• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weirdest and/or most Epic spikes ever

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
If I hadn't taunted I would have had a really epic spike. D3 used his upb and nearly grabbed the ledge, but I spiked him. He used his upb just before he fell too far and, because I thought he was dead he recovered. If I had spiked him, über epic. (I was ness btw).

Spacejam

Smash Rookie
What's a spike and how exactly do they work? I'm watching the videos and I'm just like, "wtf just happened?"

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
Game and Watch 9 hammer to Samus' meteor smash. Completly unplanned, but I got to steal a KO.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I did a morphball bomb on a captain falcon
he was recovering, got hit by ZE BOMB!!! and fell to his death. (or was trying to recover again, I have the replay and can't remember what happened XD (can't upload it cause I ain't got video capture card))

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
In a friendly team match, my team partner had died leaving me alone to fight a Pikachu and a Wolf. I was Samus. I won. You can guess how. Spikes ftw.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I've got so many replays I don't know what I have as far as spikes go, but I do know I have a replay where I spike someone into a box corner and they spin against it for at least 3 seconds.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
yeah, these are just rumors... I'd just love to see one of them.
No, no it is not a rumor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDMKcaGYoVg

I've seen theshadowprojekt do it on a MK, I'm not sure how good he is nor do I know the skill level of the MK he was facing at the time. I'll find his vid when I have the time, I don't really feel like it since it is a small scene that is part of one of his 100 Poke'mon Battle videos.

Back on topic, I have a team brawl video where I was Marth and managed to spike both opponents at the same time. Not as epic as some of the vids in this thread but I thought it was pretty cool. I'll upload it when I can.

BSP

Smash Legend
With Ness, i've double spiked fox and falco in a team match and sonic and someone else in a with anyone match. I have the replays too. I've also yo-yo spiked, but don't know if I have the replay.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I once had this epic spike where I side-Bd my cousin quite high up on Final Destination. He took a nose-dive towards the bottom (quite near the edge actually) and I was like "Come on! That took skill!" and my cousins and bro were like "No. Just luck.".

UberMario

Smash Master
I forgot to save the replay but . . . .

I was angry at a Bowser-mainer during a 4-way battle online,
so I jabbed him into a downthrow, grabbed an AT w/ Knuckle Joe,
threw him into KJs punches and finished him off with a Warp Star, intercepting him in a magnifiying glass at the top of the screen. This was at FD, and he went from 50% to 210% in 6 seconds.

Top Bottom