don't want any more Sega reps in Smash (especially another Sonic rep), I'll make an exception for Akira. He is Sega's main representative in Project X Zone.
Move set: I'm not sure, but his Forward throw could be Tetsuzanko and his final smash could be Hougeki Unshin.
Costumes: Half of his costumes could be his design from Project X Zone while the other half could be his polygon design.

Last edited:
Top Bottom